The Latest Rumor (1 Viewer)

So the best/truest information comes from the source? Does statements like "I am not a crook" or "I didn't have sex with that woman" ring a bell?

Ask a kid if he/she made the mess they are standing in the middle of and they will outright deny they had anything to do with it.

ML had a podcast with JK and you could tell from the beginning that he was not allowed to reveal anything.

Look at the players and what has been made public so far and you can put some of the "correct" pieces of these puzzles together.

People at Kalitta's knew in September that Del would be tuning Alexis's car.

As early as August new cars were being built at another organization for the MLR team, then sometime in September there was a quick move to what is taking place now.

There was a big push by racers to expand the allowable number of cars per team up to the US Nationals, then it just went away.

SL didn't take money to the AJ team, he took a new owner. FL wants to own/control the things he is involved with.

The KB decision was made much earlier than the end of the season. KB could see that you needed a multi car team to compete and he didn't want to own one.

AJ doesn't want to own a team because he makes much more money running a team. And he had a hand in tuning both cars last year and will have the final say for all 4 cars this year. MLR's crew chiefs are a direct link for AJ.

Now there is no one source for any of this, so no names can be named. Some of it comes from reviewing the history of the players, their tendencies, and tidbits from here and there.

PS - I am betting that PJ's deal doesn't go through.

Since this was bounced back to the top I read it again and just want to try to clear up one thing.

This started about a rumor regarding Al-Anabi, MLR, Brandon and Larry. I was not trying to say "Hey look at me I am hanging with the cool kids!" I was simply stating that I had spoken to all the players personally and that's where I got my information. I wasn't quoting "anonymous sources."

If the rumor was that PJ is going to be in a Funny Car next year, wouldn't you want to hear from PJ? I would.

Alan
I was hoping I would get a chance to hang out with you at Forces car show but I was out of town that week doing a gig for Del. Keep up the good work Alan and I hope see you in Feb.:)

Last edited:
For the weeks that this thread has been going it’s been interesting to read.

Alan was trying to do the right thing, I believe, with his original post, because he knew the rumors were actually causing some problems.

The whole al-Anabi rigs-without-lettering rumor is a perfect example of how these things can and sometimes do get out of hand.

We need to get real about this and similar sites. It’s not as if there are thousands of people on this board. I think it’s a few hundred at best, so what’s posted here, or what we talk about here isn’t really impacting a huge audience. Certainly rumors can hurt, but to suggest someone might lose a sponsor by something posted here is to suggest that the potential sponsor is so thin-skinned as to be paranoid to the max.

I’m not going to “prove” this in any way, but I do know for a fact that a “name” competitor who enjoyed a very long term relationship with a major sponsor often regaled me with stories of the hate mail the sponsor received after every single race. They weren’t fact-based attacks, but merely personal opinions being offered as facts. The sponsor wisely ignored them.

I know of other instances where fans absolutely made up stories about racers that they would then forward to the sponsor in the hopes that the sponsor would try to smooth things over with a free T-shirt. I know that’s happened because I’ve read a lot of those letters. They’re pathetic, with their intent being obvious from the first paragraph. Some have actually said things like, “If I had a So-And-So T-shirt I wouldn’t tell this to anyone else.” Pathetic.

Personally, I believe Virgil Hartman is incorrect in what he wrote about Bernstein’s retirement decision, but it’s his opinion and he’s certainly entitled to it.

Regarding his “big push by racers to expand the allowable number of cars per team up to the US Nationals, then it just went away,” is patently false. The push was coming from one individual, and one only. His proposal was soundly rejected by the PRO board of directors by a vote of 11 to 1. Even one of his own drivers voted against the concept. Two days later both resigned from the PRO board.

Regarding the statement that AJ doesn’t want to own a team, unless everything I’ve been told directly by the principals is untrue, AJ owns every stick of furniture, every connecting rod, every truck, every car, everything. He is not working for the Sheik. The Sheik is sponsoring the cars, but is not the team owner.

