Rookie Of The Year Candidates (My Opinion, What's Yours?) (1 Viewer)

Any mention of Khalid alBalooshi for rookie of the year is an absolute joke. Trailered how many times after first round with Alan Johnson tuning? For him to win the fix would have to be in.

Any mention of Khalid alBalooshi for rookie of the year is an absolute joke. Trailered how many times after first round with Alan Johnson tuning? For him to win the fix would have to be in.

You have to remember that the award is not supposed to be about the success, that can be looked at after the roots of the award are determined. This award looks at the ability of the "rookie" at how well they are able to actually drive the car, has nothing to do with round wins. I know your into bashing Khalid though. 1. You never met him (I already know without even asking) 2. Remember a mediocre driver can win in a good car, but a good driver can't win in a mediocre car. You may as well bash Alan Johnson and Jason McCulloch the same if not more if his round wins are a part of your argument.

You have to remember that the award is not supposed to be about the success, that can be looked at after the roots of the award are determined. This award looks at the ability of the "rookie" at how well they are able to actually drive the car, has nothing to do with round wins. I know your into bashing Khalid though. 1. You never met him (I already know without even asking) 2. Remember a mediocre driver can win in a good car, but a good driver can't win in a mediocre car. You may as well bash Alan Johnson and Jason McCulloch the same if not more if his round wins are a part of your argument.

You have no idea who I have met. Do you, Fan Boy?

You have to remember that the award is not supposed to be about the success, that can be looked at after the roots of the award are determined. This award looks at the ability of the "rookie" at how well they are able to actually drive the car, has nothing to do with round wins.

More than 150 of the nation’s leading auto racing journalists will select the winner through a voting system based on the following criteria: number of events participated, performance on and off the race track, participation in NHRA promotions and relationships with fans, sponsors and media.

It does have to do with rd wins, I got this from "NHRA Rookie Of The Year".

More than 150 of the nation’s leading auto racing journalists will select the winner through a voting system based on the following criteria: number of events participated, performance on and off the race track, participation in NHRA promotions and relationships with fans, sponsors and media.

It does have to do with rd wins, I got this from "NHRA Rookie Of The Year".

Then in my opinion round wins should be completely taken off the table. It should be pure 100% driving ability and the rest of what you said. Round wins may sway some votes for any year. I feel they should do away with that simply because now that I think of it, the most successful racer usually wins it every year and I just hope all of the 150 realize you can't exactly judge driving ability on a round or race win.

Last edited:
And what better way to judge driving ability, then rd wins and race wins???

Yea, but they don't tell the story. Numbers do not lie and Courtney wins hands down there since she has the most. I half way agree with your statement, but it's also like saying John Hall, Scotty Pollacheck, and Todd Lesenko are not good drivers because of their less than a handful of round wins. Does the award take in the hidden facts like Hall and Pollacheck being in a class that was pathetically ruled or that Lesenko is driving on a low budget team that really can't post anywhere near a turn your head type of number?

j-e-a-l-o-u-s

Maybe you didn't read the whole post:

Originally Posted by paul flores View Post
foregone conclusion. The trophy has been inscribed since last year. Next year's trophy is already inscribed as well.

b-i-n-g-o
Edit/Delete Message

I do believe the word j-e-a-l-o-u-s doesn't apply to the above two posts but rather a foresight of Paul's post that he is correct.......it's very simply put.

Well that and since most people in this country are never taught to understand/communicate with people who use English as a 2nd language, most fans would probably have a tough time understanding him, me included.*

*This isn't a swipe at Mr. Balooshi specifically. Ever wonder why most Americans hate calling outsoursed call centers? This very reason.

Well that and since most people in this country are never taught to understand/communicate with people who use English as a 2nd language, most fans would probably have a tough time understanding him, me included.*

*This isn't a swipe at Mr. Balooshi specifically. Ever wonder why most Americans hate calling outsoursed call centers? This very reason.

Uhhh ... What does English as a second language have to do with this thread or alBalooshi winning ROTY?

I think the other difference is Courtney is the only candidate to have made the countdown, won a race, and had at least one #1 qualifier. If you're going on overall season performance in all categories, no matter how quality of a ride it is, that is an impressive stat for a rookie. If you think being "gifted" a top notch ride is all you need, why hasn't Khalid run the table and lead the countdown? Did he not step into a championship contending ride?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back