The Latest Rumor (2 Viewers)

I’m taking a time out from all this rumor and gossip stuff. Sorry if I offended anyone. But you really don’t know how big of a headache this whole thing is causing for the players. AJ and ML both have seats to fill, and both are evaluating the best option for their teams. NOTHING has been decided yet. Certainly there are front runners but nothing has been contracted and therefore nothing has been announced.

Yet everytime a story hits the web, it causes another round of headaches for the players. Larry Dixon isn’t answering his phone or returning calls because there is nothing to say. What should he do call everyone who wants to know what’s up? And say “No comment” When the entire thing is worked out it will be announced, however all those who need to be first (doesn’t seem to matter if they’re right, just first) put a story out and it starts all over again. The same goes for Chad or AJ or anybody else over there. If you want to ask the question, ask Al-Anabi spokesman Rob Goodman and he will tell you “No comment” Once they get the deal worked out, they will announce it.

Brandon is looking for a job, he may end up working for Morgan, they are friends and they are talking. Brandon has also put feelers out to anyone else who is or might be looking to hire a driver. When an ESPN.com story or some other “insider” reports that Brandon is driving for Morgan, then anybody else who might be considering making an offer could just take Brandon off the list of candidates. Not good for Brandon, and he has to touch base and let them know he is still on the market.

I started the “So you’re AJ” thread so everybody could make a pitch for their favorite driver, just opinions, not facts. All in fun, no harm done. When the LD thread took off it was full of “this is what I heard” or “My sources tell me” or “I have the inside story” and none of it was verified, and a lot of it was just plain fantasy. However if three people all heard the same thing, then it turns into a “Fact” and does more damage than anything else. When it all comes out, some of the stories will prove to have been right, and those people will fell vindicated. But saying you know who is going to drive for ML right now is just like saying you know who is going to win the Super Bowl. You might end up guessing right, but you really don’t “Know” it. Simply because it hasn’t been decided yet.

Anyway, like I said I’m taking a time out.

And if you want to know where my information comes from, I am typing this from an office at MLR. I went by Brandon’s shop and spoke to him and Donnie Bender when I got into town. I visited the Al-Anabi shop Thursday and spoke both CCs and to Chad. And I had Dinner with Larry Dixon last night. Now if your sources are better than mine, let’s hear it.

Alan

Your kidding right? If im a team owner and looking to hire a driver...id call the driver not look on an internet message board and see if he is still available..."wait, this thread says driver A signed with team B....Ok cross him off the list"

please.....

............When an ESPN.com story or some other “insider” reports that Brandon is driving for Morgan, then anybody else who might be considering making an offer could just take Brandon off the list of candidates..........

So a team owner considering BB as a driver would take him off the list based on what he read on the internet without calling BB themselves...... okay, I'm naive, but I'm not buying that.....

Your kidding right? If im a team owner and looking to hire a driver...id call the driver not look on an internet message board and see if he is still available..."wait, this thread says driver A signed with team B....Ok cross him off the list"

please.....

Oops, looks like you tree'd me... :)

Alan, in all due respect, give us a break. The drivers, owners, crew chiefs, crew members, media, sponsors, and the NHRA should be concerned if there WASN'T ANY INTEREST from the fans. If a prospective deal falls apart because of internet speculation or rumor, then I would say that the deal had no legs to begin with. It's human nature to speculate and discuss the behind-the-scenes deals that we the normal fans don't have access to.

Alan, in all due respect, give us a break. The drivers, owners, crew chiefs, crew members, media, sponsors, and the NHRA should be concerned if there WASN'T ANY INTEREST from the fans. If a prospective deal falls apart because of internet speculation or rumor, then I would say that the deal had no legs to begin with. It's human nature to speculate and discuss the behind-the-scenes deals that we the normal fans don't have access to.

Mater post of the day? Very possibly...

I’m taking a time out from all this rumor and gossip stuff. Sorry if I offended anyone. But you really don’t know how big of a headache this whole thing is causing for the players. AJ and ML both have seats to fill, and both are evaluating the best option for their teams. NOTHING has been decided yet. Certainly there are front runners but nothing has been contracted and therefore nothing has been announced.

Yet everytime a story hits the web, it causes another round of headaches for the players. Larry Dixon isn’t answering his phone or returning calls because there is nothing to say. What should he do call everyone who wants to know what’s up? And say “No comment” When the entire thing is worked out it will be announced, however all those who need to be first (doesn’t seem to matter if they’re right, just first) put a story out and it starts all over again. The same goes for Chad or AJ or anybody else over there. If you want to ask the question, ask Al-Anabi spokesman Rob Goodman and he will tell you “No comment” Once they get the deal worked out, they will announce it.

