The Latest Rumor (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I’m taking a time out from all this rumor and gossip stuff. Sorry if I offended anyone. But you really don’t know how big of a headache this whole thing is causing for the players. AJ and ML both have seats to fill, and both are evaluating the best option for their teams. NOTHING has been decided yet. Certainly there are front runners but nothing has been contracted and therefore nothing has been announced.

Yet everytime a story hits the web, it causes another round of headaches for the players. Larry Dixon isn’t answering his phone or returning calls because there is nothing to say. What should he do call everyone who wants to know what’s up? And say “No comment” When the entire thing is worked out it will be announced, however all those who need to be first (doesn’t seem to matter if they’re right, just first) put a story out and it starts all over again. The same goes for Chad or AJ or anybody else over there. If you want to ask the question, ask Al-Anabi spokesman Rob Goodman and he will tell you “No comment” Once they get the deal worked out, they will announce it.

Brandon is looking for a job, he may end up working for Morgan, they are friends and they are talking. Brandon has also put feelers out to anyone else who is or might be looking to hire a driver. When an ESPN.com story or some other “insider” reports that Brandon is driving for Morgan, then anybody else who might be considering making an offer could just take Brandon off the list of candidates. Not good for Brandon, and he has to touch base and let them know he is still on the market.

I started the “So you’re AJ” thread so everybody could make a pitch for their favorite driver, just opinions, not facts. All in fun, no harm done. When the LD thread took off it was full of “this is what I heard” or “My sources tell me” or “I have the inside story” and none of it was verified, and a lot of it was just plain fantasy. However if three people all heard the same thing, then it turns into a “Fact” and does more damage than anything else. When it all comes out, some of the stories will prove to have been right, and those people will fell vindicated. But saying you know who is going to drive for ML right now is just like saying you know who is going to win the Super Bowl. You might end up guessing right, but you really don’t “Know” it. Simply because it hasn’t been decided yet.

Anyway, like I said I’m taking a time out.

And if you want to know where my information comes from, I am typing this from an office at MLR. I went by Brandon’s shop and spoke to him and Donnie Bender when I got into town. I visited the Al-Anabi shop Thursday and spoke both CCs and to Chad. And I had Dinner with Larry Dixon last night. Now if your sources are better than mine, let’s hear it.

Alan

I’m taking a time out from all this rumor and gossip stuff. Sorry if I offended anyone. But you really don’t know how big of a headache this whole thing is causing for the players. AJ and ML both have seats to fill, and both are evaluating the best option for their teams. NOTHING has been decided yet. Certainly there are front runners but nothing has been contracted and therefore nothing has been announced.

Yet everytime a story hits the web, it causes another round of headaches for the players. Larry Dixon isn’t answering his phone or returning calls because there is nothing to say. What should he do call everyone who wants to know what’s up? And say “No comment” When the entire thing is worked out it will be announced, however all those who need to be first (doesn’t seem to matter if they’re right, just first) put a story out and it starts all over again. The same goes for Chad or AJ or anybody else over there. If you want to ask the question, ask Al-Anabi spokesman Rob Goodman and he will tell you “No comment” Once they get the deal worked out, they will announce it.

Brandon is looking for a job, he may end up working for Morgan, they are friends and they are talking. Brandon has also put feelers out to anyone else who is or might be looking to hire a driver. When an ESPN.com story or some other “insider” reports that Brandon is driving for Morgan, then anybody else who might be considering making an offer could just take Brandon off the list of candidates. Not good for Brandon, and he has to touch base and let them know he is still on the market.

I started the “So you’re AJ” thread so everybody could make a pitch for their favorite driver, just opinions, not facts. All in fun, no harm done. When the LD thread took off it was full of “this is what I heard” or “My sources tell me” or “I have the inside story” and none of it was verified, and a lot of it was just plain fantasy. However if three people all heard the same thing, then it turns into a “Fact” and does more damage than anything else. When it all comes out, some of the stories will prove to have been right, and those people will fell vindicated. But saying you know who is going to drive for ML right now is just like saying you know who is going to win the Super Bowl. You might end up guessing right, but you really don’t “Know” it. Simply because it hasn’t been decided yet.

And if you want to know where my information comes from, I am typing this from an office at MLR. I went by Brandon’s shop and spoke to him and Donnie Bender when I got into town. I visited the Al-Anabi shop Thursday and spoke both CCs and to Chad. And I had Dinner with Larry Dixon last night. Now if your sources are better than mine, let’s hear it.

Alan

Damn, well said. Enough speculation is enough. What will be will be, in due time.

Alan

Come on, really??!! Let me attempt to address your concerns:

THIS IS AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. PEOPLE COME TO THIS SITE TO BS AND BLOW OFF STEAM.

Owners/drivers who read a thread from this site and run with it as fact have many more issues they probably need to address (i.e. Knoll).

Don't take yourself too seriously, life is waaaay too short for that...

As with the political blogs / fake news channels / tabloid newspapers, etc. the problem isn't so much with the people who create them, but with the people who believe them.

Come on, really??!! Let me attempt to address your concerns:

THIS IS AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. PEOPLE COME TO THIS SITE TO BS AND BLOW OFF STEAM.

Owners/drivers who read a thread from this site and run with it as fact have many more issues they probably need to address (i.e. Knoll).

Don't take yourself too seriously, life is waaaay too short for that...

