Rookie of the year candidates (1 Viewer)

This situation reminds me of when B. Bernstein was given the 'Rookie' award over David Baca who finished higher in points, did not crash a car, and did the tour w/ 50% less budget then B. Bernstein....and completed the tour...

Ashley will win as she has done okay and her name is the 'main' thing that will win it...and for someone that ran A-fuel for two seasons and over 100 laps in a fuel coupe before her debut in Pomona I hardly consider her a 'Rookie' but it is obvious by her wall slapping incident that she is still in over her head...IMO

This situation reminds me of when B. Bernstein was given the 'Rookie' award over David Baca who finished higher in points, did not crash a car, and did the tour w/ 50% less budget then B. Bernstein....and completed the tour...

Ashley will win as she has done okay and her name is the 'main' thing that will win it...and for someone that ran A-fuel for two seasons and over 100 laps in a fuel coupe before her debut in Pomona I hardly consider her a 'Rookie' but it is obvious by her wall slapping incident that she is still in over her head...IMO
Can of worms opened. :D

This contest was over before it started.

DLB

I didn't realize Eddie has been in that many races. Guess thats why he's not on the list. Ashley wins this one is a route.

Peggy should get comeback of the year

How is it that Eddie Krawiec was overlooked for the rookie of the year award. He only raced three times in 2004 and this year he made the countdown and a few finals. With an exception of one of the five candidates I have barely heard of them. Krawiec rides for a high profile team and has done an excellent job performing.

Gee I wonder who is going to win. ;)

They will give it to Ashley that was probably determined the moment she went pro so it doesn't matter who did or didn't make the list it's a formality! :rolleyes:
If I found a bookie that was taking bets I would put everything I own and have on Ashley it's basically a guarantee! :cool:

Thanks for the kind words for Peggy, she had only competed in NHRA 1 year in 2001 and entered 6 events. She had not raced (anything) in 6 years before returning this year. I wish she would have been able to be considered but WE all know how great a job she is doing! :)

Eddie K competed in 3 NHRA events in 2004 and 5 NHRA events in 2005. He is doing great too!

I love seeing new racers come into the sport in any category. Watch next year for maybe a couple more new faces in PSM.

Jackie

never fails.....when you want info on PSM, you go to a Bryce...lol....thanks Jackie

Bobby....I am not the only person on this planet who has the same feelings about her ability to date....maybe I am the only one who will put my opinion in print..

Bobby....I am not the only person on this planet who has the same feelings about her ability to date....maybe I am the only one who will put my opinion in print..

Her ability to date??? she's well qualified to date, 25, Hottest female award, Smart (with a college degree) very personable and fun to talk to, and, oh yea!!! I almost forgot.....She can drive a fuel funny car too!!!!!

aol hottest athelete...... on the jay leno show......
if ashley wins ROY, please be happy for her; recently she alone
has garnished more main stream media exposure for drag racing
than anyone else in quite some time.

i'm also happy jason line received ROY honors.
i think j.r. todd was in the running with jason that year?
please recall that jason's professional career also started
on a low note at columbus.

I never paid much attention to Rookie of the Year until recently.

Who nominates the candidates and who judges them?

I agree, Humphreys, Llewellyn and a few others, deserved the nominations.

And yes, it is an honor, just to be nominated for any award, regardless of who wins it.

And yes, it is an honor, just to be nominated for any award, regardless of who wins it.
Peggy isn't eligible. In case you missed it:
Thanks for the kind words for Peggy, she had only competed in NHRA 1 year in 2001 and entered 6 events. She had not raced (anything) in 6 years before returning this year. I wish she would have been able to be considered but WE all know how great a job she is doing! :)

Candidates usually have to meet the requirements of the organization they belong to. NFL, NBA, NASCAR and NHRA come to mind. Depending on the organization, the rules will vary greatly.

I won ROY at E-Town in 2005. Anyone that signed up for points their first year was a rookie. The person that had the most points at the end of the year in that category won the ROY. I have no idea on how the ROY is determined in other sports. I'm sure NASCAR is decided by points.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back