AAA comes through. Big time. (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
Once in a while you hear a great story about the companies that are strong supporters of the NHRA. And in this case, TEAM Force and So Cal dragstrips, too.

Our friend, Norma, is an elderly lady who was married to a Chrysler nut named Jerry. Jerry fought a long battle with kidney failure among other things and finally died just a few short weeks ago.

I spoke to Norma Sunday at Church about her intentions regarding Jerry's "baby" which was a 1970 Dodge Charger 383 Magnum he bought brand new off the showroom floor in 1969. Jerry left her with all the paperwork as the original owner of the car including the original perfect condition window sticker, owner's manual, awards and even two articles done in magazines on this all original car.

A neighbor came by and offered her $5,000 for "that 'ol car of Jerry's" but she knew there must be something special about the car and declined the offer. I told her Jerry passed the stewardship of his special car on to her and she needs to be very careful about any decisions she makes regarding the future of it.

She proceeded to tell me she already went to AAA to change the title of the car to her name. She said the people in the AAA office took her aside and had the manager come out to speak to her about it. The manager told her the car was not just another old car and, in case she didn't know it, it might be a valuable car. The manager made arrangements to find an appraiser to give her a fair market value of the car because it is a collectable. AAA even gave her a $$ certificate toward paying for the appraisal.

She said so many people have come to her with offers (low offers in her mind) and she wasn't sure what to do or where to start with regard to Jerry's "baby." It was refreshing in her mind to have a big company that they've dealt with for years like AAA look out for her best interests even as a widow, and that she really appreciated what they did for her. The offer from AAA gave her a lot of comfort and direction.

I wanted to pass this story on because I know AAA people read this stuff on this site and to express my appreciation to them for taking Norma aside and offering up to her like they did. Above and beyond the job description in my book.

Thank you, AAA.

Randy Goodwin

Last edited:
Well done AAA. Randy, thanks for sharing this story. It's always great to see some one step up, at a time like this. :)

Thank you, AAA! ...and that neighbor with the $5000 offer is a @#$%*!.:mad:

Thanks for sharing that Randy. You don't often hear refreshing stories like this. I'm so glad that the folks at AAA took the time to help her understand what she might have, so that she can make the best descision possible.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back