Michael: Alan's note said that it's harmfull to do anything more than speculate. The so-called "Facts" are harmful to the drivers and the teams. He's just asking that folks be more careful in how they say things. The teams press releases will have the actual information.

Alan

Ok I have a billion problems with this. I for one have made absolutely no reports of knowing where anyway is going, tho you never said I did, most people on here did the exact same I did. Some members on here posted a fact then wrote I have no knowledge, which is wrong to write in the same sentence because I mean what the hell are you really saying, and if they re-read what they wrote, they would of never wrote a fact and just stuck with the no knowledge part.

Most of the issues are ESPN, where do they get off posting stories of rumors as truth, they done it alot with the NHRA news. DRO is a HUGE OFFENDER and it pisses me off that they post all their rumors as fact and they either later issue a bs talk correction or boast about how OMG we finally got one right. I can see how the drivers are worried, but I do not think anyone that has the means of making a ride possible for a driver is going to take what a message board, or foolish journalists posts before actually only dealing with only the involved parties. And if anyone does take mater, ignorant journalists, and word of mouth as 100% truth is an absolute fool.

At least Comp Plus is a place where if you read their rumors, your gonna be misled maybe about 20% and that's huge given the other sites. Silly season is like a math equation, you can have all the steps and clues on how to set the answer up, but until you have all the numbers that make the answer an accurate answer, the answer is worthless.

Alan, while your attempt to assist the pro teams is noble, I think many including yourself and the teams in question don't realize what the internet has become or how far reaching it is. the internet is likely the most important technical advance in modern history, but it has brought out every expert and poster who has way more balls as a key board tough guy than they have a right to be. People get a feeling of invincibility and can hide and say what they want knowing they won't be called to be held accountable.

Fans of every sport do what people are doing here, there is absolutely no way to stop it.
Beside motorsports, I have been heavily involved in hockey, water and snow skiing my whole life and the speculations on message boards in those sports are no different that they are here. The teams (owners and drivers), CC's sponsors and those close to those above (IE: Alan Reinhart) should take most everything said here with the grain of salt said posts deserve. I understand what you are saying but it will only change if one thing happens:

1. Teams need to do what Don Schumacher does. He comes on here and stops rumors in their tracks. If Morgan or Alan or whoever was to come on here and say "we have made no decisions yet, but as soon as the decision has been made you will know", many of the posters would stop. Look back to Don's threads for proof of that. I know why teams don't post, but I also know if they did much of the crap would stop. By not coming on here and stating the truth, people get bored and take matters in their own hands.

Dean Murdoch

SPEEDZONE MAGAZINE ONLINE

i just heard alan`s not posting because he is getting fitted for the seat in m l`s car, any truth in this???

Let me make one thing perfectly clear for each of you and hopefully lay ANY and ALL rumors to rest right here, right now....... both AJ and ML have made absolutely NO attempt to contact me.

Count me as one who's never claimed insider information, but like most I've indulged in many 'what-if' discussions. As from what I've seen, rumors started by those who have no clue are stomped on pretty quickly, at least on this forum and for dang sure on Comp Plus. Maybe not at YB, but everyone on the planet is aware of the 'wild west' format over there and little attention is paid to rumors.

Not being an insider, perhaps I don't understand - but this doesn't seem that complicated. Here's how I'd handle it, if I were, say, Morgan Lucas:

Morgan: "Yo, Brandon, Morgan here. Rumor's out you're considering driving for Acme Racing". Anything to that? Something I need to know about?"

Brandon: "That's nonsense, bro. You know how rumors get started on those internet forums. If anything happens, you'll hear it from me first."

Morgan: "Cool. Just wanted to check to be sure. Later, bro."

BS rumor dispelled in 30 seconds.

Patrick, you really need to chill and stop taking everything so seriously.

And where the hell is this coming from? You really need to stop thinking i'm taking anything seriously. I'm just stating the truth. I get what he's saying but he's also right as well.

Last edited:
Count me as one who's never claimed insider information, but like most I've indulged in many 'what-if' discussions. As from what I've seen, rumors started by those who have no clue are stomped on pretty quickly, at least on this forum and for dang sure on Comp Plus. Maybe not at YB, but everyone on the planet is aware of the 'wild west' format over there and little attention is paid to rumors.

Not being an insider, perhaps I don't understand - but this doesn't seem that complicated. Here's how I'd handle it, if I were, say, Morgan Lucas:

Morgan: "Yo, Brandon, Morgan here. Rumor's out you're considering driving for Acme Racing". Anything to that? Something I need to know about?"

Brandon: "That's nonsense, bro. You know how rumors get started on those internet forums. If anything happens, you'll hear it from me first."

Morgan: "Cool. Just wanted to check to be sure. Later, bro."

BS rumor dispelled in 30 seconds.

I would not want anyone driving a nitro car from acme racing lol. See the reputation they have with the coyote and roadrunner?

I heard Alan is involved in the Pau Gasol-Lamar Odom trade. Ooops, wrong message board. Alan is tall enough, though. But can he make a basket?

I don't know if anyone has realized this...but ol' Alan is into this just as much as the posters. :D

And why not? We are talking about 2 of the top 3 seats in Top Fuel.
And before someone rebukes me let me say: The Top 2 or, 2 of the Top 5 to make all happy.

:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back