The John Force hate - I just don't get it. :/ (1 Viewer)

AND you would lose almost all of the sponsors until new stars emerged ... started winning lots of races and championships ... adding cars ... attracting sponsors ... in other words started the cycle all over again. But could NHRA generate enough revenue to survive the interim? Maybe ... Maybe not. With JFR and DSR in the mix, NHRA and more importantly, we as fans don't have to worry about it.

Like I said early in this thread ... all of the John Force haters will be talking about the good old days of John Force when he is gone.
Chris, I agree with you and Bernie.

If those part-timers couldn't put together consistently-great runs, then fans would lose interest and everything would plummet.

Most people aren't going to show-up for a race where maybe 50% of the cars have the potential to put together a weekend's worth of runs.

Plus, you lose a huge amount of name value and that's something that's very important.

One thing to consider here, the part-timers might not be under as much pressure to rotate the earth in order to compete with the big dollar teams, so they may be more likely to get down the track under power....just a thought.

No doubt Force and his gang present the chief rival for me as a fan. Their presence is welcome and needed. And a huge aspect of why FC is so great. Often said how great it would be to have one side of the stands filled with JFR shirts and the other side filled with ppl DSR, Wilk, Tasca, Pedregon fans etc. the key here would "stands filled" As much as i root against JFR I hope John has 5 more years in him.

The thing that bothered me the most during the Arizona Nationals was not the ESPN2 coverage of Force. I mean that's a decision by the producers of the show and nothing to hold against John Force Racing. My contention all along is if you want to get on TV then beat the juggernaut.

My problem was watching two first round opponents ride together through the staging lanes on a scotter. Really? You would think or hope that Funny Car takes a different mindset in First Round than sharing a scotter, and smiling, with your first round opponent. Of course I am speaking of Courtney and John Force.

I probably just take Funny Car to seriously.

She's his "baby girl," what the hell would you do?

I just like the fact that john force takes drag racing so seriously. I mean if you are going to do it do it to the best of what you are able to do with the means that you have.

I mean if you need new cylinder heads and they cost say so many thoudands of dollars but then you go out and buy the latest fanciest tv or something else along those lines then you suddenly can't afford those cylinder heads that you need to be competitive. Thats not going to help your racing.

You look at the guys who have had success in racing they werent all rich and they werent all champions but they put as much as they could into their racing effort because that was what they wanted to do.

John Force did that and thats what got him where his is now he wasn't rich but he put everything he could into it and by doing that he managed to get the right people and have the success to get the sponsors and stuff that it takes to keep going.

Remember it didn't happen over night, you see new teams and people come out and its like their first race and they are saying they are going to win the race and win the world championship. It took John Force allmost 18 years to win a world championship for the first time in 1990 and he didn't even win a nhra race until 1987 and was racing since the early 70's.

John Force did not come from money and he did not exactly have mechanical know how to tune his own car, he didn't tune himself he found the right people.

Last edited:
One thing to consider here, the part-timers might not be under as much pressure to rotate the earth in order to compete with the big dollar teams, so they may be more likely to get down the track under power....just a thought.

Every drag racer I know wants to rotate the earth... :cool:

If ESPN2 didn't show the races, what would you all be complaining about? I remember waaaaay back, ABC Wide World of Sports would show a Major Dragrace once in a while in the 70's. Now we get broadcasts of all 23 races!
Never on time though. It's the producers, who cram the Forces' down our throat. Not John... I bet Paul Page has wet dreams about being John's prison lover. Now Paul should be the one on this whipping post.

I just like the fact that john force takes drag racing so seriously. I mean if you are going to do it do it to the best of what you are able to do with the means that you have.

I mean if you need new cylinder heads and they cost say so many thoudands of dollars but then you go out and buy the latest fanciest tv or something else along those lines then you suddenly can't afford those cylinder heads that you need to be competitive. Thats not going to help your racing.

You look at the guys who have had success in racing they werent all rich and they werent all champions but they put as much as they could into their racing effort because that was what they wanted to do.

John Force did that and thats what got him where his is now he wasn't rich but he put everything he could into it and by doing that he managed to get the right people and have the success to get the sponsors and stuff that it takes to keep going.

