I Feel for Erica (1 Viewer)

It's more HUGE POWER getting the W's. I will give them credit Jason has improved at times, but he still is inconsistant, and GA please, it's rare to see him cut anything better than a .40. Forget the average list, all that has to be looked at is how many times has someone left first on GA or Line compared to them leaving first? I dare to say it, if it was not for the power that buys them the extra hundreds, they would never be contenders without it. At least when Jeg Coughlin wins a championship he earns it from the power and his foot.

Team Summit earns every championship they have, like it or not. The amount of time, money, and hard work they invest in their operation earns that team those championship's - nothing is a given.

What does it matter if you have the fastest car if you LOSE ON A HOLESHOT?.

and what does it matter if you get the launch and have a slower car ;)

look, I'm not saying you have to like [insert team name], just that to me in drag racing the CAR is as important, or maybe more important, than the driver...I like the CARS and don't really give a rip who's driving them

and what does it matter if you get the launch and have a slower car ;)

look, I'm not saying you have to like [insert team name], just that to me in drag racing the CAR is as important, or maybe more important, than the driver...I like the CARS and don't really give a rip who's driving them

I agree with you, I just feel that if your a serious drag racer whatever your racing you should have the attitude of destroying the tree no matter what the power is. I don't hate the summit team, I just dont really like how the power gives them the allowance to be later on the tree. mid .30 and above is not a shoe in to win the class anymore. I appalud team summit for the power and I guess that's how they wanna race, I just feel for all the guys who drill the hell outta em on the tree and come up short, but then again it is the tune up in the end. Really when I think about everything I wrote, Mike Edwards won his '09 title the exact same way.

can she do it today?.....we'll know soon.

Nope. :(

She thought she did. She found out different after exiting the car, and with the TV cameras rolling no less.

I must say, I thought she handled the bad news with a great deal of dignity and professionalism.

A few more HP, and she's a win just waiting to happen.

Does everybody feel equally as bad for Gordie Rivera? Jim Cunningham? Kevin Lawrence? or any other P/S racer who has never won a P/S race? Just checking because it's like if she doesn't win a P/S race,all's not well with the world. Before anybody says I don't want to see a woman win,it's not that @ all. It's the poor girl who just can't seem to get it all together 4 rounds in a row mentality that drives me nuts. When she does win one,maybe the pity will stop but in my eyes,she's just another racer who hasn't won a P/S race. Notice I said when she does win one? It's only a matter of time before she does and congrats to her beforehand but enough of the pity. Everybody knows how big a WJ fan I am and he's struggling right now but I don't pity him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want it either.

when and if erica wins, i'll be happy for her regardless of final round opponent.
drag racing is a male dominated sport that has enjoyed females victorious
is just about every class except PS - it's a milestone very close to being
achieved - nothing more, nothing less. just like her competitors she has
persevered to put herself in a position capable of winning, and her name
is still recognized by young girls (from her movie) that know nothing else
about motorsports, my 17 yr. old daughter is one of them, who actually
watched the final with me last nite ONLY because she saw erica was
involved.

to be told u just won ur first race after years of trying and 30 seconds later told u didn't win, would suck the life out of anyone. i dont think i would wish that on my worst enemy. Erica handled that with the utmost class because after she was informed she lost i was expecting her to just 'lose it'.

to be told u just won ur first race after years of trying and 30 seconds later told u didn't win, would suck the life out of anyone. i dont think i would wish that on my worst enemy. Erica handled that with the utmost class because after she was informed she lost i was expecting her to just 'lose it'.

My comments were not directed @ what happened yesterday. They were from just watching and reading about it for a while now. This thread was started back last year and that's what prompted my comments. I'm happy for anybody who wins their first race,P/S or any other class. I will say she handles herself well in front of the camera and that comes with age and experience. Like I said,she will win a race and it won't be as long as it has been. I bet she wins one before Danica wins a Cup race.:D

that was my main point, actually. Think about it. It was obvious from the radio feed she thought she won. Then, as her car rolled to a stop, the camera people came rushing up to her car, which probably reinforced that belief. Then, she was finally informed, while on camera, that it wasn't to be. She handled the situation with dignity and grace IMHO.

I fully expect her to get that first Wally this year.:)

Last edited:
Nope. :(

She thought she did. She found out different after exiting the car, and with the TV cameras rolling no less.

I must say, I thought she handled the bad news with a great deal of dignity and professionalism.

A few more HP, and she's a win just waiting to happen.

They're making the HP I think she could run low 50's if she had a new car. That car has had a lot of passes put on it between Jeg's and Erica, Maybe Victor is getting a Camaro ready for her? YA THINK! :cool:

They're making the HP I think she could run low 50's if she had a new car.

She's making good HP but nobody is making Summit HP. GA (and Line) were consistently 2MPH faster than everyone in the house all day Sunday. Her team missed the setup a bit in the final, too, which of course has nothing to do with her driving.

To avoid a repeat of such a monumental letdown, they need to ditch the runnerup light in the final. When the light comes on in your lane, even if it's not flashing, it's pretty easy to interpret it as a win.

My comments were not directed @ what happened yesterday. They were from just watching and reading about it for a while now. This thread was started back last year and that's what prompted my comments. I'm happy for anybody who wins their first race,P/S or any other class. I will say she handles herself well in front of the camera and that comes with age and experience. Like I said,she will win a race and it won't be as long as it has been. I bet she wins one before Danica wins a Cup race.:D

or before DP wins an NNS Race (Although she was Solid in Texas Last Friday)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back