The Latest Rumor (3 Viewers)

Luckily Alan's skin is thick...I love him posting here....Monkey business he can't deny lol

Alan, in all due respect, give us a break. The drivers, owners, crew chiefs, crew members, media, sponsors, and the NHRA should be concerned if there WASN'T ANY INTEREST from the fans. If a prospective deal falls apart because of internet speculation or rumor, then I would say that the deal had no legs to begin with. It's human nature to speculate and discuss the behind-the-scenes deals that we the normal fans don't have access to.

I once asked (on another private board) regarding a rumor someone close to me (someone I trust with my life) metioned to me regarding a nostalgia F/C team. I heard a car was being parked, so I asked if what I heard was true. I didn't start it, wasn't encouraging it, just asked if anyone else had heard the same. What I got in return was angry phone calls at home and an internet message claiming I have done so many horrible things against one of the people that is part of the their team....none of which ever happened. I was told just by me asking on the internet, that I could have detroyed some sponsorship deals. REALLY??? Are you kidding me....I'm not a fan of anyone, I just like to discuss racing with people I like. Well, I don't care for people who react that way and could give a crap if their car ever sees the light of day again. And this wasn't even a PRO team....they just wished they were.

I once asked (on another private board) regarding a rumor someone close to me (someone I trust with my life) metioned to me regarding a nostalgia F/C team. I heard a car was being parked, so I asked if what I heard was true. I didn't start it, wasn't encouraging it, just asked if anyone else had heard the same. What I got in return was angry phone calls at home and an internet message claiming I have done so many horrible things against one of the people that is part of the their team....none of which ever happened. I was told just by me asking on the internet, that I could have detroyed some sponsorship deals. REALLY??? Are you kidding me....I'm not a fan of anyone, I just like to discuss racing with people I like. Well, I don't care for people who react that way and could give a crap if their car ever sees the light of day again. And this wasn't even a PRO team....they just wished they were.

It's really pitiful that a board could play any role in derailing a sponsorship, people are morons to take an internet rumor board for anything close to truth. Whoever owns this site must be one hated sob then lol

Whoever owns this site must be one hated sob then lol

Oh like you don't know. Most have hated the sum***** since about 1990 or so maybe earlier.

Myself as well. So bad in fact I bought him a beer once just to show him how much. :p

Hated? He was almost sacrificed once in front of a live audience by one of the members. Almost like Joan of Ark but different. I seen it myself! Hated?...oooh you have no idea. :D

You have to be real careful with the whole rumor thing. One team owner I'm friends with told me, in October, that he was planning to not renew his driver for 2012 because of some off track behavior. He even told me who the replacement would be. Last week I learned that the replacement driver's funding never came through and that the driver with character floors was being kept! Luckily I had kept my mouth shut and never mentioned the October conversation as I too could of been a gossip and rumor monger!

First off I'm nobody so this opinion doesn't matter anyway. Long time reader, never post but here it goes. I have read many of your post and it is the same old thing. You gain all these fans respect by what you do and then open your mouth and lose that respect. I understand sometimes feeling you have to say something sort of like what I'm doing here. You just need to pick your battles. When you don't like what is posted so often you kind of just look like a over opinionated whiner. I have never seen you wearing a Nitromater sheriff badge. I gotta say I think people should stick to what they do best rather than come on a message board and try to change the world. Asher needs to stick to taking pictures, Reinhart needs to stick to anouncing, Force needs to keep running his circus:rolleyes: ect ect. I would guess not many others come here to read the stone cold truth......come on. I'm so sick of people complaining about things they can not change. If you think that you may have an ego issue. Just because you had dinner with so and so or you are sitting at so and so's office desk doesn't mean your opinions of what goes on here matter. The waiter and janitor were there too so I'm waiting for their take on all of this. If things here matter so much then those involved should come on here and tell everyone a lot of this is a rumor and nothing is final. I bet that would put out a lot of the fire. I don't think anyone here believes they are going to mess up someones ride or sponsorship. Most of the big rumors didn't even start here so you have bigger fish to fry.

Quit taking up for everyone else at your own expense. You do this often. You try to set the record straight about someone you know but you are always so bold about it. Maybe your taking up for what you think is best for the NHRA and not always how you feel. I don't know? I see you taking up for Kurt Busch because someone should not have recorded something public and put it on the internet saying something to the effect that it was OK because everyone gets mad because they have passion. Yes everyone gets mad but it is not OK to talk down to someone under any circumstance. That is different! If you stand by and tolerate that you just can't be much of a man. Sometimes attention like yours just add to the drama it doesnt stop it. If you look I have not posted before and I've been here since 2007. You got a non poster to post didn't you! They have whole TV networks dedicated to drama. Some..no.... a lot of people thrive on it. Personally I like my life drama free.......oh no I hope Bill Stephens isnt behind this because I just fell for it. This may take Nitromater to the next level!!! I'm just trying to be funny Mr. Stephens I like you,lol. If anyone even reads this let alone be offended by it just ignore me. If you attack me I probably won't reply because I don't like to post and like I said I don't like drama. I love drag racing.......can't we all just get along:) One last thing.... people need to quit idolizing and ass kissing when they think a "somebody" post on here. Its just not healthly. Its OK to be a fan but don't put people on a pedastal and agree with everything they say. I wish more were like Joe Castello at WFO. He is always so positive, happy and humble. He could read an obituary and it would keep me in a good mood:D

Michael Burke
[email protected]

To you and all the rest of you that don't like what people post on here "too bad". I don't agree with everything Alan or Jon post on here, but I read it, and they have every right to post what ever they want.

