What's John Force do now? (1 Viewer)

Drag racing gets in your blood and many a driver has come out of retirement, but if Scelzi's telling it like it is in that interview, and I'll assume he is - he'd be a nut to even consider it. The man's reached drag racing's summit already - why would he?

Now, about those sons of his.....:)

Carl,

I think, if the boys race professionally, or even semi-pro, it will be in left turn racing... or maybe even in left, right, left, ect.

d'kid

And I read that to mean the exact opposite, That he does not want to, he's happy away from the sport, he's enjoying life, and he would come back, reluctantly, but only if Zippy asked and was tuning...

There are people that WANT to be out there, I don't think that Gary really does.

d'kid

re-read it to see what it really says, and think between the lines. He has a happy life and he loves where he's at but the itch for a comeback will always be there and I am only saying a possibly final season return, he never had a formal retirement and i'm sure he's at least burning to make a final outing season as a championship or a top 5 at worst top ten with one last win. he's not reluctant what so ever, he just makes it clear on what terms he would ever consider coming back for.

Same with Bazemore, Do i think he's done, no, one day he'll go after an offer that is the way he wants it to be on his terms.

Carl,

I think, if the boys race professionally, or even semi-pro, it will be in left turn racing... or maybe even in left, right, left, ect.

Could be, Karl. The nice thing is that they have plenty of time to plan their lives. Lots of promising young racers wind up going pro or quite often something entirely different. They have a good Dad and presumably a good Mom; they'll do well.

If Mike Neff is succesful as driver/crew chief and is asked to give up the drivers seat in 2012 he could be a high commodity at the free agent level. Or, he'll happily step out of the drivers seat, resume crew chief duties knowing his time will come again at JFR.

Personally there are to many unknowns for 2011 and excitement to care about 2012 yet.

Damn I hope I don't have to sit through a 2 part interview with Ashley Force during the Pomona broadcast.

If John did switch over to Top Fuel and run with brittney he could drive another 20 years, hell look at the Greek? That and it would be fun watching him take on new blood like Tony Shoe, Doug K, Clay Millican, and more.

I'd go for that....although I'm not sure John would. He's king of the heap where he is and you can bet he'd like to remain there. I remember when Bernstein made the switch from FC to TF. He went from hero to zero in 4.5 seconds. Of course he eventually got better - LOTS better - but it took him 2-3 seasons. I'm not sure John has the patience to wait 2-3 minutes.

A wild guess as for Force down the road? Neff, John and Courtney in the 3 floppers, Brittney in a dragster IF they decide to bring TF into their operation and IF she decides that's really what she wants to do.

I look for Hight to be phased out of the car itself, possibly beginning in 2012. His new position will eventually mandate that he get out of the drivers' seat. Ashley will have her hands full with her family and new position in the company, so don't look for her to return anytime soon.

All of the above subject to Castrol and Ford's approval. ;)

I look for Hight to be phased out of the car itself, possibly beginning in 2012.

I think that's a little extreme, I don't see it going down like that. I see courtney or brittany in a fueler, but brittany is a big strech cause her plans for her life right now dont really say drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back