Brandon is looking for a job, he may end up working for Morgan, they are friends and they are talking. Brandon has also put feelers out to anyone else who is or might be looking to hire a driver. When an ESPN.com story or some other “insider” reports that Brandon is driving for Morgan, then anybody else who might be considering making an offer could just take Brandon off the list of candidates. Not good for Brandon, and he has to touch base and let them know he is still on the market.

I started the “So you’re AJ” thread so everybody could make a pitch for their favorite driver, just opinions, not facts. All in fun, no harm done. When the LD thread took off it was full of “this is what I heard” or “My sources tell me” or “I have the inside story” and none of it was verified, and a lot of it was just plain fantasy. However if three people all heard the same thing, then it turns into a “Fact” and does more damage than anything else. When it all comes out, some of the stories will prove to have been right, and those people will fell vindicated. But saying you know who is going to drive for ML right now is just like saying you know who is going to win the Super Bowl. You might end up guessing right, but you really don’t “Know” it. Simply because it hasn’t been decided yet.

Anyway, like I said I’m taking a time out.

And if you want to know where my information comes from, I am typing this from an office at MLR. I went by Brandon’s shop and spoke to him and Donnie Bender when I got into town. I visited the Al-Anabi shop Thursday and spoke both CCs and to Chad. And I had Dinner with Larry Dixon last night. Now if your sources are better than mine, let’s hear it.

Alan

Funniest damn post I've ever read on this site.:rolleyes:
I'm glad I checked in today...

Alan, someone needs to remember that this isn't Russia, and if the folks involved can't handle a little old fashioned chit-chat on an old fashioned chit-chat board that serves them well for 10+ months, then they shouldn't log on and read it this time of year.
Simple as that.
I got to believe they'll be a season in 2012, in spite of the Nitromater forum topics and responses, and it's something the players involved should already know how to deal with.
I think people know that what they've read from any internet forum, all the way to words from our President's mouth is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Are you concerned about Kurt Busch's job placement (hopefully in ARCA) as well? I bet the Nascar boards are just on fire about their silly season, and it adds to the interest of the fans which is healthy for the sport..

Personally, I could give a crap who goes where, or who's doin' who, but people have every right to talk about it where ever, whenever and however they want. You're intentions may have been good in your head, but a flag should be thrown on your post for suggesting otherwise. I would suggest that those who are frustrated by the American free speech system should reassess what the system has given to them.

Last edited:
Come on, really??!! Let me attempt to address your concerns:

THIS IS AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. PEOPLE COME TO THIS SITE TO BS AND BLOW OFF STEAM.

Owners/drivers who read a thread from this site and run with it as fact have many more issues they probably need to address (i.e. Knoll).

Don't take yourself too seriously, life is waaaay too short for that...

Quoted for the truth!

A message board is merely internet banter,nothing more,nothing less. If these teams/drivers are getting bent out of shape over it,they need to re-evaluate their priorities.

Alan,

At least one of the names you mentioned is a relative of mine. I cope by not letting anything I read here get to me anymore. (It did once, long ago) My best option is to stop reading if I recognize where it's going or to just let it go. I gotta believe most players do the same.

I don't have any idea of what's in the works and don't want to know. I just hope as facts become available, my family will share them with me before I read it on the internet. If not, I will just wait for an announcement like everyone else.

Happy silly season everyone. Is it February yet? ;)

Interested to hear what Whit/ Kernan say. Do they still do Wed. W/ HW Bazemore? I truely enjoyed that insight throghout the racing season! :D

John

First off I'm nobody so this opinion doesn't matter anyway. Long time reader, never post but here it goes. I have read many of your post and it is the same old thing. You gain all these fans respect by what you do and then open your mouth and lose that respect. I understand sometimes feeling you have to say something sort of like what I'm doing here. You just need to pick your battles. When you don't like what is posted so often you kind of just look like a over opinionated whiner. I have never seen you wearing a Nitromater sheriff badge. I gotta say I think people should stick to what they do best rather than come on a message board and try to change the world. Asher needs to stick to taking pictures, Reinhart needs to stick to anouncing, Force needs to keep running his circus:rolleyes: ect ect. I would guess not many others come here to read the stone cold truth......come on. I'm so sick of people complaining about things they can not change. If you think that you may have an ego issue. Just because you had dinner with so and so or you are sitting at so and so's office desk doesn't mean your opinions of what goes on here matter. The waiter and janitor were there too so I'm waiting for their take on all of this. If things here matter so much then those involved should come on here and tell everyone a lot of this is a rumor and nothing is final. I bet that would put out a lot of the fire. I don't think anyone here believes they are going to mess up someones ride or sponsorship. Most of the big rumors didn't even start here so you have bigger fish to fry.

