The John Force hate - I just don't get it. :/ (2 Viewers)

You can be successful and have haters, or you can be average and have friends.
If I were a racer, I would rather be hated, then I would know that I was the best...

Blame the NHRA for any excessive hate on John because the NHRA has had to lean on JRF to carry the entire publicity package.
Jf is the only, and I mean only charismatic player in the NHRA. Most of those guys on tour would bore the average TV audience to death..
If it weren't for JF, just who would have the personality to carry the sport?
Everyone in the world knows who JF is. I would bet that nine out of ten people couldn't name another NHRA drag racer to save their life.

Last edited:
You can be successful and have haters, or you can be average and have friends.
If I were a racer, I would rather be hated, then I would know that I was the best...

Blame the NHRA for any excessive hate on John because the NHRA has had to lean on JRF to carry the entire publicity package.
Jf is the only, and I mean only charismatic player in the NHRA. Most of those guys on tour would bore the average TV audience to death..
If it weren't for JF, just who would have the personality to carry the sport?
Everyone in the world knows who JF is. I would bet that nine out of ten people couldn't name another NHRA drag racer to save their life.

As much as I love JFR, I could name a few drivers who are charismatic. Antron Brown, Spencer Massey, Jeff Arend, Ron Capps, Clay Millican, etc.

If this sport is about what you have done lately then there's no room for Garlits, Prudhomme, McEwen, and the rest. John is right in that group and oh yeah, he's still driving and winning.

Thanks for proving my point. Getting sponsors and being relevant in the sport today is all about your recent performance, not about what you did 10, 20, or 30 years ago. If past performance sold sponsorship the Snake would still be out there today. John has done a good job keeping his teams performance near the top of the category and he knows that to retain his sponsors he needs to continue to perform on the track which is why he made the offseason changes he did. Thanks for providing me entertainment today, now I am off to the gym.;)

As much as I love JFR, I could name a few drivers who are charismatic. Antron Brown, Spencer Massey, Jeff Arend, Ron Capps, Clay Millican, etc.

All good guys and very personable but except for perhaps Clay Millican none are anywhere close to John Force. Clay comes close but also isn't the personality that Force is. JMO

Thanks for proving my point. Getting sponsors and being relevant in the sport today is all about your recent performance, not about what you did 10, 20, or 30 years ago. If past performance sold sponsorship the Snake would still be out there today. John has done a good job keeping his teams performance near the top of the category and he knows that to retain his sponsors he needs to continue to perform on the track which is why he made the offseason changes he did. Thanks for providing me entertainment today, now I am off to the gym.;)

Well, your point is completely obvious. By saying this, you've proven MY point in that John Force is one of the absolute best in the game at getting sponsors, winning, and bringing home championships.

Keep trying to discredit John and his team, people. It does nothing but prove how ridiculous you all are.

Love him or hate him, John Force did for drag racing what Tiger Woods did for golf(before the 9 iron to the knee). It was a nice sport before they came alone but they took it to another level money wise.

I don't like that JFR has been kicking tail for years, but thats pretty much the fact. The defending champ Matt Hagan going out in Round 1 twice this year doesn't help those of us looking for more in Funny Car coverage other than JFR. I am convinced that the first priority in each weeks ESPN2 production meeting is "The Forces". Nothing in the near future will change that. Best solution for those of us who have other drivers: get more win lights, and get Championship trophies.

Are you serious?
Dear God, that's enough charisma to make medicine sick....
Except for Ron Capp's Napa TV commercial exposure, the rest of the world asks, "who"?

Where have you gone Tony Christian...

Last edited:
Of course you don't get bent out of shape, because it benefits the team you root for. If you were a fan of any team that was negatively impacted by "dives" you would be pissed team orders took your favorite out of the championship. However, you do get "bent out of shape" when people voice their dislike towards John Force.

Why in the world would anyone dislike Force?

And Donald Trump only works at Trump Enterprises because he founded the company. Your point is?

All you haters are really grasping at straws.

Yeah think about it. If Trump didn't own trump enterprise. Where would
he work. You force kool aid drinks need the straws. There are no straws to
grab.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back