Is the clock ticking for Rob Flynn?? (1 Viewer)

Originally Posted by Charles French
Joe what makes you think Rob Flynn has hit a funk? Their 5th in points right now going into the countdown and last I checked Flynn was a pretty darned good crew chief out here. Unless you've been sitting in the K.B. facility on South Point circle on Monday morning with Kenny complaining about robs performance over a cigar I would probably have to say your a little bit off.

I never did per say, just responding to the subject at hand which when I jumped in was Job security for crew chiefs. Not associating any of that with Rob Flynn in preticular! KB has let a lot of crew chiefs go over the years.

Truth of the matter is they did have 3 first round losses in a row and could rightfully be considered "in a funk". Too early to file the report though, they are in and could still win the championship. :)

In a nornal season like a few short years ago, you may be right, but not now.
Money availability is short, if not totally gone. And you know this because ??? Do you not think that a professional race team owner would budget for the whole season ??? The sport is in flux with this necessary joke of a race track at 1,000'. Unfortunatly, this 1000' barrier looks like it's here to stay because it's the best option. The SPORT does not all race to 1000' - You are very narrow minded if you think the SPORT stops with the Pro Classes or NHRA for that matter. The future is not bright at all, in fact, it worries me that this particular sport may be in for an extremely rough ride over the next few years. It's also very possible this sport has hit the apex without any real chance to reclaim the interest it once had.
Look how the COT is killing Nascar. The COT isn't killing NASCAR the lack of sponsors is. A small engine fueler wil surly KILL the NHRA. Just like rear engine top fuelers :rolleyes:......

If there was a time when a winning streak was needed to help Kenny, it's now.

And for what its worth not everyone on here jumped on you about the Knoll posts but don't let that stop you from breaking your arm patting yourself on the back...

TK

Well brandon is 5th in first round of Indy qualifying. A very good start I'm sure rob has been following this thread and has stepped things up.;):D

Maybe Rob should quit. BB is only qualified 11th and almost .06 behind the #1 qualifier after three very consistant runs. He is only managing the team well enough that his owner was able to sign a new major sponsor live at the event.

Wait a minute, I thought it was impossible to get new major sponsorships (and the money KB demands is major) if your team hasn't won in over 2 years?

George needs to come on here to enlighten me again so that I don't "embellish" anything.

Maybe Rob should quit. BB is only qualified 11th and almost .06 behind the #1 qualifier after three very consistant runs. He is only managing the team well enough that his owner was able to sign a new major sponsor live at the event.

Wait a minute, I thought it was impossible to get new major sponsorships (and the money KB demands is major) if your team hasn't won in over 2 years?

George needs to come on here to enlighten me again so that I don't "embellish" anything.

Virgil,
Being that I gave you the benefit of the doubt because you were a former owner, I'm really disappointed in the way you handle yourself. I guess I expected deeper thinking and analyzation from someone like yourself, instead of a shallow perspective and an insult or two.. My mistake for forgetting the lessons learned from Evan.
You fit right in with the rest of the fans thinking and comprehension here. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that you are now one of them.

I now suppose you will be heading over to the "Snake" thread and bash the anti-tobacco people for trying to help irradicate lung and mouth cancer so you can add another Top Fueler to the track..:rolleyes:
It's very telling how people on this site like to fight because they can't consider another opinion. We know what that's called, don't we Virgil?
I guess I'll just become a bystander because this crap really isn't my style.

Flame away people...

Last edited:
I thought I would jump on here and apologize for posting too early. Before Rob could quit or Kenny could fire him, he tuned the new combination up to the number 3 qualifying position only a couple of thousands behind the #1 time.

For the record, I do not, nor ever have used tobacco products. Or does any of my living family. And I have never had nor entertained having a tobacco or alcoholic beverage company as a sponsor for any of our teams. But Evan Knoll did sponsor our team for a while and I can say I never had a problem with the man or his company. Only expressing my opinion here and it seems your assumptions are off base again.

I only judge people, and companies, by their interactions with me and mine. What they do elsewhere and with others is their business. I freely decide whether I want to be involved with them based on the knowledge I have about them, their actions and their products.

George, you never cease to amaze us all. Just when we all think you couldn't sink deeper of be farther off base, you go and prove us all wrong.

Virgil's response should suffice given his position past, present and future but you give no credence to his professionalism, understanding of this sport or intimate relationship with sponsorships.

What was it you bring to this subject besides an uninformed position again? I've forgotten.

George, you never cease to amaze us all. Just when we all think you couldn't sink deeper of be farther off base, you go and prove us all wrong.

Virgil's response should suffice given his position past, present and future but you give no credence to his professionalism, understanding of this sport or intimate relationship with sponsorships.

What was it you bring to this subject besides an uninformed position again? I've forgotten.

