Erica Enders (1 Viewer)

I miss the times I was in the pit side stands at E-Town during the Summernats and heard the shouts from the NJ/NYC bettors making big money bets on each of the Pro Stock runs....guys yelling "c'mon Glidden! Give WJ a drivin lesson! Gimme 50 on Shepard!"

I went to a Pro Mod show at E-Town in the early 90's....the first ever Nitrous Nats I believe it was called. A whole show based on those cars. I even put together a photo album of the event. I don't think any amount of SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY commercials would bring as big a crowd for a Pro Stock only day.....then or now

I don't think any amount of SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY commercials would bring as big a crowd for a Pro Stock only day.....then or now

This is a good point. Fans filing out of the stands for Pro Stock is not a recent phenomenon. I think sometimes we get bogged down on current car counts or watching what the fans do now and maybe forget that it has been that way for the 25+ years I have been going to National Events, probably longer. Nitro is loud and sexy, Pro Stock is a thinking man's game. It has been ever thus.

Just read on Comp Plus the article about Erica's team only set to run 15 events. What does it say about the class when the reigning world champ can only secure funding for 15 races? And a FEMALE champ no less. If Danica Patrick won any type of NASCAR title, does anyone think she would have problems securing the money to run the whole series? Doubtful. Afraid it also speaks volumes about NHRA's marketability.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back