To set the record straight (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheila

Nitro Member
Considering the fact I've sat back for over two years and read all sorts of opinions and rumors, none of which had any merit or even remotely came close to the truth, I've decided to post a small portion of what I personally know to be the truth and nothing but the truth. I can stand on the following with my hand on my Bible:

On her birthday back in 2006, Shirley came to me with something I held in confidence at her request. Even back then, she was certain she was right about a gut feeling she had and even I, one of her best friends...someone that worked alongside of her for years, someone she really trusted, couldn't convince her she wasn't being "Bamboozeled, used, taken advantage of." She wouldn't buy it. She was really pissed.
"Bamboozeled" is a nicer way of saying "being cheated on by her husband."

A few weeks later, Shirley was having a pretty painful time recovering from yet another knee replacement surgery... all of which was due to the violent crash she luckily survived back in 1984 at Montreal. (the real cause of that crash is yet another interesting story...one that I personally hope she will someday decide to reveal to the public.)

Tobler's bad behavior didn't end there. With no regard for Shirley whatsoever, Tobler decided it would be cool to openly flaunt his on-going fling with the "Groupie" and at the same time, he continued to lose his slight grip on the World Championship points lead. That points position was the result of Doug Kalitta's ability to drive out of tire smoke week after week. Anyone that knows the real story knows there's absolutely no doubt that if not for Tobler's lack of paying attention to his job instead of the pit Hostess, Doug could have probably achieved his goal of a World Championship. Therefore, Schumacher's awesome pass in the final would not have made any difference.

After speaking with Shirley tonight, she assured me that for obvious reasons, Cruz is not a car she roots for. But she has never had any problem with Cruz or any of the Pedregon brothers. She did add that she strongly believes that most of the tuneup credit for Cruz's performance this season, should in all fairness go to her past Co-Crew Chief, Seattle-based Dana Kimmel, who spent endless hours on the phone tutoring Tobler. And also, keep in mind, when Tobler originally went over to Kalitta Motorsports, he stepped right into Jim Oberhofer's proven 4.40 tuneup, and did nothing but go downhill from there.

Shirley also believes wholeheartedly that her NHRA career was cut short due to the fact that Tobler stubbornly refused to take on the new NHRA rule changes back in 1991. Unfortunately that decision ultimately forced her on to the match-race tour only. She in fact lost 10 years and the opportunity to enjoy any and all of the perks that are available to the racers today.

Sheila Kopchick

Last edited:
Not sure this is really a good idea to air either of their dirty laundry here, especially if you are as inside as you say

Quite frankly, and no offense to anyone but, who cares about anything about what was written above? Ok, she doesnt have anything against the Pedregons. Thats probably all that should have been said because the rest of that crap is gonna start a firestorm.

Wow!

I've heard the rumors but considered them "none of my business".

Where is my popcorn?

Last edited:
Alway's been i Shirleys corner, for what that's worth, but after the above I really wonder If her "take no prisoner" attitude and tell it like it is, wether herself or those close to her have hurt her more than anything? Granted I don't condone Tobler's cheating around, but her saying the cause of the accident in Sanair, like it was someone's fault, will be released in the future, Rahn caused the Kallita's to loose in 2006 and giving credit to another Person for her success the few past years carries with it the weight of sour grapes big time.

Wow!

Where is my popcorn?

Here you go bro...

3008_detail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back