The John Force hate - I just don't get it. :/ (1 Viewer)

I just want to thank ESPN2 for showing the first round of Top Fuel. Sure there were talks of doing all Force and just putting up the TF results via a ladder before Funny Car 1st round.

You asked a question and people are giving you an answer! If you don't want to hear why people don't like him, don't ask! Put down your JFR kool-aid and watch that race against Hight again and tell me he didn't throw the race. Dead late and drove the car directly towards the wall. A person with as much seat time as John doesn't drive dead right at the hit!

This.

Yeah think about it. If Trump didn't own trump enterprise. Where would
he work. You force kool aid drinks need the straws. There are no straws to
grab.

Uhhh... This argument you're so intent on making has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

But...

John Force could be a PR/Marketing manager for any company that he wanted. He's incredibly proficient at securing sponsors and keeping them happy. You think those sponsors take care of themselves?

And if Trump didn't work for Trump Enterprises, he would start a different company and become a billionaire doing that because that's what he's talented at and meant to do. Like John when it comes to what he does -- securing sponsors and winning championships.

Last edited:
The history: " ... Hight ... Countdown ..." ... yeah we know all that.

Rolling forward to 2012 ...

Pomona: He wins on a 'holeshot' against a massively late Mike Neff, who is no snoozer.

Vegas: He gets 'left on' by Courtney Force, (she's late, he's very late) and he smokes the tyres for good measure.

Say what you like about DSR and the others ... at least you can be pretty sure they are actually racing.

With this lot ... well, I sometimes have my doubts.

Two Quick Question

Do They Call IT "THE BIG SHOW" or "The Big Race"?

And do more than one out of every five thousand people even give a hoot?:eek:
Call it the 'W.W.E.' on wheels

d'kid

It should be called "The big race" I have heard the words "The big show" so many times that if I hear the word show anymore I am going to scream well not really but come on there is a race going on here.

The history: " ... Hight ... Countdown ..." ... yeah we know all that.

Rolling forward to 2012 ...

Pomona: He wins on a 'holeshot' against a massively late Mike Neff, who is no snoozer.

Vegas: He gets 'left on' by Courtney Force, (she's late, he's very late) and he smokes the tyres for good measure.

Say what you like about DSR and the others ... at least you can be pretty sure they are actually racing.

With this lot ... well, I sometimes have my doubts.

No one cares about DSR. John Force is the most charismatic person in ALL of motorsport and fully deserves every accolade/drop of ink/second of airtime he gets.

Uhhh... This argument you're so intent on making has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

But...

John Force could be a PR/Marketing manager for any company that he wanted. He's incredibly proficient at securing sponsors and keeping them happy. You think those sponsors take care of themselves?

And if Trump didn't work for Trump Enterprises, he would start a different company and become a billionaire doing that because that's what he's talented at and meant to do. Like John when it comes to what he does -- securing sponsors and winning championships.

If we use that line of thinking. We could say Hey if Jerry Lee Lewis didn't make it big playing the piano, He had a good career selling vaccum cleaners. You have no way of proving how trump or force would have turned out. There are no gurantees in life. Wonder how this discuss would have went if Ford and all sponsors would have pulled out when he DID lay down.

Last edited:
If we use that line of thinking. We could say Hey if Jerry Lee Lewis didn't make it big playing the piano, He had a good career selling vaccum cleaners. You have no way of proving how trump or force would have turned out. There are no gurantees in life. Wonder how this discuss would have went if Ford and all sponsors would have pulled out when he DID lay down.

HUH.......................... :confused:

The dog woulda caught the rabbit, if..................................

Ratings have been dropping......while the lips keep popping.
It ain't no coincidence. JMHO.

:::Drag Racing Online::: Burk's Blast - In the real world NHRA’s race broadcasts would’ve been canceled long ago - 4/12/2011
"But that isn’t the case when the ratings for the NHRA TV broadcasts have been between .5 and .8 of a Nielsen rating point for the past couple of years. Each tenth of a rating point equals 100,000 household TV sets tuned into NHRA drag racing. That doesn’t compute to millions of viewers of a broadcast does it?

In the real world a TV show with those kinds of ratings would have long ago been canceled! But because the NHRA pays ESPN in the area of $10,000,000 yearly to produce and air the show, it is still on the air."

One of these days....Just for kicks...NHRA should go back and test a Max. 2 Car Team rule for a season or two. Then see if any new interest in the sport comes back or not. But we all know that will never happen anytime in the near future.

Last edited:
One of these days....Just for kicks...NHRA should go back and test a Max. 2 Car Team rule for a season or two. Then see if any new interest in the sport comes back or not. But we all know that will never happen anytime in the near future.

I don't see where the multicar teams are hurting NHRA that much, in my estimation it is certainly wayyyy down the list of issues facing NHRA. The bottom line has always been, those who can afford to race, will. I don't think anyone with the means to race is sitting at home because Force has 4 cars. Most racers are very type-A people that very competitive ... they will try to race and win. Lastly, if someone does have the means to race, but chooses to go fishing instead because Force has 4 cars, they weren't likely going to be in it for the long term and the sport isn't missing much in their absence.

I'm with that. I not only like Don's attitude toward running heads up, but he does more to promote the sport as a whole than most teams. Remember when he offered up drums of nitro a few years ago because it was so hard to get that some teams were warming up with alky? I was lucky enough to score some VIP tickets to the Shumacher Army team a few years ago and me and my buddy got to spend a day inside the ropes. It was a real eye-opener. All the support crew (the people who fed us) was more than fun to be around and all day long Tony Shu was making the rounds talking with fans everywhere. Personally I always thought he was a jerk before (sorry!) but he is the real deal and treats every one of the fans well. I never saw him stick a pen into the crowd and scribble something illegible without even looking at it, like I see Force do every year. I vividly remember Don saying on camera that if he ever caught one of his crew doing something to "throw" a race against another DSR car, he'd fire him on the spot, and from their track record, I believe it. Can't say the same against the Force "business"

I am not a Force hater, just a “I don’t give a hoot about him” person. I for one turn the TV to mute anymore when he is being interviewed. I find his interviews annoying and full of BS. He comes across like a red-neck hillbilly. Plus I let out a cheer when he or any member of his team loses.:p

Sadly, he hasn’t modified his verbiage over the years. He describes his car as the old hound dog. Funny the first time but 10,000 times later, not so funny. The same goes for all his other talking points. I sure hope that people that are not NHRA fans and come across one of his interviews doesn’t think all drag racing fans are as feeble mined as he comes across.:eek:

I miss Bazemore at the track as well as Sukza. Sure wish Melanie would get back to the track full time. I like real people not buffoons.

I am not a Force hater, just a “I don’t give a hoot about him” person. I for one turn the TV to mute anymore when he is being interviewed. I find his interviews annoying and full of BS. He comes across like a red-neck hillbilly. Plus I let out a cheer when he or any member of his team loses.:p

Funny thobugh, if you look at old videos before he started winning championships, you never saw the Ego! He was just a racer then...:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back