Erica driving for Edwards? (1 Viewer)

JC

Nitro Member
Anyone have any insider news of how serious Edwards rotator cuff injury is? With Erica currently 9th in points she would have a good shot at winning the championship with Edwards horsepower.

I know I'm going to take heat for this but whatever....

Edwards' health is more important than a trophy ever will be. He should step out. There's always next year.

Like you suggested, he can give his car to somebody on the sidelines that really needs it.

Mike said last night he will try to grunt out the season and deal with it in the off season. Winning makes the pain go away, temporally go away.

If she were to win the championship in that manner, she'd be hated from now on. Every Enders boo-bird in the country would squeal like a pig under a gate. You think people were irate when Force threw the race to allow Hight to make the top 10 a couple of years ago? This would be 5 times worse. not that she'd be doing something wrong - she wouldn't be assuming Edwards' points, after all - I just know how people are.

If he can't drive, maybe the best thing to do is just park the car. But his sponsors may think differently - so who knows. I'll support Edwards either way....he's a good guy, good for the sport.

It would be a "WIN - WIN" for both. Mike doesn't have to put off much needed surgery. Mikes car and sponsors get a shot at the title and the exposure that goes with it. Erica gets a shot at the title.

No reason at all to hate, most out there are hired drivers. What's the difference whether she drives for Victor, Edwards, or John Force. A hired driver is a hired driver.

To park a potentially championship car would be a terrible waste......
To leave a potentially championship driver in the stands is also a waste.....

Put the two together and GO FOR IT!!!

Last edited:
I found it very amusing that a one armed man beat GA.:)

GA is back with a competitive car and is knockin' down the tree, however when edwards cuts a .012 light u can pretty much forget about it.

p.s.

my choice for a replacement driver for Ewards would be KJ

AS much as you guys want Erica in a car ---- my guess he will wait till the season is over ----- he can deal with it -----been there , done that----------

The only thing better than being a one time champ is being a two time champ. Unless it becomes a serious issue he will finish out the season.

If Erica takes over, is she in ninth where she qualified for the countdown or first where the car/Edwards qualified?

If Erica takes over, is she in ninth where she qualified for the countdown or first where the car/Edwards qualified?

It's driver points, Not car/owner points. There's nothing in it for Edwards to put anyone else in the car, except keeping sponsors happy, if that's what they want.

d'kid

Yes Dave they are right, the points go with the driver. if she is in 9th place she would start the CD 100 pts behind 1st place.

When they re-set the points first gets a 30 point lead over second place.
Then second thru 10th are at 10 pt intervals.
Example:
2nd - 30
3rd - 40
4th - 50
5th - 60
and so on till
10th - 110

Last edited:
Points go with drivers and she isn't going to dump cagnazzi power....give it a friggin break.

She's dumped Cagnazzi power before........

Besides, knowing Victor, he'd probably give it his blessings if this opportunity presented itself. A change for her to go for a Championship.

Last edited:
I just wanted to get on and clarify the situation concerning Mike Edwards.

We wanted to stop any rumors the Mike Edwards had any plans of having another driver in the seat the remainder of the season.

Mike has spoken with doctors and together have developed a plan of action that he will receive treatment on his shoulder that will allow him to continue to drive his Interstate Batteries Camaro throughout the Countdown. He has NO intention of getting out of the car. The only focus is winning a second Pro Stock championship. In fact, today and tomorrow, he is in Charlotte testing for the upcoming race.

Thanks for all your concerns and well wishes.

John Miller
Mike Edwards Motorsports

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back