Put Erica back in a Camaro !!!! (1 Viewer)

Now everyone can see just how tough it is to get a Mopar to run under this configuration. Nick Ferri has proven to be one of the greatest minds in 500-inch normally aspirated racing, yet they're struggling (just like anyone that has followed this class with any loyalty was expecting......).

Sean D
When he & Jeg had their short lived Mopar operation they were going nowhere. Jeggie moved over to the Allen Johnson camp (J&J) and he notched another championship. Maybe Ferri just can't make a Mopar run. J&J has been the most successful Dodge this year. Mopar made a mistake pulling their sponsorship from J&J.

Rumor says that Jeg and EE are back in Camaros next year as the Mopar deal was a one year contract.

You need to stop thinking of PM replacing PS. The new PM schedule is expanded to 12 events for '17, and if you read or listen to any PM racer interviews, you'll see that they don't want to add many more. Like everyone else, what they do need is more sponsorship to increase round money. As far as PS, 14 or so Camaros out of 16 is just going to continue to kill the class.

When he & Jeg had their short lived Mopar operation they were going nowhere. Jeggie moved over to the Allen Johnson camp (J&J) and he notched another championship. Maybe Ferri just can't make a Mopar run. J&J has been the most successful Dodge this year. Mopar made a mistake pulling their sponsorship from J&J.

You're right to a certain degree, but you can't ignore your own words, that being, "short lived". Maybe Nick can't make a Mopar run, but it's literally comparing apples to oranges. Their stint with Jeggie was indeed short lived, and the current situation really isn't any better. As I said before, they didn't get their stuff until it was almost time to race, so what did anybody expect? And keep in mind the most important part of comparing the Elite (or anyone else that tried to get a Mopar to run in Pro Stock) to Roy Johnson; how long did it take for Roy to get to a level where he was a factor? They were also-rans for years.........YEARS.

But like everyone else, I think Mopar did a sh!tty thing by taking the money from J&J to start with. I'm a dyed in the wool Chevrolet guy, but how can you not have mad respect not only for how they've gotten their program to the level it is, but more so for sticking with it during all the lean years and not jumping ship like everyone has when they couldn't get one to run.

Sean D

Jegs is one of my favorite drivers out there but it seems whenever the performance drops off in the car he is driving, he retires.

Jegs is one of my favorite drivers out there but it seems whenever the performance drops off in the car he is driving, he retires.

that's the luxury of coming from money. u can retire and unretired till your hearts content. you never see 'blue collar' racers, throw away a fully funded ride, regardless of their 'on track' results.

And when he "unretires", he conveniently aligns himself with a championship team. However, if he gets out and comes back again, somehow I doubt he'll come back with KB racing. :D

hadn't been here for a while, but I figured this was a good place to eat crow. years ago I protested DblE being a "Pro Stock Ace" in a ND article. She now has MANY event wallys (any one of which would qualify the Ace title) and a couple National Championships under her belt, which would qualify her as one of the best drivers on the planet. So with a little chagrin and mucho thanks for the years of entertainment you have provided,(love her trees), I humbly ask forgiveness for being a doubter and hope to see you in a Camaro and at the top again next year Erica.
Mikey

OK, Here's the answer to Pro Stock and everyone will get to see there Brand or Model on the track. NHRA just remove requirement on manufacture motor used in race car and everyone race with a 500 cu in of choice, such as Big Block Chevy. Fab Shops, Engine Builders, all markets of products used would prosper, everybody is happy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back