Rookie of the year candidates (1 Viewer)

hateful

Nitro Member
How is it that Eddie Krawiec was overlooked for the rookie of the year award. He only raced three times in 2004 and this year he made the countdown and a few finals. With an exception of one of the five candidates I have barely heard of them. Krawiec rides for a high profile team and has done an excellent job performing.

Does it really matter who's nominated?:;) I bet I know who's going to win it.:rolleyes: I guess it's an honor just to be nominated and congrats to the nominees.

Does it really matter who's nominated?:;) I bet I know who's going to win it.:rolleyes: I guess it's an honor just to be nominated and congrats to the nominees.

I completely agree. Although I personally feel Justin Humphrey deserves it, we all know that no voting even needs to be done...

Why even bother with the formality of voting or having candidates? We all know who the winner is......IF Ashley didn't win I would be amazed

Could you explain your logic here? I'd be interested to hear how he should come out on top of this one?

I've been away for quite a while and I hate to jump back into the fray with this one, but what the heck...

If the voting is based on driving ability, I agree with Justin Humphrey too.

Ashley is great for the sport, has a great ride, has great looks and will win races... but she can't get off the starting line to save her butt (yet) and wins with raw horsepower provided by Guido (who's not nominated as crew chief, rookie of the year).

Justin has proven, with limited opportunities I might add, that he can flat-out drive a race car. If the voting is based on driving ability, rather than popularity (like most stick & ball sports these days), Justin is the better driver - today.

Ashley will win the popularity contest (and will be great for NHRA), but Justin can drive.

I've been away for quite a while and I hate to jump back into the fray with this one, but what the heck...

If the voting is based on driving ability, I agree with Justin Humphrey too.

Ashley is great for the sport, has a great ride, has great looks and will win races... but she can't get off the starting line to save her butt (yet) and wins with raw horsepower provided by Guido (who's not nominated as crew chief, rookie of the year).

Justin has proven, with limited opportunities I might add, that he can flat-out drive a race car. If the voting is based on driving ability, rather than popularity (like most stick & ball sports these days), Justin is the better driver - today.

Ashley will win the popularity contest (and will be great for NHRA), but Justin can drive.

I don't disagree with you on any of that Gordon, but I will say, Justin has Dick Maskin horsepower and Bob Glidden tuning his car. If you can't qualify with those two, you royally suck.

You take Guido away from Ashley Force and she's in trouble.

You take Maskin Horsepower & Evan Knoll's money away from Humphrey, and he's another pro-stock driver who never qualifies.

Just my 2 cents.

Okay, everyone Knows I'm a fan of the Princess...
Having said that, and as much I don't follow Pro Stock...
It's a coin toss between Ashley and Justin...
But, Ashley's still going to win one this year, and That will seal the deal...

Guido for President in 08

My vote goes to Amanda Smith, she's kicking all of our asses, and it is her first full season if I recall!:D

I think it should go with on the track success. Eddie has had a better season then the rest. Half of them have only raced part time.

Ashley gets much more publicity and will win it one name sake. Don't get me wrong she's done well but she's 12th he's in 8th. You have to go with who had done the most.

Thanks for the kind words for Peggy, she had only competed in NHRA 1 year in 2001 and entered 6 events. She had not raced (anything) in 6 years before returning this year. I wish she would have been able to be considered but WE all know how great a job she is doing! :)

Eddie K competed in 3 NHRA events in 2004 and 5 NHRA events in 2005. He is doing great too!

I love seeing new racers come into the sport in any category. Watch next year for maybe a couple more new faces in PSM.

Jackie

Thanks for the kind words for Peggy, she had only competed in NHRA 1 year in 2001 and entered 6 events. She had not raced (anything) in 6 years before returning this year. I wish she would have been able to be considered but WE all know how great a job she is doing! :)

Eddie K competed in 3 NHRA events in 2004 and 5 NHRA events in 2005. He is doing great too!

I love seeing new racers come into the sport in any category. Watch next year for maybe a couple more new faces in PSM.

Jackie

Thanks for the correction Jackie I remember seeing her in 2001 and didn't realize she hadn't been out since then. I thought I'd seen her somewhere else since then like the Houston PS Superbowl or something.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back