Put Erica back in a Camaro !!!! (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
Call mopar and explain, that your still not where u need to be, performance wise and ask 'is it ok to put Erica back in a camaro' for remaining races for 2016 and promise, she'll be back in the dodge starting 2017. I'm being facetious, of course, and perhaps the money dodge is paying them, Dwarfs any purse, the pro stock class offers. Erica continues to amaze, on the tree and watching her race, this year, is like watching Eddie Van Halen play a Ukulele ! If erica was in an elite Camaro, similar to Nobiles, she would clinch the championship by the 4th or 5th race of the countdown, even with a 9th place start.

Call mopar and explain, that your still not where u need to be, performance wise and ask 'is it ok to put Erica back in a camaro' for remaining races for 2016 and promise, she'll be back in the dodge starting 2017. I'm being facetious, of course, and perhaps the money dodge is paying them, Dwarfs any purse, the pro stock class offers. Erica continues to amaze, on the tree and watching her race, this year, is like watching Eddie Van Halen play a Ukulele ! If erica was in an elite Camaro, similar to Nobiles, she would clinch the championship by the 4th or 5th race of the countdown, even with a 9th place start.

It's the intake manifold!

Now everyone can see just how tough it is to get a Mopar to run under this configuration. Nick Ferri has proven to be one of the greatest minds in 500-inch normally aspirated racing, yet they're struggling (just like anyone that has followed this class with any loyalty was expecting......).

Sean D

It's the intake manifold!

Please help me understand this. I've always heard that the Mopar engines need more flow -- which I equate to, more oxygen. Is that correct? If so, how was Allen Johnson able to win at Bandimere (again)? And please be more specific than simply saying, Roy Johnson!

Last edited:
The first part of the answer is Roy Johnson, Allen has been closest the top most of the year, even when Elite was performing worse then they are now. IF Mopar would of stayed with Allen, and Roy had a few more outlets for information Allen might be higher than he is now. Summit got good manifold information from the start and had an advantage early on, it is pretty much gone now.

I was fortunate enough to catch Greg with some downtime on Sunday morning and was able to talk to him for a while, he stated the biggest restriction right now, for Summit is, the rev limiter. He stated they gave up almost 2000 rpm, if they had it back they would be running the same numbers as when they had carbs.

I imagine all the big teams have the same issue. Allen might be in the same position, looking for rpm as opposed to actual power, although Roy admittedly said they are down on hp. Elite stepped way out of their comfort zone when they stole Mopar away from Allen. Personally I like the fact Elite is failing to get the Hemis to run. I do feel really bad for Erica though, I would like to see her win.

Mark, if it was just the intake manifold wouldn't Elite just apply what they've learned from Vincent's intake and heads to the Mopar short block?

Please help me understand this. I've always heard that the Mopar engines need more flow -- which I equate to, more oxygen. Is that correct? If so, how was Allan Johnson able to win at Bandimere (again)? And please be more specific than simply saying, Roy Johnson!

Yes, these guys are starting to catch up, but they're still a LONG ways away. Only 3 cars have that Hogan manifold and nobody has it quite figured out.

Also remember that Jason Line has ties to NASCAR. Remember, He used to work on the engine side on Joe Gibbs racing.

Mark, if it was just the intake manifold wouldn't Elite just apply what they've learned from Vincent's intake and heads to the Mopar short block?

the interesting thing is, there are 3 more elite powered Camaros that not even on the same planet as Vincent's car ??

With regard to RPM, I had a great talk with Jason Line and Chris Mcgaha at the finals last year. I asked what kind of rpm jason was turning. He looked awkwardly at Chris and said 11800 or close to it (I believe). Chris was shocked. I then asked Chris what rom he runs and he said they were turning like 10400 or something like that. I asked how much power each made; they had a very honest discussion with me and each other, since as Jason put it, it doesn't matter now. Jason said he makes (with carbs ) around 1440 ( I think) and Chris said he made about 1400.

Very cool talk with those guys. I don't think they ever talked like that before.

Jon

That's why the KB guys were dominating, At first the other teams kept scratching their heads thinking that they were cheating or so but when they realized that they were a way much higher rpm. The faster you can get the air/fuel thru the motor via engine cycles in 1320 ft. the more dominate you will be.

I wonder how many valve springs they went thru in a weekend?

That's why the KB guys were dominating, At first the other teams kept scratching their heads thinking that they were cheating or so but when they realized that they were a way much higher rpm. The faster you can get the air/fuel thru the motor via engine cycles in 1320 ft. the more dominate you will be.

That's why it was so shocking how dominant they were in the first 2/3 of this season because the new rule wiped out their RPM advantage. They definitely got on top of the induction side of EFI better than anyone else in the beginning. I will also say this, I am not really a Team Summit superfan, but it will be a gosh darned tragedy if the Countdown screws them out of a Championship.

That's why it was so shocking how dominant they were in the first 2/3 of this season because the new rule wiped out their RPM advantage. They definitely got on top of the induction side of EFI better than anyone else in the beginning. I will also say this, I am not really a Team Summit superfan, but it will be a gosh darned tragedy if the Countdown screws them out of a Championship.

I agree, after their awesome season start, earning a huge points lead, it would be tragic if the CD system robs them.

team summit has already won this year by staying out in front of jegs and grabbing headlines and tv time. i don't see that changing in the countdown either. jason and greg are very vulnerable rite now. i hope they take it all too but you never know.

as much as I hung around the pro stock pits last year, I can remember them checking them and adjusting but never remember seeing one changed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back