John Force (1 Viewer)

megadeth

Nitro Member
Is it me or does John sound and look like he isn't himself ? :confused:
It's like he is missing that drive that got him to the top!

Ashley is running strong so is Robert but Force doesn't seem to have that fight in him anymore! If this was John a few years ago he would be upset and do what ever it takes to right the ship but he almost seems complacent, yea he goes throught the top end interviews and claims he needs to get the program on tract but his performance doesn't follow suite!
Austin and Bernie didn't all of a sudden wake up stupid yet Ashley has been qualifying well do you think they are putting all the effort into the "Next Generation" and John is content to be the 3rd car team?

This is not meant to slam Team Force I just find it a little odd that he hasn't got it sorted out yet like in the past!

Force was DEEPLY affected by the events in Gainsville, more than he will let on. Let's all keep supporting him and the team. It may take some time but he will be back. Having lost people close to me, sometimes you go through the motions for a while. Give them some time, he will be back. He also stated yesterday they have changed everything on the car but the chassis, my guess is that is next.

I agree with Dave. He hasn't seemed the same after losing Eric. He still seems to get pumped up about Robert and Ashley, but he doesn't seem like the same old John Force. I miss those crazy interviews....

I'm with you guys. I was just telling some friends today that I'm really concerned about John. I have to agree with Dave, I think that Eric's death has alot to do with it. But I will always support Team Force and of course John since he is my favorite. If he never wins again I will still love him.:)

I have also read that they are using his car as the test car for new parts, etc. Don't know if that is true or not but saw it at a couple of reputable sites.

MAYBE (I have no insider knowledge) given the poor start and the, relative, good start of Ashley and Robert, John might be O.K. being the test guy for new stuff?
I think it's obvious that he's getting a lot of enjoyment out of Ashley's success and her profile in the media.
And I agree, Eric's death has affected him deeply.

John is paid big bucks by Castrol to win championships...Bottom line...I am sure Eric's accident threw him for some emotional set-backs but his job/employment is to put Castrol colors in the winners circle...
Ashley is doing well but she could never fill the stands like her father and the Castrol reps know that...that is why the Castrol deal was put together by his group..w/ her as a support car...Take away John Force and the JFR team would never be the same...
The fact is the funny car 'pack' has caught up to team Force and wins are not as often/easy as they once were...
JFR is very into 'himself' so I am sure he wants to be in the winners box more than we could imagine....

John is paid big bucks by Castrol to win championships...Bottom line...I am sure Eric's accident threw him for some emotional set-backs but his job/employment is to put Castrol colors in the winners circle...
Ashley is doing well but she could never fill the stands like her father and the Castrol reps know that...that is why the Castrol deal was put together by his group..w/ her as a support car...Take away John Force and the JFR team would never be the same...
The fact is the funny car 'pack' has caught up to team Force and wins are not as often/easy as they once were...
JFR is very into 'himself' so I am sure he wants to be in the winners box more than we could imagine....

Huh? She'll never fill the stands like her father??? Why not, Terry? John wasn't a grandstand attraction for the first 15 years of his career... Ashley inside of her first season is a national news representitive, the new face of the Association, and I'm sure she is making Castrol VERY happy that she is in their camp... John established the foundation for the ground she walks on, but like most skyscrapers of prominance, most people don't want the view from the foundation, and Ashley is the best corner office (with a view :D) anyone can ask for.. She'll do just fine packing the stands, and John knows it.

And John taking over as the test car (a duty primarially reserved for the Medlin's car) seems like an honor he would gladly shoulder..

Last edited:
Ashley Force is the future of Castrol's Marketing Program. John isn't. He has stated over and over about the "Next Generation. Eric's money went to Ashley and they were runnng his car out of their TV money (supposedly). I think (if I remember what I heard correctly) that after John's slow start that the emphasis was put on Robert and Ashley.

Castrol would not pay John the big dollars to be a 'test' car.....
Remember...John seals the deals w/ the sponsors.....He put together every deal w/ his daughters car....She is doing very well.....I have no problem w/ the situation as w/ JFR's car struggling it makes the season more interesting...And as we all know the JFR primary car will not be a first round loser for long...

Castrol would not pay John the big dollars to be a 'test' car.....
Remember...John seals the deals w/ the sponsors.....He put together every deal w/ his daughters car....She is doing very well.....I have no problem w/ the situation as w/ JFR's car struggling it makes the season more interesting...And as we all know the JFR primary car will not be a first round loser for long...

Wow...You still think the contracts are written with John in mind? :rolleyes:

They moved past that during the introduction of the "Next Generation" campaign. The major players are on board for the JFR Operation...

Force was DEEPLY affected by the events in Gainsville, more than he will let on. Let's all keep supporting him and the team. It may take some time but he will be back. Having lost people close to me, sometimes you go through the motions for a while. Give them some time, he will be back. He also stated yesterday they have changed everything on the car but the chassis, my guess is that is next.

very good post! in national dragster a few weeks ago john had a tear jerking article saying when he finds eric again he will find his heart. john is not himself it seems, and i believe he is the test car, he has nothing to prove anymore. but john will be o.k, oh yeah and terry please put down the wiskey, your posts make no sense.

In my opinion..John will be fine. Nobody wants to go rounds more than John does. But when he has so much more on his plate..and ends up not advancing..I believe he gets just as much satisfaction watching Ash & Robert go rounds.

