The Latest Rumor (1 Viewer)

I don't know because the the guy that could tell us just got bashed to death.

Thick skin.... He'll be fine.

But, I would bet that because of his friendship with both of the aforementioned parties, he'll let the official release do all the talking...

Re: The Latest Rumorhe

Alan, i have great respect for you as an announcer and an important part of nhra. That said: i, like the over whelming majority of people on this thread, think yOu are dead wrong. This is a place for anything anybody wants to say about drag racing within the bounds of good taste. You want facts go to the nhra website. This Place is for fans. I enjOy when owners or drivers post here but truthfully its really not the place for them. This is for bullsh-ting with a little bit of hard news thrown in oncE in a while. And truthfully you sounded like a bragging, petulent teenager when you tell us who you are visiting and having lunch with. You tarnish your image with posts like
that.

Wrong!!! Totally wrong..Pack will walk them.

Posted typing on my computer, at my desk, while eating a choc chip cookie provided to me by a vendor for xmas....and I had dinner last night with Travis...the bartender at the local pub..
You mean a "BOX" of choc chip cookies don't you. ha ha cya buddy:D

I debated whether or not I wanted to put my $.02 in here. In my opinion, the initial rumors are not the problem. Most the threads started on this site merely repeat what has been published on other websites that report racing news. The problem arises when somebody comes into the thread, tries to put 2 and 2 togther and end up getting 6 (i.e. the Al-Anabi haulers showed up in Palm Beach without signage so that must mean they lost all their funding). That's where things tend to fall out of the discussion category and into sheer nonsense. Then the insults start to fly and before you know it, the thread has dissolved into nothing but salty garbage. I try to avoid falling into this trap, but I know that I am probably guilty of it from time to time. That's my opinion on the subject, take it for what it's worth.

Salty Garbage is that the name of your new nostalgia funny car? If you can find enought money for me to run part or full time under that banner also.

Salty Garbage is that the name of your new nostalgia funny car? If you can find enought money for me to run part or full time under that banner also.

I tried to give you suggestions on what to call your car, but you wouldn't listen! I still like the ring that "Testicular Sound Express" has to it.

Since this was bounced back to the top I read it again and just want to try to clear up one thing.

This started about a rumor regarding Al-Anabi, MLR, Brandon and Larry. I was not trying to say "Hey look at me I am hanging with the cool kids!" I was simply stating that I had spoken to all the players personally and that's where I got my information. I wasn't quoting "anonymous sources."

If the rumor was that PJ is going to be in a Funny Car next year, wouldn't you want to hear from PJ? I would.

Alan

Since this was bounced back to the top I read it again and just want to try to clear up one thing.

This started about a rumor regarding Al-Anabi, MLR, Brandon and Larry. I was not trying to say "Hey look at me I am hanging with the cool kids!" I was simply stating that I had spoken to all the players personally and that's where I got my information. I wasn't quoting "anonymous sources."

If the rumor was that PJ is going to be in a Funny Car next year, wouldn't you want to hear from PJ? I would.

Alan

Alan, I agree I would like to hear it from the source. However the people/fans want to know what is going on with their sport and if the source is unable/unwilling to speak, then they will listen to whoever steps up to the podium, and they will believe it and talk about it.

Alan

So who exactly is PJ ? and which funny car will he be driving? ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back