The Latest Rumor (1 Viewer)

Steve, you are smart to approach all the rumors the way you do. I agree. The opinion piece I posted on my website, is just that, my opinion after talking to several trusted sources and also adding my two cents.

Everyone here has the right to voice their opinions, make speculation and even just say whatever they want.

Afterall, when you get right down to it, we're all just fans and to us what's going on or not going on during the off season is important to all of us!

If nobody cared what was going on, or rumored to be going on, or reported to be going on the sport wouldn't exist.

Personally, I'm glad so many people care about the sport the same way I do and that's why I have my site and continue to come to the mater and read what people are talking about and joining in on the conversation.

It's what we should do as fans!

Agree completely, The Fans of Every sport will discuss the goings on during a season and During an Off season. and if teams are making big decisions like who they are going to chose as a new Driver or who the are Going to contact. based on what they might read on Forums and Message boards. then that is a rather strange way of going about Business.

i am Typing this From My Computer and i had Dinner with My Family Last Night.

Last edited:
They'll never get passed Brees and the Saints.
That's all I got, carry on.:)

Of course I pick the jets, and that's all I got. If they are finally over their hiccup season they got something. Green Bay can't be stopped for 4 straight quarters, teams have shown to trip them up a quarter or 2 but the train cannot be stopped. Oh yeah, this is a drag race thread sorry. :D

A rumor is what it is. Some people want to take everything they hear or read as the gospel..
Other people, those with a little more sense, will take it with a grain of salt and for what it really is. A rumor.

Alan, who has more inside information than most of us can add his .02 cents and perhaps quanify the rumer as BS. (or not)

Everyone knows that opinions are like a$$holes, we all have one. Right, wrong or indifferent.

It's amazing how quite and absent Alan Reinhart has been since no one agreed or knuckled under to his last post. My guess is he's out to lunch with some name that is supposed to impress someone.

They'll never get passed Brees and the Saints.
That's all I got, carry on.:)

Wrong!!! Totally wrong..Pack will walk them.

Posted typing on my computer, at my desk, while eating a choc chip cookie provided to me by a vendor for xmas....and I had dinner last night with Travis...the bartender at the local pub..

My opinion is Alan R. is deep into the process with some of the major players. He has found it to be very exhausting on the faces and minds of the players involved. Some of whom may be fighting for seat, and others fighting for the financial stability of their future. He felt a little guilty that he has been part of the sharing of ideas on the mater as to who will go where.

And he felt compelled to make a statement about it. Hence, the "I'm taking a break" quote.

Keep in mind our views have really nothing to do with a sponsor or a driver going somewhere in the end. And we have a right to suggest opinion. But Alan is a frequent co-pilot here with us and chose to let off some steam.

No harm no foul. Familiar with his position.

And as always, I could be and have been dead wrong! :D

Last edited:
I'll let you in on my view of commenting on rumors. Steve Cultrera worked on my comp car all year-he is the father of my driver. He is also good friends with Jeg Couglin. When there was the announcement that Jeg's had started a motor program, I could have asked Steve about it and if it meant that Jeggie was coming back. When there were rumors that Jeggie was coming back, I could have asked Steve about it. When there were rumors Jeggie was coming back in a Mopar, I could have asked Steve about it. When Jeggie announced that he was coming back in a Mopar, I asked Steve if he'd known about it-he said yes, he known about it for three months and then he thanked me for not asking him about it when all the rumors were circulating. I think Alan's post was simply one of why don't we just wait and let things play out-the people involved would likely appreciate it.

If all of the Professional drivers and owners will only say "No Comment" to the legit press why would they then spill their collective guts to an online blogger, announcer and online radio personality? :confused:

If all of the Professional drivers and owners will only say "No Comment" to the legit press why would they then spill their collective guts to an online blogger, announcer and online radio personality? :confused:

I don't know let's see...maybe it's because Alan has his fun and all that with it, but he has a reputation of 1. learning facts and 2. keeping his mouth shut to the ones who dont need to know. Unlike DRO who takes what someone echoed, makes it an official story and makes corrections later.

There is some nitro testing going on in Florida over the next couple days. We might just get a couple pieces of the puzzle.

Interesting picture on DRO of the Alan Johnson team at a track in the south. The awnings are still Al Anabi but the trailers are all black except AJR on the sides. Probably just waiting for new wrap for Al Anabi??

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out if it is the same one I saw. AJ and Manzo might be looking for $$ if daddy has his way. I hope it is BS, but where there is smoke there is usually some fire.

Now before anyone gets there feathers ruffled this is only my opinion of what might have happened.

The Al Anabi Sponsorship's are dead. Kinda saw the writing on the wall when the Al Anabi group pulled all there sponsorship money from the sportsman ranks. Now.... Alan facing no money coming in turns to Del and Larry and tells them that if they want to continue to drive they have to bring money to the table. Neither Del or Larry have money to throw at the seats so Del retires and Larry pursues other interests. Now Kahlid Balooshi and Shawn Langdon come into the equation. Both offer money to drive for AJR. So I am betting that this will be who drives for AJR. Kahlid Balooshi just needs to get his TF license now which he might be doing this week in Florida....This is only a dramalization of what might have happened......lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back