The John Force hate - I just don't get it. :/ (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
I'm a big John Force fan as most here know. But, some people here hate the guy. For what, I don't know. :confused:

JF and his drivers have been some of the nicest bunch of drivers I have interacted with. Not just to me, but to everybody else.

I read a story where John Force gave his hat to a disabled girl in the stands one day. Yet he's the man some people love to hate. :(

I swear, I get the impression that if John Force was racing Saddam Hussain, these people would be rooting for Saddam! :mad: I guess I just don't get it.

And yet, some people would rather root for drivers who have entire threads on Yellow Bullet about how much of a prick they are to the fans! (Not going to name names but one of these drivers is in top fuel and is sponsored by a TV channel.)

Ahh but you say you hate him because he cheats. Really? Take the first two events. Mike Neff had a crappy light. If it was against anyone else, people wouldn't be saying sh*t, they would just say that Neff screwed up. But because it was against his boss, "OMG he dived oh noes!" Um, you haters do realize that Neff wants to win too, right? Then when John smoked the tires against Courtney. If it was any other driver people would just say that John simply missed on the setup and that would be it. But because it was Courtney people are like, "OMG he let her win!" Um, you haters do realize at that point John was in the points lead, right? Why would he risk losing the lead just to let Courtney into the Semi's? You could tell that he knew people would be accusing him of diving by his tone at the top-end interview.

Sorry about the rant guys. Just wanted to vent a little....

Been a fan since the Wendys days-but really wish the TV coverage wasn't TEAM FORCE and 12 other schmucks.

While it's true that ESPN seems to have a love affair with JFR, truth be told the head honchos are probably forced (No pun intended) to make JFR the center of attention due to his recognizable nature with not just the fans in the stands but to the general public.

If you asked an average person who Ron Capps is, he probably won't have a clue. But you can bet he knows who John Force is....

I am a Force fan, and not just because of his success. He brings a very identifiable personality and vitality to motorsports. His interviews are usually pretty entertaining (other than the obligatory sponsor name dropping). His whole team is one of the most approachable and gracious out there. There's a reason he always receives an ovation when he's driving his scooter down the return road.

I don't hate John Force, or any on Force's team as human beings, I just like to root for the underdog... and since Force will probably never be the underdog, I guess I'll never be a Force fan.

And if you take a look at an ESPN broadcast from a non JF fan perspective, you gotta admit that they could better devote that time to people other then JF.

And I've seen him do similar things to the handicapped fans in the wheelchair seating at BIR. Again, he's a class act, but I still won't be rooting for him.

I'm with you, Sam. But it won't ever stop. People love to hate on something and JFR is the most-successful racing entity we have in the NHRA so he has the bullseye on his back.

If you don't like the coverage he receives, then get your own team and beat JFR drivers and you'll get coverage. I'm sure people don't like the coverage Danica is getting in NASCAR but guess what? People know who Danica is and it's the same way with JFR. A ton of fans show up/tune in to see JFR and that's what ESPN and sponsors care about - whether you like it or not.

If you don't like how the JFR drivers drop their sponsors' names, then kiss the sport goodbye because that's what sponsors want when they give you millions of dollars. Last I checked, DSR drivers do it, too.

If you like the shootout races we'll have later this year, don't forget that JFR brought that sponsor into the sport and also another funny car into the ranks. Along with increased advertisement for our sport and increased commitment down the road from a big-name company.

Don't forget the Eric Medlen project that John started to protect ALL drivers in the NHRA and has made the technology available to the NHRA and every driver that wants it. Don isn't the only guy working on safety.

There's also the JFR Road Show that does more to advertise the NHRA than the NHRA itself will commit to.

I could go on and on but the sport wouldn't be the same without JFR and that's a fact.

Sam/Bernie- Sorry, not everyone is going to like John and his teams. It is human nature. Does everyone like O'bama? Didn't think so. Also, it is proven that there are some people who get sick of people who win all the time. The same guy winning all but 1 title in the 90's will create a legion of fans who will root for anyone but him. John doesn't help himself when his teams throw races like Indy 2009 and then deny it happened when it was clear as day the race was thrown or John acting the way he did this past weekend when he was questioned about his reaction time. I was a fan of John's until 1993 when I was sick of him winning everything under the sun and I would root for Cruz, Etchells, and Hoffman and I have stayed that way since 1993.

I've been flying the JFR flag since I was a little kid. I became a fan of his in the 80's and have stuck by him since. My response to the whole JFR hatred thing is this...When you win 15 Championships you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want. John and his team have always been nice to me at the races. I've never had a bad experience with him or any members of his team. I do however get tired of seeing him plastered all over the TV coverage. There are a lot of other families out there in the pros that deserve some coverage. Jeff and Windy Arend along with their daughter deserve some TV time. They are wonderful people. The Bode's, Tony P and I know im missing some more but you get my drift.

Force & the Yankees have this in common: When either is winning, their respective sports are more interesting.

It's almost 35 years since his death, but I still wonder what a Force/Jungle alliance would be like!

If you asked an average person who Ron Capps is, he probably won't have a clue. But you can bet he knows who John Force is....

That's not true. There are plenty of average people in this world who have no idea who JF is.

I had my picture taken with John Force in the parking lot of his California shop one week after the 2007 Winternationals. I thought it was pretty cool so I emailed it to my dad. His reply.... who is John Force? He had no clue who he was.

watching Sunday's show, I saw the usual JF 3-4 interviews, 2 interviews with Courtney, one with each Laurie and Ashley! I wonder when they will start interviewing Ashley's Kid???

Force lost me as a fan in 2001 at the Vegas race.
He and Bode both left before the tree was activated during eliminations. Subsequently, both were disqualified. Force pitched an absolute fit, and was acting like a spoiled rich kid who finally had something not go his way.
ESPN followed him to the tower where he confronted Graham Light. He was loud, obscene and not professional. Then, when Force saw the camera he rushed toward it and pushed the lens to the side. Did anything come of his idiotic behavior? No, of course not. But, then again, Light looked like he was about to spot his shorts.
One thing came of the event. The rule was changed.
Yet, let Whit Bazemore complain to Rick Stewart (with no mics around) about the crappy track conditions at Pomona during the fall race and he gets slapped with a fine and probation.

I don't hate John, I just like Neff & Hight more, and I like all the Shumacher cars. Why even have this negative discussion?

Force lost me when he cheated at Indy giving R hight a free pass into teh top 10 countdown.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back