To the Rumor Mongers (1 Viewer)

Ma Green

Nitro Member
All of you who have been spreading rumors in the past few weeks should read Tony Schumacher's item on competitionplus.com. He addresses all the latest rumors going around and then talks about the damage those rumors can do. The one things he doesn't address is the stress some of the rumors put on the hard working crew members of various teams.

Many times, the next step for a team can't be revealed until something else happens, i.e. contract signed, etc. Then here comes the rumors that the whole deal is going away or who knows what. Many of those crew members have families to feed, many own homes near the race shop. Now, they are left to try and do their jobs, while wondering if they have a job next month.

Like Tony said, until each team announces their own plans, stop the rumors and keep your mouth shut. The changes for 2012 will be revealed in due time.

Off my soapbox!

Eh.. That's what message boards are for.

If you are looking for 100% fact, go to NHRA.com

Anywhere else, surf at your own risk.

Just my opinion.

I only believe half what I read, and half of that is usually not true. :D

were all here to have fun who cares who signs what deal or who goes where its always fun to speculate and in this hobby sure people have mouths to feed but $hit happends live every day like its your last you never know when your time is up look as morgan lucas his what 5 crew chiefs he had this year they all had mouths to feed to but in a matter of 3-4 races they got let go thats racing for you let us have our fun with speculations theres a reason we call it silly season if you or anyone else truely has a problem with speculation or rumours i suggest you crawl under a rock or quit reading what is posted because every where you go there will always be a rumour out there whether it be truth or b.s is for you to decide

Tonys just worried the next rumor will be he is gonna be replaced since he didnt win a race this year... Oops did I start another one? :):)

He didn't dispel anything, other than his own rumored 'retirement'. I agree; let's wait for the ones in the know to speak. I'm not surprised at the talk, however...this is an annual occurrence.

90% of the time, it's not "spreading rumors", it's "sharing information".

Yes, the other 10% is just pure speculation and should be kept in check.

All of you who have been spreading rumors in the past few weeks should read Tony Schumacher's item on competitionplus.com. He addresses all the latest rumors going around and then talks about the damage those rumors can do. The one things he doesn't address is the stress some of the rumors put on the hard working crew members of various teams.

Many times, the next step for a team can't be revealed until something else happens, i.e. contract signed, etc. Then here comes the rumors that the whole deal is going away or who knows what. Many of those crew members have families to feed, many own homes near the race shop. Now, they are left to try and do their jobs, while wondering if they have a job next month.

Like Tony said, until each team announces their own plans, stop the rumors and keep your mouth shut. The changes for 2012 will be revealed in due time.

Off my soapbox!

With all due respect Ma it's no different than everybody who works for a living!
Most people don't have the complacency of thinking their job is secure by any stretch. I do fell for people who have to deal with the rumors and their impact on the people involved but that is a part of the life we now live in

Obviously, I didn't get my point across very well. It's not the various speculators here that irk me, but a couple of supposed end-all, cure-all, know-it-alls who persist in putting items on certain websites spouting 'their sources' told them. They are almost always wrong and do nothing but start a storm of other rumors and speculation that, most of the time, gets totally out of control.

And they say women are gossips!!

I read that piece and I never heard any rumors concerning Schumacher/Brown! everything I have heard recently has to do with the Al-Anabi gang!

Come on.... You must have entirely way too much time on your hands if you're posting paragraphs regarding the end of discussing rumors on a general message board. It's a message board full of people shooting crap out of the mouth and BSing about the hobby they love. I am sure Shoe and the others aren't too concerned with the posts on mater! Move on...

couple of supposed end-all, cure-all, know-it-alls who persist in putting items on certain websites spouting 'their sources' told them. They are almost always wrong and do nothing but start a storm of other rumors and speculation that, most of the time, gets totally out of control.

Ma...come on, we've talked before and we both know that you can't fix stupid....;)

were all here to have fun who cares who signs what deal or who goes where its always fun to speculate and in this hobby sure people have mouths to feed but $hit happends live every day like its your last you never know when your time is up look as morgan lucas his what 5 crew chiefs he had this year they all had mouths to feed to but in a matter of 3-4 races they got let go thats racing for you let us have our fun with speculations theres a reason we call it silly season if you or anyone else truely has a problem with speculation or rumours i suggest you crawl under a rock or quit reading what is posted because every where you go there will always be a rumour out there whether it be truth or b.s is for you to decide

I agree....This happens in all sports and I am not sure why people suggest that others need to shut their mouth when it involves NHRA Professional Drag Racing...

Come on.... You must have entirely way too much time on your hands if you're posting paragraphs regarding the end of discussing rumors on a general message board. It's a message board full of people shooting crap out of the mouth and BSing about the hobby they love. I am sure Shoe and the others aren't too concerned with the posts on mater! Move on...
That pretty much sums it up.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

Obviously, I didn't get my point across very well. It's not the various speculators here that irk me, but a couple of supposed end-all, cure-all, know-it-alls who persist in putting items on certain websites spouting 'their sources' told them. They are almost always wrong and do nothing but start a storm of other rumors and speculation that, most of the time, gets totally out of control.

And they say women are gossips!!

If it's just a couple know-it-alls on certain websites, address them. Most here know who you mean, and know how to perceive what is said by them.

But since you decided to call them out, why not name them so everyone knows who you're referring to?

Ridiculous. They've been doing this forever. Even NHRA used to post rumors on the first page or two of ND.

Actually, I think to the contrary, there is something to be said for "there's no such thing as bad publicity". If it weren't for the silly season rumors, NHRA would be completely forgotten for several months a year.

The internet is arguably the best thing that's happened to many "niche" sports. It provides a free and easy way for fans to find each other, and to rekindle their interest in the sport when there is no official news, and when others who share their interest may be far away or hard to find. There have been "hot stove leagues" for every sport, forever. The internet just makes them bigger.

I'm not sure that even In-and-Out who got "slammed" for moving on from Melanie would be disappointed by the fact that people are still talking about their products, that people are using phrases like "double-double, animal" in a public forum. Can't be bad that a guy from Seattle, hundreds of miles from the nearest In-and-Out knows what that means, and merely typing it here makes him want one...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back