Shirley interview (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I have been quite critical of the interviews with Shirley for the last couple of years because of her being so negative. I must say the interview she did on raceday was so refreshing to see her upbeat and positive about the sport. Shirley can be a wonderfull spokesperson for dragracing and she has a great personality when she is upbeat. I really think she could get back into the sport in some manner and have something to offer if she would not be so negative. How about it Shirl??;)

I have been quite critical of the interviews with Shirley for the last couple of years because of her being so negative. I must say the interview she did on raceday was so refreshing to see her upbeat and positive about the sport. Shirley can be a wonderfull spokesperson for dragracing and she has a great personality when she is upbeat. I really think she could get back into the sport in some manner and have something to offer if she would not be so negative. How about it Shirl??;)

She does come firing, and tells it like it is sometimes doesn't she? She has a popular interview on WFO Radio - Hit The Ignition! - which based on your comment, you probably heard. In a way it's good, and it's also sad to see she is bitter too. It's hard to know where to place the feelings on it.

I enjoyed the interview myself and didn't detect a bitter tone during any part of it. Shirley seems compelled to continually remind everyone how good she once was, but that's just her.

I personally think that most, if not all, of any bitterness on her part stems from knowing that most likely her drag racing career has effectively ended. At this stage of her life, no one is likely to hire her as a full-time driver and unless she's able to bag a big sponsor (good luck), she most likely doesn't have the funds to become a team owner, either.

Sad, but that's how life is. Even the superstars eventually fade away. But she'll always be remembered, and that's what Shirley Muldowney needs to concentrate on - memories. Which ain't a bad thing.

Shirley in a nostalgia twin-engined injected A/D (on 45% pop, just for the sound), like the early car... Yeah- they could sell some tickets with that one...;)...

I enjoyed the interview myself and didn't detect a bitter tone during any part of it. Shirley seems compelled to continually remind everyone how good she once was, but that's just her.

I personally think that most, if not all, of any bitterness on her part stems from knowing that most likely her drag racing career has effectively ended. At this stage of her life, no one is likely to hire her as a full-time driver and unless she's able to bag a big sponsor (good luck), she most likely doesn't have the funds to become a team owner, either.

Sad, but that's how life is. Even the superstars eventually fade away. But she'll always be remembered, and that's what Shirley Muldowney needs to concentrate on - memories. Which ain't a bad thing.

What gets me is Shirley far all she has accomplished in her 35+ years in the sport feels like she's not recognized. I still think that Sponsor deal that went South still has her fuming!

I noticed her upbeat spirit as well and found it refreshing. She's had a great career and garnered attention we would have never had if not for her. Like you, I'd grown weery of her critical and negative comments lately. I hope she continues to be positive...it's good for her and good for our sport.

I personally think that most, if not all, of any bitterness on her part stems from knowing that most likely her drag racing career has effectively ended. At this stage of her life, no one is likely to hire her as a full-time driver and unless she's able to bag a big sponsor

But she'll always be remembered, and that's what Shirley Muldowney needs to concentrate on - memories. Which ain't a bad thing.

She doesn't want to concentrate on memories Carl and she's not looking for a job. She's looking for a sponsor with enough money that will allow her to properly run her team. She's ready, willing and able to go.

Geez, ya know, I just had a thought. I know of this car dealer that ought to jump at this opportunity. :D

If any of the big 3 were smart thay would get shirley back at the track john forse keeps thanking ford ford ford would it be nice to see the mopars back and kick some fords right were thay belong like the old days of raceing and we may not see so many mustangs at the track and for gm will lets get the bad ass corvettes back and the camaros back allso and we may not see so many mustakes from ford lol

If any of the big 3 were smart thay would get shirley back at the track john forse keeps thanking ford ford ford would it be nice to see the mopars back and kick some fords right were thay belong like the old days of raceing and we may not see so many mustangs at the track and for gm will lets get the bad ass corvettes back and the camaros back allso and we may not see so many mustakes from ford lol

Did somebody say "smart"? :rolleyes:

This is a joke, right?...ha..ha..he..he...:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back