What's John Force do now? (1 Viewer)

woody

Nitro Member
lets say Mike Neff wins the funny car title this year, Ashley comes back to her car next year, Courtney is in her car next year full time, you got Robert in his car. What's John do? does John take Mike out and jump back in his car? I'd love to see Mike Neff win it all this year and see what John does. If that does happen could this be John's last year in a funny car? I read where he said he was working with Brittney to run a Top fuel car maybe next year, Wouldn't that be a perfect time for John to make that move to? This could be a very interesting year.

It is a big IF Ashley returns. My money is on she stays out of the car for the next couple of years and focuses on her new responsibilities.

lets say Mike Neff wins the funny car title this year,

Whoa.... Slow down there Don. We haven't even had one event yet. I think Neff winning would be nice but there is nothing to point to him winning anything yet (well, except the team he is on).

Welcome to the Mater Don!!!!!!!!!

Craig who says im worried about anything? I am excited for Mike Neff and would love to see him win, in my thoughts, this is exciting. I hope all force drivers do great this year. hopeAshley does come back, I feel she's good for the sport of drag racing.
I'm also very excited to see how Johnny Gary does, i'm glad to see him back, one of the true nice guys out there.
Yes I'm Al's son.

For you young-timers, Al Vanderwoude campaigned the 'Flying Dutchman' series of AA/FC's back in the late 60's, and was as competitive as anyone out there. I've seen his cars run on several occasions.

Is your Dad still with us, Don?

Wow! The Flying Dutchman's son is in the house!

I saw your dad run myself!

Welcome to the 'mater Don!!:)

Carl, no my dad died nov. 3 2001 I came out with a fuel car in 2000 at least my father got to see car run, we went to Dallas and he died two weeks later. Do to the cost of racing I had to get out. I almost landed a big deal and was going to run with Tim Wilkerson, but it fell through.

neff would get out and john would jump back in if ashley came back, neff only got back in due to contracts and how the car needed a driver, if not for neff it be someone else as a hired gun.

When I heard the news the first thing that came to my mind was all the races were Ashley's car was the car to beat because of her reaction times lost most of them now put John in that seat and what would the outcome have been. ;)
I think John Force will be the car to beat hands down with her crew chief!
Her reaction times have definitely improved but John is still better!

It is a big IF Ashley returns. My money is on she stays out of the car for the next couple of years and focuses on her new responsibilities.

I agree 100% Mr. Miller. A lot of folks are taking it for granted that she will be back full-time for the 2012 season. Like you I agree that is a mighty big " IF". Motherhood changes a woman. I would actually be more surprised if she DID return in 2012, then if she didn't.

As for what would John do?, Not to worry, he's been preparing to retire for several years. Also he's been toying with the idea of a JFR top fueler for some time. I for one would love to see John in a T/F car for a season or two before he hangs up the gloves.

I don't think they would have started a production company if Ashley planned to come back. The only way I can see her returning is if little sis can't cut the mustard in the funny car.

My money is on my 2 theories:

1. Ashley Will NOT come back soon and Force will stay in Ashley's seat in 2012 and Neff will either continue, or step down and call scelzi and he'll jump in that seat. Scelzi has made it clear If Neff called him, it's pretty much a solid chance he will come back.

2. Ashley will come back in 2012 take back seat from dad as he will retired, scelzi takes neff's vacant seat cause i dont think neff wants to be behind a wheel long term, Courtney and Hight continue on.

And I read that to mean the exact opposite, That he does not want to, he's happy away from the sport, he's enjoying life, and he would come back, reluctantly, but only if Zippy asked and was tuning...

There are people that WANT to be out there, I don't think that Gary really does.

d'kid

Drag racing gets in your blood and many a driver has come out of retirement, but if Scelzi's telling it like it is in that interview, and I'll assume he is - he'd be a nut to even consider it. The man's reached drag racing's summit already - why would he?

Now, about those sons of his.....:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back