What's the latest with LD? (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Been a quiet week since the announcement of the 2 new drivers for Alan Johnson. One wonders what Larry has up his sleeve. No rumors on any of the boards or sites, you would think there has to be something going on somewhere that someone has to know what might be coming. I know it has been posted before but I sure would hate not having LD not being out there in a quality ride or his own team. Too much of a class act to be among the missing!

My guess? I'm leaning to thinking that he may be starting his own team, a big undertaking, and is waiting for all the stars to align before going public. The biggest challenge in that, besides $$$ is who would be the crew chief? Most if not all the top guys are already spoken for and not having a top notch CC would be disastrous for a fledging new team. Which ever way it goes Good Luck to LD!

Just my 2 cents!

No rumors on any of the boards or sites

Uhhhh ... DRO posted a rumor that LD might go to Force to help him start up a Top Fuel team for Brittany Force.

In one of the LD threads on this board, a rumor was posted the Kevin Harvick was going to own a Top Fuel team with LD as the team manager and driver.

The word "rumor" should be stressed with both stories.

Last edited:
What are Kevin Pointer, Tony Shortall, Ace M., Lee Beard, Kurt Elliot, Jim
Dupuis, Donnie Bender, and John Stewart up to these days?

What are Kevin Pointer, Tony Shortall, Ace M., Lee Beard, Kurt Elliot, Jim
Dupuis, Donnie Bender, and John Stewart up to these days?

Lee Beard is the new crew chief for Cruz Pedregon. Pretty sure John Stewart is still with Morgan Lucas Racing. The Ace is retired. I think Jim Dupuy is with Bob Vandergriff. Tony Shortall was the crew chief on Dexter Tuttle's car to finish out this season, not sure about next year. Donnie Bender just got let go by Bernstein, I am sure he will have a job before too much longer. Last I heard about Kevin Poynter was he was tuning Lex Joon in Europe ... not sure if he has anything going on this side of the pond. I haven't heard about Kurt Elloitt since he was released by Morgan Lucas before the US Nationals.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Back to the original point of the thread ... Donnie Bender tuned LD to some wins at the Snake and he is available ... Maybe he could fit into these rumors somehow.

Last edited:
Uhhhh ... DRO posted a rumor that LD might go to Force to help him start up a Top Fuel team for Brittany Force.

In one of the LD threads on this board, a rumor was posted the Kevin Harvick was going to own a Top Fuel team with LD as the team manager and driver.

The word "rumor" should be stressed with both stories.

Forgot about the Force rumor, could be, never saw the Kevin Harvick one.
Bender would be good, what about his sidekick Todd smith?
keep the thoughts coming!

I'm really disappointed that Larry is without a ride, as far as we know anyway. I know he would like to have his own team, but If I had to guess, he was probably thinking a bit later in life. Problem is, starting your own team doesn't make one bit of financial sense, unless you've got a major backer, along with associates, locked & loaded for a mult-year run. End of story. Unless you have the personal wealth that allows you to spend a Mil+ on buying the infrastructure and the ability to light a match to another, at LEAST, $2Mil a year, it's not happening. Anyone disagree?

Larry should build a Nostalgia AA/FD! His dad did. It's a good way to get the ego rush, but watch out! Brett Harris is planing to defend his 2011 Championship with a new Frank and Scott Parks Neil&Parks F.E.D.!

Larry Dixon Jr driving, Austin Coil turning the wrenches, and LD Sr just haning out to keep it all "*****in".

Larry is an awesome guy and comes to all the nostalgia events that we run.
He brought his "street car" down in the summer just to ride around the pits which he did numerous times every day. He is an absolute blast to talk to and hang out with. The stories are endless.

255072_2171245802803_1296501123_2686885_4869934_n.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't heard about starting his own team, but a possible move to an existing team has been discussed and not one that I have seen mentioned on any boards......stay tuned

Word around Dixon Sr.'s close freinds is that he and wife Sid are looking to move back to here to the San Fernando Valley. He's even been offered a job working here at Valley Head Service.

Don't know if that has anything to do with Juniors plans though.

Hey Alan Reinhart, Who did you have dinner with last light so we can find out whats going on with Dixon?:)

What I would like to know is why did Dixon get replaced.

Alan, this is a question that I'm sure we'll probably never know the answer to unless AJ or LD care to divulge. Contrary to Wayne's guess, my guess is that it has nothing to do with money.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back