Of all people to comment.......
Bobby please, you have proven profoundly over and over again that you are no judge of character.

Are you still thanking Evan these days for his contributions to racing?:rolleyes:
Every time I need a laugh, I think of your succession of posts defending Knoll and punking me for spelling it out before it was spelled out to you officially..
Thanks for the morning chuckle...

Last edited:
I thought I would jump on here and apologize for posting too early. Before Rob could quit or Kenny could fire him, he tuned the new combination up to the number 3 qualifying position only a couple of thousands behind the #1 time.

For the record, I do not, nor ever have used tobacco products. Or does any of my living family. And I have never had nor entertained having a tobacco or alcoholic beverage company as a sponsor for any of our teams. But Evan Knoll did sponsor our team for a while and I can say I never had a problem with the man or his company. Only expressing my opinion here and it seems your assumptions are off base again.

I only judge people, and companies, by their interactions with me and mine. What they do elsewhere and with others is their business. I freely decide whether I want to be involved with them based on the knowledge I have about them, their actions and their products.

And for the record, when I said "you", would put another fueler on the track, I was refering to the mindset of this forum, not Virgil Hartman directly.
My apologies for that.

Last edited:
George - when you use my name at the beginning and end of a paragraph, I can only deduce that the "you"s in between refer directly to me.

I like and respect Rob and feel he has done and is doing a fine job at KB's. I labeled statements "dumb" when the talent level of crew chiefs hired by the Lucas' team was questioned, when Rob's abilities were questioned, when Morgan was referred to as being "born with a silver spoon" (please research the time line of the Lucas fortunes and you will see Morgan was born and involved in the process and deserves the benefits, just like his parents), and others that were based upon pure assumptions without thought or merit.

And I hope BB loses first round, as the car in the other lane is tuned by my son Richard. And if BB does lose first round, I will still support Rob and the crew.

George - when you use my name at the beginning and end of a paragraph, I can only deduce that the "you"s in between refer directly to me.

I like and respect Rob and feel he has done and is doing a fine job at KB's. I labeled statements "dumb" when the talent level of crew chiefs hired by the Lucas' team was questioned, when Rob's abilities were questioned, when Morgan was referred to as being "born with a silver spoon" (please research the time line of the Lucas fortunes and you will see Morgan was born and involved in the process and deserves the benefits, just like his parents), and others that were based upon pure assumptions without thought or merit.

And I hope BB loses first round, as the car in the other lane is tuned by my son Richard. And if BB does lose first round, I will still support Rob and the crew.

Sorry, but I stand by what I say.
I give Morgan all the benefit of the doubt in the world.
I got to tell you, and you probably already know, there are some of lifes lessons that can only be learned through struggles, and I don't mean on the race track. Success is not a fault, although sometimes it can be with some people. It is only natural for an older person who has struggled to have a harder time working for someone younger who hasn't. It's an observation, and not directly pointed at Morgan. I can only admire and respect the man Forrest Lucas is, and where he came from. Mr. Lucas is a businessmans ultimate blueprint. So in turn, I would bet that he and his wife have raised one hell of a great kid.

Kenny's crew, I believe I said that KB will do the right thing. It is an opinion that I am putting fourth, and I have that right. I never said I was right or wrong...

As far as the "you" thing, I was a little surprised after reading the "Snake" thread. Not surprised at the incomperable ignorance level of some of the members here, but surprised at some of the targets in that thread were groups who are trying to save lives and help kids to not make the smoking mistake... I should have written it a little more clearer than I did, and for that I said I apologize..
I don't place any blame on Snakes deal because he was within his right and within the law. I do have a problem with some of the utter ignorance some people have, and the twisted thinking they have when it comes to making our kids aware of the dangers of tobacco products.. That's "OK" in their world, but not in mine..
Good luck to your son.

Well---- Rob had a pretty good indy. Good qualifying and pretty good race day. And we will see where this thread goes when we get to the first race of the countdown. The eight days since this thread has started have changed thing quite alot. Indy has helped, not hurt Things looking up for the team with a new sponsor and some upward energy from a semi finish.

Well---- Rob had a pretty good indy. Good qualifying and pretty good race day. And we will see where this thread goes when we get to the first race of the countdown. The eight days since this thread has started have changed thing quite alot. Indy has helped, not hurt Things looking up for the team with a new sponsor and some upward energy from a semi finish.

Here we are with the first race of the countdown, and the car made 4 consistent qualifying runs and ended up 4th only .009 out of 1st. Should have a good Sunday.

Boy, if Obama thinks people are pi**ed over healthcare, just let the price of beer go up and they will really be hot.:D

A lack of competition doesn't drive down prices-it drives them up-please read an economics book. What happens to the price of a prescription drug when a generic brand becomes available?.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back