Who drained the pool???? (1 Viewer)

"Dr. Dirt"

Nitro Member
With all the discussions about teams taking the plunge for their potential champion I seemed to miss it all from my vantage point in Pomona?
Rumors of non-contending team members getting wet and even rumors of additional cars being brought in to block for their own seemed to get lost in the competition?
It looks like we'll have to wait for next year to speculate about champions being handed their title by premeditated misfortune by their own in opposing lanes? Maybe we'll be hearing more about this topic come next year's end when those who have nothing whatsoever to win or lose gladly get wet to take 'em for the Gipper? Time will tell?

I don`t know what to say about your post Doc, but...Geeze, these Pomona Finals were so unreal, every round was so important, and every round had such great points implications. I definitely didn`t see any laydowns, and I can honestly say that the Finals`06 was the most exciting event I`ve ever witnessed. BTW, the wife says hi, and she was to glad to see you again on Saturday morning!

With all the discussions about teams taking the plunge for their potential champion I seemed to miss it all from my vantage point in Pomona?
Rumors of non-contending team members getting wet and even rumors of additional cars being brought in to block for their own seemed to get lost in the competition?
It looks like we'll have to wait for next year to speculate about champions being handed their title by premeditated misfortune by their own in opposing lanes? Maybe we'll be hearing more about this topic come next year's end when those who have nothing whatsoever to win or lose gladly get wet to take 'em for the Gipper? Time will tell?

Caveat: the following is for entertainment only.

Ok, let's stir the pot, just for laughs. Melenie ran her slowest run of eliminations in the final(4.58 - 308). Her mph was down considerably, yet Conditions were ideal for the run. Hmmmm

Conversely, her RT was better than Tony's and there was no smoke. If TS had any problems whatsoever, he would have lost. (No biggie because w/o a win and the NR, he would have lost the championship anyway)

So did she give the boss a pass in any respect? The way it worked out, the only way she could have hurt him was to beat him while he set a NR. Was that a possibility, I don't think so.

Ok, let's stir the pot, just for laughs. Melenie ran her slowest run of eliminations in the final(4.58 - 308). Her mph was down considerably, yet Conditions were ideal for the run. Hmmmm

Conversely, her RT was better than Tony's and there was no smoke. If TS had any problems whatsoever, he would have lost. (No biggie because w/o a win and the NR, he would have lost the championship anyway)

So did she give the boss a pass in any respect? The way it worked out, the only way she could have hurt him was to beat him while he set a NR. Was that a possibility, I don't think so.

She even said she kicked the rods out on that run....come on:p

There weren't really any teammate matchups that could have had any championship implications throughout any of the classes, except for the TF final...............................

Funny... when I mentioned all this in the Team Orders thread just before the final round, it was met by a bunch of neysayers :confused: :rolleyes:

There was only 1 car that was capable of laying down a 4.42 @ Pomona and they did it! Kind of hard to take a dive for a teammate when you know you can't run with them.

Jared... I think you forgot to mention Dougie re: the cars that could have knocked out a .42.. And with conditions being "Pomona perfect", the number could have been hit by 3 or 4 other teams had they made it to the finals and the NitroGods were smiling on their tuneups. That includes Mel and the boys- they don't tune a slouch....

I think that we're speculating- some a bit more than others- about how having team cars in the same class can be advantagious in a pressure situation, especially when the capabilities of awesome performance extends beyond one car..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back