And if you want to know where my information comes from, I am typing this from an office at MLR. I went by Brandon’s shop and spoke to him and Donnie Bender when I got into town. I visited the Al-Anabi shop Thursday and spoke both CCs and to Chad. And I had Dinner with Larry Dixon last night. Now if your sources are better than mine, let’s hear it.

Alan
Sounds qualified and ready for first round. See you in the winners circle. Thanks Alan.

And if you want to know where my information comes from, I am typing this from an office at MLR. I went by Brandon’s shop and spoke to him and Donnie Bender when I got into town. I visited the Al-Anabi shop Thursday and spoke both CCs and to Chad. And I had Dinner with Larry Dixon last night. Now if your sources are better than mine, let’s hear it.

Alan

Alan, are you going to emcee the D7 Banquet in Vegas? Chris McGee.

To you and all the rest of you that don't like what people post on here "too bad". I don't agree with everything Alan or Jon post on here, but I read it, and they have every right to post what ever they want.

That is the basis of my comment because he and others don't think you do have a right to post whatever you want. I did throw in my opinions on other subjects too but that was my main point. I like reading their post I just don't believe they have a right to police the boards because of who they think are. You have every right to not agree with me but I think you missed my point. It may be my fault by putting up such a long post.

Alan

Ohhh, Ahhh!

Well, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last Night:D

Let's be clear, Alan is not "policing" the Mater. He's asking people to not do what people do naturally, around the water cooler, I mean Internet, all day every day. He is, as they say, whistling in the wind, I'm afraid.

Alan;

You are killing your creditability with post like this.......

Chris McGee... Long time, no see. Come up to Willow when you get a chance and see the shop.

Jay

But saying you know who is going to drive for ML right now is just like saying you know who is going to win the Super Bowl. You might end up guessing right, but you really don’t “Know” it. Simply because it hasn’t been decided yet.

The World Champion Green Bay Packers will win the Super Bowl. Again.:D
That's all I got, carry on.:)

Has anyone posted that they know who will fill seats. Thought it was more along the line of saying "I hope driver X" or "maybe they will look at driver Y" Maybe post #1 was was directed at Espn's Terry Blount or other drag racing websites. Not sure

The World Champion Green Bay Packers will win the Super Bowl. Again.:D
That's all I got, carry on.:)

Just like New England when they went 16 and 0 right? You shouldn't jinx your team like that!
These people start to believe their own hype! The greatest team ever RIGHT!
This is weakest league I've ever seen there is only a few quality teams in the NFL this year and Green Bay is having a good run with a weak schedule.
Green Bay is the best of this year’s crop you won't get an argument from me on that but ever NO WAY!

I don't care if it's Terry Blount @ ESPN, Kernan @ RPM2night, DRO or whoever. Until I get it straight from the horse's mouth or see an official release, I aint buying it. This, "my source says so, so it must be true", BS does nothing for one's credibility. PERIOD.

It's the nature of a fan of anything to be interested in what will happen next, and to speculate, that is all well and good. However, when you call yourself a reliable provider of information and news, it would be a good idea to stay out of the BS contest until you have the actual facts from a source you can trust AND refer to in the article you're writing.

This practice in reporting of all types is far and few between. That's why I still aint buying it.

Last edited:
Steve, you are smart to approach all the rumors the way you do. I agree. The opinion piece I posted on my website, is just that, my opinion after talking to several trusted sources and also adding my two cents.

Everyone here has the right to voice their opinions, make speculation and even just say whatever they want.

Afterall, when you get right down to it, we're all just fans and to us what's going on or not going on during the off season is important to all of us!

If nobody cared what was going on, or rumored to be going on, or reported to be going on the sport wouldn't exist.

Personally, I'm glad so many people care about the sport the same way I do and that's why I have my site and continue to come to the mater and read what people are talking about and joining in on the conversation.

It's what we should do as fans!

Back to original post starter - the latest post at the other board goes like this:

1:LD is out, 2: buys KB's operation, 3: lures back Dick Lahaei. 4:Not in rumor - Copart signs on.

1 really unknown

2 If 1 is correct, maybe

3 never happen

4 Why not? If Copart wanted to stay racing they could do no better!

All with tongue planted tightly in cheek!

Steve, you are smart to approach all the rumors the way you do. I agree. The opinion piece I posted on my website, is just that, my opinion after talking to several trusted sources and also adding my two cents.

Everyone here has the right to voice their opinions, make speculation and even just say whatever they want.

Afterall, when you get right down to it, we're all just fans and to us what's going on or not going on during the off season is important to all of us!

If nobody cared what was going on, or rumored to be going on, or reported to be going on the sport wouldn't exist.

Personally, I'm glad so many people care about the sport the same way I do and that's why I have my site and continue to come to the mater and read what people are talking about and joining in on the conversation.

It's what we should do as fans!

Oh yea? Whos computer are you typing this on? Huh? And who did YOU have dinner with last nite? :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back