Is the clock ticking for Rob Flynn?? (1 Viewer)

I was NITRO BREATH

Nitro Member
If Massey, Lucas and Langdon have a good or great Indy they can put Brandon back to # 7 or 8 in the points. How long is KB gonna keep going out in the first round before he pulls the plug??? With Bud leaving and the team looking for sponsorship it must be getting a little tense in the Bud camp. And if KB reaches out, who's it gonna be. I thought it might be Dickie but I guess AJ beat him to the punch.
[Question-- Are Tim And Kim getting tired of standing on line for the early bird special at Chucky Cheese ];);)

I agree that the tension level in the Bernstein camp is probably on the rise. The fact that Budweiser is leaving after all these years is bad enough, but couple it with the fact that they haven't demonstrated any level of consistency in terms of good performance, and I have to believe that makes the search for a replacement sponsor even tougher. We know the driver is safe... I guess that means Rob might be available soon. Personally, I'd rather see them turn it around and do really well to close out the season.

I probably would have booted Flynn long ago.
Not to try and be a hard@ss, but business is business. If you confuse friendship with results, you will soon be out.
If my car isn't flying, ESPECIALLY as a lame duck, it isn't attracting attention. If it isn't attracting attention, you might as well go home and save your money.
Bernstein's car is not flying.

Last edited:
5th in points, 11 points behind Cory Mac... locked into the post season... don't think Rob suddenly got stupid, but I do think the car runs better in cool temps. Could be that they've been testing once it was almost a given that they will be in the post season...

Think this is a non-issue

d'kid

5th in points, 11 points behind Cory Mac... locked into the post season... don't think Rob suddenly got stupid, but I do think the car runs better in cool temps. Could be that they've been testing once it was almost a given that they will be in the post season...

d'kid

Agree. Bottom line is 5th in the points, which has to demonstrate some consistency. Sure they are not throwing down wicked ETs like some of the top guns in the class, but given some good conditions you know the Budweiser car will get down the track. Nothing to worry about for Rob imo

d'kid

all true...But I would be watching my behind real closely if I was KB. As I said -a good indy for the 3 cars behind him [who are really hitting their stride ]could be real bad for the moribund Bud car. Also,[ and granted this is speculation] no way they would be in 5th place if we had a few more strong cars in the fields this year.

Could be KB has nothing for next year and is just finishing the Bud deal and going home.
I remember back when he left the track (Baton Rouge I believe), went to St Louis for the Bud pitch and returned to La. for the race.
Brought the first BIG deal to the sport.

Could be KB has nothing for next year and is just finishing the Bud deal and going home.
I remember back when he left the track (Baton Rouge I believe), went to St Louis for the Bud pitch and returned to La. for the race.
Brought the first BIG deal to the sport.

Don't want to think about that possibility. No Bernstein in drag racing would be a big nail in the coffin:(

Kenny lets his people do their jobs and I think alot of you are reading into this too much.

When the Monster F/C struggled Kenny turned to Mike Kloeber---and I am sure Kenny is well aware Mike is ready to turn the knobs for him or any top caliber team..

I heard it on good authority that Monster left because the car couldn't race on Sunday! Winning does miracles when it come to retaining sponsors, as for Budweiser and Bernstein I bet if they were doing better it would make the 2010 sponsor hunt a lot easier!

I heard it on good authority that Monster left because the car couldn't race on Sunday! Winning does miracles when it come to retaining sponsors, as for Budweiser and Bernstein I bet if they were doing better it would make the 2010 sponsor hunt a lot easier!

Don't think the NHRA would allow a competitor to Full Throttle as the primary on a car anyways....:rolleyes:

Hmm, Rob Flynn, let's see, David Power's, Rod Fuller, contending for #1 and would have had it if it weren't for the count down.

So, why is this a topic on here? Many things go into a team for success and demise. To point the finger at one is not necessarily the correct approach IMHO.

Hmm, Rob Flynn, let's see, David Power's, Rod Fuller, contending for #1 and would have had it if it weren't for the count down.

So, why is this a topic on here? Many things go into a team for success and demise. To point the finger at one is not necessarily the correct approach IMHO.

What have you done for me lately?
The streets are littered with past championship owners, drivers and crew chiefs. Only the ones who keep winning are still working.. This has nothing to do with Flynn, he may still pack a punch, but it better show up fast..

As unfair as it may be, If I were in an owners position, I personally could care less what a guy did a couple of years ago. Just what did he do for me this past month...
Why?
Because this is usually how a sponsor views it..

Last edited:
Like what was said earlier, Rob Flynn didn't become stupid or "forget" to tune a fuel car. He'll get it turned around.

What have you done for me lately?
The streets are littered with past championship owners, drivers and crew chiefs. Only the ones who keep winning are still working.. This has nothing to do with Flynn, he may still pack a punch, but it better show up fast..

As unfair as it may be, If I were in an owners position, I personally could care less what a guy did a couple of years ago. Just what did he do for me this past month...
Why?
Because this is usually how a sponsor views it..

I dare you to step into his shoes and do what he has done and then play the F'ng politically game that he plays where everyone knows better

Don't want to think about that possibility. No Bernstein in drag racing would be a big nail in the coffin:(

KB is like Casper the friendly Ghost.. you never see him at the track... at least you can get to chat with JF, his daughter, and most other Pros.. when was the last time you saw KB talking to any of us "nobody's" who pay $200 to got to a 3 Day race...

KB locks himself in his trailer, and thats it...However if you try to talk to most other Pro drivers on a Fri. you will have no trouble... JMO

"I am not a K B R fan but.....
Did the Bud car win a race last year?
No but he has made it to four finals and three semi finals. Looks like the western swing killed the team ??

KB is like Casper the friendly Ghost.. you never see him at the track... at least you can get to chat with JF, his daughter, and most other Pros.. when was the last time you saw KB talking to any of us "nobody's" who pay $200 to got to a 3 Day race...

KB locks himself in his trailer, and thats it...However if you try to talk to most other Pro drivers on a Fri. you will have no trouble... JMO
My opinion of him was made when I saw two huge Bud fans begging him to come sign some there Bud stuff (no nascar stuff) decked out in Bud gear and he blew them off and went into the trailer.
These were good friends of mine and she worked for a A.B.distributor and their opinion of him changed that day as well.

I dare you to step into his shoes and do what he has done and then play the F'ng politically game that he plays where everyone knows better

Totally valid points... this is not a knock on Rob or his abilities or for that matter any other talented crew chief- or is it?? because as one of the other posts just said --- if you are not winning enough [whatever enough is] you will be out. It's a brutal system and it eats good and even great crew chiefs. The whole thing is kinda like a Joseph Conrad story, where men venture out into the viscious uncaring ocean for the love of it even though they know it could swallow them up at any moment

I probably would have booted Flynn long ago.
Not to try and be a hard@ss, but business is business. If you confuse friendship with results, you will soon be out.
If my car isn't flying, ESPECIALLY as a lame duck, it isn't attracting attention. If it isn't attracting attention, you might as well go home and save your money.
Bernstein's car is not flying.

Didn't Forest Lucas try these tactics? It sure as hell didn't work for him. Now that he has kept the same guy for a while(Walsh) Things are starting to happen for them. I believe nitro tuning is not near as easy as many here happen to believe.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back