The John Force hate - I just don't get it. :/ (1 Viewer)

One of these days....Just for kicks...NHRA should go back and test a Max. 2 Car Team rule for a season or two. Then see if any new interest in the sport comes back or not. But we all know that will never happen anytime in the near future.

If 2 Car Team A wanted to continue to get information from former teammates, now known as 2 Car Team B, the only difference would be where the stickers were placed on the cars, ala Team DSR, and how far apart the pit wranglers could put the 4 trailers away from each other.

IMHO, there's still lots of interest in going racing. Where the main issue, and the big stopping point for you and me getting out there is, falls in getting financing, either from an outside source or out of your own wallet, to be able to be competitive. Lots of folks would probably still be out there if it didn't cost a couple of mil just to competitively run ONE car nowadays. Its just a different level of "competitive" out there now, and that level is usually seen in Round 3 and beyond every race weekend.

I've been back into NHRA since the finals in 2010. Watched NHRA for years before that, but now I'm an attending fan. Anyways, I find the Force Team to be very friendly and outgoing to the fans. For a guy that's been doing this so long with so many championships I don't see him being rude to the sport or fans. I've watched him in the pits deal with fans that in IMO were total TOOLS and keep his composure where I wouldn't have.

No one has a passion for the sport like John does!

IMG_9855.jpg

Last edited:
I've been back into NHRA since the finals in 2010. Watched NHRA for years before that, but now I'm an attending fan. Anyways, I find the Force Team to be very friendly and outgoing to the fans. For a guy that's been doing this so long with so many championships I don't see him being rude to the sport or fans. I've watched him in the pits deal with fans that in IMO were total TOOLS and keep his composure where I wouldn't have.

No one has a passion for the sport like John does!

IMG_9855.jpg

Hey Jon and Paul here's ya some wallpaper lmfao :D

Having been an NHRA member since 1973 here is my .02:

Many people here have made very valid points and I find myself agreeing with people on both sides with certain points they have made, but:

-I, too mute the TV when they interview Force. He is trying WAY too hard to be John Force. It is completely unnatural to listen to him. He is not who we once loved to listen to.
-Robert's interviews are even worse. His "I need to/want to be John Force so I have to be animated like he is" way of talking is as fake as John's
-Turns out, the one I thought I would like the least - Courtney - I am starting to like the most. Her driving is improving with every lap and her interviews are the best of the Force Clan.
-It is not just the fact that Force wins that turns people completely off. Look at Manzo. You can get sick of him dominating (which I do) but he is genuine and I have way more respect for him than Force.
-Nah, give me back 1320 racing, no BS "countdown" and.....Dean Scuza with his team giving him the vocabulary word of the day to incorporate into his interviews. Now THAT was fun to watch.

when you have 4 cars on the same team all make the semifinals what is the point of hanging around to watch.

John Force was the first one to add a third car.

He's done more harm than good to the sport as a whole because of that one issue.

I remember arguing with people here years ago about this - one argument was nascar has 4 cars on a team

Yeah , out of 43 car fields.

and no one races 2 at a time there , with an opportunity to give their teammate a free pass to the next round.

2 car teams should be the max, period, end of story , there is nothing good about the big teams that ANYONE can say .

nothing. you are fooling yourself if you think there's anything good about it.

when you have 4 cars on the same team all make the semifinals what is the point of hanging around to watch.

John Force was the first one to add a third car.

He's done more harm than good to the sport as a whole because of that one issue.

I remember arguing with people here years ago about this - one argument was nascar has 4 cars on a team

Yeah , out of 43 car fields.

and no one races 2 at a time there , with an opportunity to give their teammate a free pass to the next round.

2 car teams should be the max, period, end of story , there is nothing good about the big teams that ANYONE can say .

More harm than good, huh?

Take JFR and DSR out of the sport then, and see what happens.

Feel free to make any other sweeping changes that you feel are necessary since you, above all people, know what's best for the sport. :rolleyes:

What a joke.

The thing that bothered me the most during the Arizona Nationals was not the ESPN2 coverage of Force. I mean that's a decision by the producers of the show and nothing to hold against John Force Racing. My contention all along is if you want to get on TV then beat the juggernaut.

My problem was watching two first round opponents ride together through the staging lanes on a scotter. Really? You would think or hope that Funny Car takes a different mindset in First Round than sharing a scotter, and smiling, with your first round opponent. Of course I am speaking of Courtney and John Force.

I probably just take Funny Car to seriously.

The thing that bothered me the most during the Arizona Nationals was not the ESPN2 coverage of Force. I mean that's a decision by the producers of the show and nothing to hold against John Force Racing. My contention all along is if you want to get on TV then beat the juggernaut.

My problem was watching two first round opponents ride together through the staging lanes on a scotter. Really? You would think or hope that Funny Car takes a different mindset in First Round than sharing a scotter, and smiling, with your first round opponent.

They're family, first.

.............2 car teams should be the max, period, end of story , there is nothing good about the big teams that ANYONE can say .

Oh I dunno, I kind of like having 16 car fields on raceday.........:rolleyes:

Bernie it's RACEDAY! I know you love the JFR gang. That's cool man.
But it's RACEDAY! It's First Round. Somebody is going home!

Oh, I understand that and your sentiment. It's just that if I was in the same situation, I wouldn't be able to look at my family like I would another racer. I'd be talking to them and BS'ing until it was time to get strapped-in.

I love racing but not more than my family.

if DSR and JFR closed shop tomorrow - the fields would fill instantly;
it would be the catalyst needed for many part timers to show more frequently
and those considering moving up to make the move; would quite possibly
improve NHRA drag racing.

i agree with the other post - find myself enjoying courtney's interviews;
very genuine, as were her older sister's.

john?, nhra would be in a world of hurt without him.
he could have taken the easy way out many times, but instead
decides to remain focused and intense...extremely admirable for a man
of his age and level of success

if DSR and JFR closed shop tomorrow - the fields would fill instantly;
it would be the catalyst needed for many part timers to show more frequently
and those considering moving up to make the move; would quite possibly
improve NHRA drag racing.

i agree with the other post - find myself enjoying courtney's interviews;
very genuine, as were her older sister's.

john?, nhra would be in a world of hurt without him.
he could have taken the easy way out many times, but instead
decides to remain focused and intense...extremely admirable for a man
of his age and level of success

If those part-timers couldn't put together consistently-great runs, then fans would lose interest and everything would plummet.

Most people aren't going to show-up for a race where maybe 50% of the cars have the potential to put together a weekend's worth of runs.

Plus, you lose a huge amount of name value and that's something that's very important.

If those part-timers couldn't put together consistently-great runs, then fans would lose interest and everything would plummet.

Most people aren't going to show-up for a race where maybe 50% of the cars have the potential to put together a weekend's worth of runs.

Plus, you lose a huge amount of name value and that's something that's very important.

AND you would lose almost all of the sponsors until new stars emerged ... started winning lots of races and championships ... adding cars ... attracting sponsors ... in other words started the cycle all over again. But could NHRA generate enough revenue to survive the interim? Maybe ... Maybe not. With JFR and DSR in the mix, NHRA and more importantly, we as fans don't have to worry about it.

Like I said early in this thread ... all of the John Force haters will be talking about the good old days of John Force when he is gone.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back