Put Erica back in a Camaro !!!! (1 Viewer)

I think Elite bit off a little more than they could chew with this MOPAR deal not having the knowledge that the Johnsons accumulated over the years of finessing the Hemi. Kinda back when Shumacher decided to run P/S in his stable but didn't have a clue of how to make it happen. Sticking with Nitro is his comfort zone and I don't think he'll step out of it anytime soon. Instead of bringing a book of matches to the bridge, I think that Elite and the Johnsons could have worked together.

Regardless of a Camaro, did they have a head start on EFI? They still might struggle even with a Camaro if their EFI program is not up to speed.

Now a DNQ. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to go from a top of the heap Chevy to a bottom of the heap turd Mopar.

Yes it will be very exciting watching all camaros next year. Death of Pro Stock coming soon to a track near you. If this was happening in PSM, they would fix it quickly. Even you diehard Chevy guys will get bored. Kind of like Schumaker winning run enough cars and you will

and if they don't, it will be like when the Nobiles' switched from Mopar.....fans (like me) will drop them like a hot potato

I got an idea.....Mopar give all your support and $$$$ to V Gaines and get him back out there having FUN

and if they don't, it will be like when the Nobiles' switched from Mopar.....fans (like me) will drop them like a hot potato

I got an idea.....Mopar give all your support and $$$$ to V Gaines and get him back out there having FUN
I'm having the same problem in Nascar. I have always been an SHR and Chevy fan but they are moving to Ford next year and I haven't decided if I'm going to root for SHR or switch to HMS next year.:)

I'm having the same problem in Nascar. I have always been an SHR and Chevy fan but they are moving to Ford next year and I haven't decided if I'm going to root for SHR or switch to HMS next year.:)

I am still shocked SHR is moving to Ford. They had a pretty sweet gig. They basically got all of their chassis, engines and support from Hendrick at a severely discounted rate. Next year they will be building their own chassis and running their own engine shop. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

As for the topic at hand, since the demise of Wayne County, there has only been 1 man that could get the Hemis to run, and that is Roy Johnson. If Elite is indeed leaving the Mopar fold, I would love to see that factory Mopar deal go back to the Johnsons and maybe they add a second car.

... As for the topic at hand, since the demise of Wayne County, there has only been 1 man that could get the Hemis to run, and that is Roy Johnson. If Elite is indeed leaving the Mopar fold, I would love to see that factory Mopar deal go back to the Johnsons and maybe they add a second car.

Agreed, but the thing you have to ask is what's in it for Mopar? The Dart is extinct for 2017, so "win on Sunday; sell on Monday" is out the window. And that's not to even mention that Pro Stock is on its last dying breath.... I've been a long time Pro Stock fan, but honestly with the class being 95% one make and model, I've lost interest.

If this was happening in PSM, they would fix it quickly.

The don't have the nads to fixe the existing problem in PSM, so I wouldn't hold your breath.......

Like when we dropped them like hot potatoes when they switched from Chevy's? Lol! But yeah, I like the second part of your post.

As for the topic at hand, since the demise of Wayne County, there has only been 1 man that could get the Hemis to run, and that is Roy Johnson. If Elite is indeed leaving the Mopar fold, I would love to see that factory Mopar deal go back to the Johnsons and maybe they add a second car.

Wayne County never actually made the Hemi's runs, and because of that, yes, all the Mopar money should go back to them to expand to a two-car team that can actually make some racket. It's obvious they wanted EE in their camp, so if the same money was offered out of the AJ camp, she would follow.

I will go on record saying that I am kind of split on all of this. I would've though that if anybody out there was capable of making a Hemi run besides Roy, it would've been Nick, or a group of people that included Nick. On the other hand, they got all of their stuff late to start with, so they were forced to figure out how to flog the unfamiliar combination while also being forced to try to compete. I would be very interested in seeing how much they could improve on that combination with a full off-season without the distraction of having to actually race.....

Sean D

Erica and Jeg are grear drivers and I hope Richards decision will put them back to being competitive, this sport needs it, it also is begging for rivalries, I would like to see that in all catagories.

I wonder if the RPM rule is what is killing the Hemis....they breathe fantastic and were always great on the top end run, but with less rpm allowed they don't get there in time....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back