The John Force hate - I just don't get it. :/ (1 Viewer)

I don't hate John Force, or any on Force's team as human beings, I just like to root for the underdog... and since Force will probably never be the underdog, I guess I'll never be a Force fan.

And if you take a look at an ESPN broadcast from a non JF fan perspective, you gotta admit that they could better devote that time to people other then JF.

And I've seen him do similar things to the handicapped fans in the wheelchair seating at BIR. Again, he's a class act, but I still won't be rooting for him.

He doesn't just give away his hats to handicapped kids, I have one in my display case that he gave me in Charlotte, right off his head complete with sweat stains lol!!!! John is a class act, I don't care what others say about him!!!

Force lost me when he cheated at Indy giving R hight a free pass into teh top 10 countdown.

How do you know he cheated? There were several other cars who could of stopped them before they got to the semis but no one could get the job done. And even if he did want to let one of his other cars win, so what, it's his team and he can do that if he wants. What I disagree with is a team owner telling another driver that he has to dive for a teammate. If my memory is correct, a certain team owner did just that a few years ago!!! :rolleyes:

For those supporting John throwing races, what ever happened to earning round victories? There's another multi-car TF and FC program that has perfected how a team should make their teammates earn round wins. If John was to race this way we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Sam- Melanie didn't earn a playoff spot, if she would have outrun Morgan on that run you mentioned she would have EARNED a Countdown spot. I applaud Morgan for not giving Melanie anything.

If your talking about the multi car team that I'm thinking of, that's because they took so much heat after the owner made another driver dive for a teammate. Whether you want to believe it or not, most of them have been guilty of this at one point!!! Even the ungrateful one, who wanted to disrespect John. If it was such a problem he should give back that championship he earned while driving for John. He had no problem with John "cheating" for him when he won that championship!!!! :rolleyes:

Professional drag racing is a business and its not the boy scouts. Business men make decisions everyday that many would find unpopular if the facts were known. It happens and everyone should get over it or join the boy scouts. JMO

Yep, same here. Maybe you didn't love the guy, but he kept things interesting, didn't he? Same reason I like Kyle Busch in the circle track series,love him or hate him, he's never boring!!
Can't say the same for the Busch brothers. At least Whit showed respect for his fellow racers, something the Busch brothers no nothing about.

Here's another reason that sponsor's love JFR:

We love it when the team has a great race weekend, because fans also win. We find that the more the fans know about John Force Racing, the more they know about BrandSource and all of the great appliance, electronics, and furniture products our dealers sell.

John and his drivers get on TV, a lot, and with them, the sponsors.

Say what you want about JFR plugging their sponsors but the proof is in the pudding -- the sponsors love it.

Source: TEAM FORCE DELIVERS BIG FOR FANS

How do you know he cheated? There were several other cars who could of stopped them before they got to the semis but no one could get the job done. And even if he did want to let one of his other cars win, so what, it's his team and he can do that if he wants. What I disagree with is a team owner telling another driver that he has to dive for a teammate. If my memory is correct, a certain team owner did just that a few years ago!!! :rolleyes:

EXACTLY Somebody show me in the rule book where it is against the rules to lose a drag race.

He cant do that per NHRA rules,but some rules dont pertain to Force it seems,all you have to do is watch Force drive it out of the groove right front the start and the slow r/t from hight should tell you something was up,like make sure you dont redlight.

Pretty easy to say he cheated lied whatever you like. Everyone knew exactly what was going to happen on that run. I would have done the EXACT same thing. EXCEPT one difference when I was asked did you take a dive I would say you bet you ass i did. Not tap dance around and make it sounds like I didn't. He took everything he earned all those years and might as well have flushed it down the drain. Every pass against a team car will always be questions. Kalitta's use the lay down rule. Like they said the car will be back in the pit on the run. It will not be a circus side show like happened at indy.

Pretty easy to say he cheated lied whatever you like. Everyone knew exactly what was going to happen on that run. I would have done the EXACT same thing. EXCEPT one difference when I was asked did you take a dive I would say you bet you ass i did. Not tap dance around and make it sounds like I didn't. He took everything he earned all those years and might as well have flushed it down the drain. Every pass against a team car will always be questions. Kalitta's use the lay down rule. Like they said the car will be back in the pit on the run. It will not be a circus side show like happened at indy.

Cruzer couldnt have said it any better when they interviewed him,yea well John Force cheats.

And that is reason Number One why John has all the sponsors that he has and you, Jon- well.....

John absolutely understands this as a business, and the knowledge that having HIS TEAM'S sponsors in front of faces by having more cars in the playoffs made it an easy decision for him. BUT- he is also DIRECTLY representing the companies on the side of HIS car, and they pay him to win. He's not going to be stupid enough to say when a mic is stuck in his face, "Oh well, I had to give that race up". He's going to "tap dance" as long as the checks keep coming, and I don't blame him- the checks are pretty good.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back