Remember it didn't happen over night, you see new teams and people come out and its like their first race and they are saying they are going to win the race and win the world championship. It took John Force allmost 18 years to win a world championship for the first time in 1990 and he didn't even win a nhra race until 1987 and was racing since the early 70's.

John Force did not come from money and he did not exactly have mechanical know how to tune his own car, he didn't tune himself he found the right people.

Post of the week!

A really good post,William.

Have any of you guys seen the film "Madison" about the U-6 Miss Madison unlimited Hydroplane winning the Gold Cup under near impossible odds. Thats the same kind of dedication that people like John Force have. To them racing is everything and they would sell their own souls to do it.

I remember an article on comp plus where The Mongoose talks about Snake and Garlits. He says that the reason those guys were so succesfull and won all the time was because THEY HAD NO LIFE! not in a bad way but drag racing was their life drag racing was their purpose their reason to get up in the morning.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I agree that Snake and Garlits would do whatever it took to win. Like Tony Stewart said last winter, "I'd spin my own mother out to win". It's how I happen to like my heroes. But that's not Force, at least not now. These day's it's all about money. How many times do we need to hear him say, "Castrol and Ford pay JFR a lot of money to win championships"? Snake raced to win, period. Garlits was by all accounts a horrible loser. Anyone here imagine Bob Glidden intentionally driving out of the groove AT INDY no less, just so his son could advance the standings? That isn't winning at all costs, it's using your position to dictate the outcome. It's cheating to lose.

wen u tank a race, u r not a racer anymore, u r a marketing partner;) sports figure,, sponsor representative etc: it is typical of the world we live n,, very few genuine & honest people left in this world wen there is money involved just pure facts:eek:

the truth will set u free:D

wen u tank a race, u r not a racer anymore, u r a marketing partner;) sports figure,, sponsor representative etc: it is typical of the world we live n,, very few genuine & honest people left in this world wen there is money involved just pure facts:eek:

the truth will set u free:D

OMG !!! You did not just type that in a John Force Theard !!!!!

Castrol and Ford do pay John Force alot of money and he is not lieing with saying they pay him to win. I mean can you imagine what kind of contract that guy has and what the requirement his sponsors expect from him.

All his sponsors have to do is say "We want you to do this if you don't we will take our money elsewhere".

I'm not following this line of thinking. Are you implying that John Force is not a viable representative of Castrol unless he throws races? Do you think that Castrol and Ford are proud of the fact that the fix was so obvious that even Mike Dunn, the announcer stated it on national TV, at the biggest race of the year? If Castrol left, I doubt JFR would cease to exist. There'd be another name on the side of the car before the day was through, but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

I guess it is about priorities...win one mid-race round or win a championship?

IMO, in the current environment, a real "winner" does whatever it takes to win a championship since winning a race doesn't seem to mean much anymore; these days it is all about "going rounds". And if that means sometimes looking at the big picture and not worrying about a round win then so be it, that it is a result of making everything about the points...

and again, IMO, if you don't do EVERYTHING to win a championship, including looking at the big picture and not a single round of racing, you aren't doing everything you could to win

not necessarily how I'd like to see things, but that is the way things are.

I guess it is about priorities...win one mid-race round or win a championship?

IMO, in the current environment, a real "winner" does whatever it takes to win a championship since winning a race doesn't seem to mean much anymore; these days it is all about "going rounds". And if that means sometimes looking at the big picture and not worrying about a round win then so be it, that it is a result of making everything about the points...

and again, IMO, if you don't do EVERYTHING to win a championship, including looking at the big picture and not a single round of racing, you aren't doing everything you could to win

not necessarily how I'd like to see things, but that is the way things are.

So if we use that line of thinking of a "winner" doing whatever it take. Is anything off the table ? Even breaking something of a competitor destroying there equipment ? Where do you draw the line ? Maybe these guys crossing the centerline were trying to take each other out. To do whatever it takes.
I would like to think not but now adays you never know. Like someone said earlier about doing for the win. I can only answer for myself. If someone rolled over and LET ME WIN. I inside myself would know I was not a real WINNER.

So if we use that line of thinking of a "winner" doing whatever it take. Is anything off the table ? Even breaking something of a competitor destroying there equipment ?

Yes, that does happen. The GM guys did it to the Dodge boys when they broke in their shop and busted their engines up. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back