By the way, the guy who said I should stick to photography really got me. And to think I’ve been trying to become a published writer for the last 46 years!

I’ve been kind of surprised at the way Alan was attacked for his post when, in point of fact, his posts have often been among the most cogent ever seen on this board. Although many people perceive some major problem area between Alan and myself, it doesn’t appear to exist in the real world. Alan has sometimes objected to the things I’ve written about NHRA, but those objections were never from the company perspective, but from his perspective alone, and he had every right to object if he felt so inclined.

Alan not only does a credible job announcing for NHRA, he, like Bob Frey, seriously researches before he starts talking. We should respect that and his professionalism.

But hey, have you heard the one about Pat Minick AND Gary Dyer AND Ed Rachanski all coming out of retirement to run brand new versions of their 60s Chicagoland Funny Cars on the complete Full Throttle series trail this coming season? They’re determined to prove to today’s young punks that they still have what it takes.

And you heard here on Nitromater first!

Jon Asher
Senior Editor
CompetitionPlus.com

Asher-

I only said what you do best........not that you have done nothing else...........just an opinion from one of thousands in the stands at the night under fire this year applauding you

But hey, have you heard the one about Pat Minick AND Gary Dyer AND Ed Rachanski all coming out of retirement to run brand new versions of their 60s Chicagoland Funny Cars on the complete Full Throttle series trail this coming season? They’re determined to prove to today’s young punks that they still have what it takes.

And you heard here on Nitromater first!

Jon Asher
Senior Editor
CompetitionPlus.com[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny right there.

Thanks Jon, your writing is always something I have enjoyed ever since I was a YOUNG boy.

Michael, wasn't offended. I was just messin' with ya!

But hey, did you guys see the post from Wayne Minick. That absolutely, positively must mean that my part about the old Chicago F/C guys racing this coming season is true! Would Wayne Minick lie to us?

I think not!

But hey, did you guys see the post from Wayne Minick. That absolutely, positively must mean that my part about the old Chicago F/C guys racing this coming season is true! Would Wayne Minick lie to us?

I think not!

Did you have dinner with him last night? Well then... Nuff said! :D

Michael, wasn't offended. I was just messin' with ya!

I think not!

And I heard they will be testing at US 30 in early 2012:p

No, I didn’t have dinner with Wayne last night, but I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

You can’t blame those guys for testing at U.S. 30. It’s a helluva facility. I’m not at all surprised by the announcement that NHRA is putting a Full Throttle series race in there in… It’s July, isn’t it?

What a place. The tower. The VIP suites. The padded, reclining seats. The ability to order a drink and a dog right from your seat. The extra-long shutoff. The fully paved pits. That outstanding lighting. The direct access from the Interstates. Puts Las Vegas and those other tracks to shame, doesn’t it?

No, I didn’t have dinner with Wayne last night, but I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

You can’t blame those guys for testing at U.S. 30. It’s a helluva facility. I’m not at all surprised by the announcement that NHRA is putting a Full Throttle series race in there in… It’s July, isn’t it?

What a place. The tower. The VIP suites. The padded, reclining seats. The ability to order a drink and a dog right from your seat. The extra-long shutoff. The fully paved pits. That outstanding lighting. The direct access from the Interstates. Puts Las Vegas and those other tracks to shame, doesn’t it?
Don't forget the gambling section where everyone is packing!

Keith:

Anyone who spent any time at US 30 during the 60s probably heard as much gunfire coming from the grandstands as I did.

What a place!

Jon Asher

I'm not sure, he's not taking my calls................

Alan

I did too....you were screening your calls....your voicemail said I was number 3278 and to please hold.....my cell phone minutes will be sky high sitting on hold this long lol

Holy Cow, I didn't visit the site for a few days and now I learn I have a possible funny car ride.

I wouldn't belive anything PJ said though(you know how bad those moderators are) but since Alan said it I'm in....and Virgil you could ensure that it doesn't fall through :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back