And do you honestly believe Castrol would vacate Force racing if John doesn't win?? pfft..

Ashley Force is the future of Castrol's Marketing Program. John isn't. He has stated over and over about the "Next Generation. Eric's money went to Ashley and they were runnng his car out of their TV money (supposedly). I think (if I remember what I heard correctly) that after John's slow start that the emphasis was put on Robert and Ashley.

I'm not sure this entirely true - unless you have seen a contract that the rest of us are not privy to. If Castrol wants to attract new fans to fill the stands, they need to start advertising Ashley on mainstream motorsports telecasts.

I'm not sure this entirely true - unless you have seen a contract that the rest of us are not privy to. If Castrol wants to attract new fans to fill the stands, they need to start advertising Ashley on mainstream motorsports telecasts.

And they haven't? Have not you not seen the promo they have put behind her? USA Today? Full page ad. Chicago Tribune? Full page interview the weekend of the Joliet race? Every ESPN telecast this year? Where have you been? The entire A&E series? Get real! I love John Force and have since the '70's. Some of you guys need to stop sniffing the brake clean. Not trying to piss anyone off but I have worked in marketing for a major American company for over 20 years. Yes, I do know some people in the industry. Not saying that I am privy to inside information that others are not, but get real. Not picking on you personally. We all have our opinions and emotions but smell what is cooking in the kitchen.

edit: Once again, I am not someone to stir the pot. I do not want to irritate anyone. The fact is, Ashley is the focus...period. John even said so on the broadcast tonight. If you owned a business who would you want to represent you...John or Ashley? John laid the groundwork and the torch is being passed to Robert and Ashley. Ashley being #1 and Robert being #2. It's all about marketability and John is pushing 60 years old. End of story.

Last edited:
The only to Smell in the kitchen is cookies. Not Nitro... All this talk about John not Being the same is TRUE.. He is NOT in the winners circle very much any more. Plain and simple. whats changed ask his crew. If prock can crack off wins so can John.. oh it's different over there in camp AAA.. I think not. after all Coil has final say on every thing, if what they say is true. All that matters is on race day when his Crew can't put his car in the second or 3rd Round. There IS something wrong. And it's not JOHN.

The only to Smell in the kitchen is cookies. Not Nitro... All this talk about John not Being the same is TRUE.. He is NOT in the winners circle very much any more. Plain and simple. whats changed ask his crew. If prock can crack off wins so can John.. oh it's different over there in camp AAA.. I think not. after all Coil has final say on every thing, if what they say is true. All that matters is on race day when his Crew can't put his car in the second or 3rd Round. There IS something wrong. And it's not JOHN.

I agree. But there is more to it than him "not being the same" as you stated. We have all seen it.

Here's my two cents (probably worth much less?)

If you watch the run John made today you will see that he rattled the tires, lifted and jumped back on the throttle as quickly as I've ever seen in all my many years of watching these drivers. I'd say that was not only a show of quality driving skill but an all-out attempt to win that race. It just so happened that Beckman didn't hick-up and John couldn't catch him.

I'll also agree with those who said that JFR's loss of Eric has been quite personal. John feels as if this great young man was partially his creation and the loss was equivalent to losing a son, not to mention working day in and day out with the man who actually did lose his son in John's car.

I believe John is a smarter business man than many give him credit for. He IS, in fact grooming this next generation to be the reason his sponsors continue to remain loyal to JRF. He knows he's going to relinquish his seat to this next generation but he has no intentions of closing shop. He is preparing his business plan in such a fashion that profitability will be better than ever for all parties involved. He's not forgotten what it's like to be less than rich and I doubt he will ever have to experience it again.

Suffice it to say that he's still winning but now it's at the finance game. While others are knocking themselves to do what he's already done - win races, he's putting his efforts into the big picture - being the most $ucce$$ful, and I'd say he's winning big!

Is there another team that has better synergy, talent, funding and resources at their disposal? I'm not aware of any? He's still winning!!

Here's my two cents (probably worth much less?)

If you watch the run John made today you will see that he rattled the tires, lifted and jumped back on the throttle as quickly as I've ever seen in all my many years of watching these drivers. I'd say that was not only a show of quality driving skill but an all-out attempt to win that race. It just so happened that Beckman didn't hick-up and John couldn't catch him.

I'll also agree with those who said that JFR's loss of Eric has been quite personal. John feels as if this great young man was partially his creation and the loss was equivalent to losing a son, not to mention working day in and day out with the man who actually did lose his son in John's car.

I believe John is a smarter business man than many give him credit for. He IS, in fact grooming this next generation to be the reason his sponsors continue to remain loyal to JRF. He knows he's going to relinquish his seat to this next generation but he has no intentions of closing shop. He is preparing his business plan in such a fashion that profitability will be better than ever for all parties involved. He's not forgotten what it's like to be less than rich and I doubt he will ever have to experience it again.

Suffice it to say that he's still winning but now it's at the finance game. While others are knocking themselves to do what he's already done - win races, he's putting his efforts into the big picture - being the most $ucce$$ful, and I'd say he's winning big!

Is there another team that has better synergy, talent, funding and resources at their disposal? I'm not aware of any? He's still winning!!

Very well said Bobby! I couldn't agree with you more. :)

Y'all know this thread just thew out the theory that the driver just step on the pedal and the crew chief does all the work.

Anyway John will be back, we all know that. Its just the they are going thru tuff times which I think started before Eric's accident.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back