Quit taking up for everyone else at your own expense. You do this often. You try to set the record straight about someone you know but you are always so bold about it. Maybe your taking up for what you think is best for the NHRA and not always how you feel. I don't know? I see you taking up for Kurt Busch because someone should not have recorded something public and put it on the internet saying something to the effect that it was OK because everyone gets mad because they have passion. Yes everyone gets mad but it is not OK to talk down to someone under any circumstance. That is different! If you stand by and tolerate that you just can't be much of a man. Sometimes attention like yours just add to the drama it doesnt stop it. If you look I have not posted before and I've been here since 2007. You got a non poster to post didn't you! They have whole TV networks dedicated to drama. Some..no.... a lot of people thrive on it. Personally I like my life drama free.......oh no I hope Bill Stephens isnt behind this because I just fell for it. This may take Nitromater to the next level!!! I'm just trying to be funny Mr. Stephens I like you,lol. If anyone even reads this let alone be offended by it just ignore me. If you attack me I probably won't reply because I don't like to post and like I said I don't like drama. I love drag racing.......can't we all just get along:) One last thing.... people need to quit idolizing and ass kissing when they think a "somebody" post on here. Its just not healthly. Its OK to be a fan but don't put people on a pedastal and agree with everything they say. I wish more were like Joe Castello at WFO. He is always so positive, happy and humble. He could read an obituary and it would keep me in a good mood:D

Michael Burke
[email protected]

Last edited:
First off I'm nobody so this opinion doesn't matter anyway. Long time reader, never post but here it goes. I have read many of your post and it is the same old thing. You gain all these fans respect by what you do and then open your mouth and lose that respect. I understand sometimes feeling you have to say something sort of like what I'm doing here. You just need to pick your battles. When you don't like what is posted so often you kind of just look like a over opinionated whiner. I have never seen you wearing a Nitromater sheriff badge. I gotta say I think people should stick to what they do best rather than come on a message board and try to change the world. Asher needs to stick to taking pictures, Reinhart needs to stick to anouncing, Force needs to keep running his circus:rolleyes: ect ect. I would guess not many others come here to read the stone cold truth......come on. I'm so sick of people complaining about things they can not change. If you think that you may have an ego issue. Just because you had dinner with so and so or you are sitting at so and so's office desk doesn't mean your opinions of what goes on here matter. The waiter and janitor were there too so I'm waiting for their take on all of this. If things here matter so much then those involved should come on here and tell everyone a lot of this is a rumor and nothing is final. I bet that would put out a lot of the fire. I don't think anyone here believes they are going to mess up someones ride or sponsorship. Most of the big rumors didn't even start here so you have bigger fish to fry.

Quit taking up for everyone else at your own expense. You do this often. You try to set the record straight about someone you know but you are always so bold about it. Maybe your taking up for what you think is best for the NHRA and not always how you feel. I don't know? I see you taking up for Kurt Busch because someone should not have recorded something public and put it on the internet saying something to the effect that it was OK because everyone gets mad because they have passion. Yes everyone gets mad but it is not OK to talk down to someone under any circumstance. That is different! If you stand by and tolerate that you just can't be much of a man. Sometimes attention like yours just add to the drama it doesnt stop it. If you look I have not posted before and I've been here since 2007. You got a non poster to post didn't you! They have whole TV networks dedicated to drama. Some..no.... a lot of people thrive on it. Personally I like my life drama free.......oh no I hope Bill Stephens isnt behind this because I just fell for it. This may take Nitromater to the next level!!! I'm just trying to be funny Mr. Stephens I like you,lol. If anyone even reads this let alone be offended by it just ignore me. If you attack me I probably won't reply because I don't like to post and like I said I don't like drama. I love drag racing.......can't we all just get along:) One last thing.... people need to quit idolizing and ass kissing when they think a "somebody" post on here. Its just not healthly. Its OK to be a fan but don't put people on a pedastal and agree with everything they say. I wish more were like Joe Castello at WFO. He is always so positive, happy and humble. He could read an obituary and it would keep me in a good mood:D

Michael Burke
[email protected]

Buy this man a cigar!!........ spot on mike!!!!:)

Michael Burke
[email protected]

What Michael said !! So Alan should we follow your lead and give you a label?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back