John Force (1 Viewer)

Mr. Fix It

Nitro Member
The title of the post just draws you in. That's John Force for you. The wife and I went to see the grandkids in Orange not far from John Force's place. I thought there would be little chance of meeting him, but I felt the trip just to see his place would be cool.

Just think, after driving for 2 days, we arrived at a moment when John Force was there! I was looking out the window of the souvenir shop when I spotted John coming out of the shop in the back of the show room.

I was speechless, but I managed to get outside in time to catch him as he was leaving. For those of you who doubt all the good things you hear about John Force, I'm here to tell you, the truth is, he is even nicer than that.

He graciously stopped his truck, got out, shook my hand as I asked for a photo of us together. A gentleman who was with him from A&E networks took two photos. Then my wife came out running and John got out again and spoke with my wife while I took a few photos.

I'm sure Mr. Force had better things to do than deal with two fans out of the blue. He seemed in no hurry to rush off as we spoke. I'm a bigger Force fan than ever now!

Two day later we were fortunate enough to attend his monthly car show at his showroom. Now most of you don't know me and I'm not the photographer that others who post here are. Non-the-less, I have a link to the photos.

Man! California was tough to leave....... See:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BYuWrls2csWG6

Thanks for that post, Mike. There are alot of Force bashers out there who have never took the time to really meet the man. He TRULY loves his fans and I think your story is one of many that prove just that. I always stick around after Sunday elims just to get some time with him without all the crowds. He has never walked away from his fans. He takes time with us. Also Ashley and Laura are usually around. Laura is a very nice person and loves talking to the fans. I have been a Force fan since I started following the sport in 1994 and I will always be a Force fan!!!!!!!!!:D

Also Ashley and Laura are usually around. Laura is a very nice person and loves talking to the fans. I have been a Force fan since I started following the sport in 1994 and I will always be a Force fan!!!!!!!!!:D
It`s Laurie. Hopefully you`ve haven`t been calling her Laura since 1994.

Wow how fun! John looks like he has really slimmed down, did he appear that way to you too, or is it just the photo??

thanks for the post mike! sounds like you had a great time, i hope the force bashers ( and there is a lot on here ) read this! john is the best when it comes to the fans, he never has forgotten where he came from like other racers have.

Thanks for your post. I've watched John for years and seen him go out of his way for fans time after time. He is truly an exceptional man. I aspire to be a portion of the man he is. He's sacrificed so much to be where he is (ie. family life and relations). I'm so grateful to have seen him do so much for the fans. It makes me realize the fans are just as important as the guy driving the machine.
Thanks, Ro Yale

In the short time I spoke with him, I asked him how he was feeling. He told me it was the best he had felt ever. He did have a firm handshake, walked without any trouble I could detect and seemed only a little grayer since I saw him at Alamo dragway back in his Wendy sponsored days.

After he left and we went back into the souvenier shop, the young lady behind the counter told us John goes to work out every day. I asked about getting into the showroom as it was locked. I was told it was only open on special occasions. "Not to worry" she said, "There is a car show this weekend and it will be open then."

She also told me he was the best to work for. It seems so as he has had very few changes in his crews. All in all, it was a very pleasant surprise to run into Mr. Force AND arrive at the end of the month to see the show and inside the shop.

I shudder to think if we had spent 10 minutes somewhere else and missing him all together as well as being told of the car show. Believe me, it was a pleasure I'll not forget! By the way, John's wife was there in a separate truck behind him. She looks mighty good too.

There is one other guy we all know who that money hasn't gone to their head and that's Jay Leno. But that is another story.......

WorldofWheelsJanuary2006010.jpg

Thanks Mike. I too share your thoughts on the Force family. They too have made my day, week and year ....ect. on several occasions. John is as true of a champion as you'll ever find. ALWAYS a fan!

I haven't talked to John personally . . . but it sounds as though there are a lot more good stories of him than of blowing people off.

I did get to meet Ashley and Daniel at the Bristol race as they would walk by every night headed back to their RV or wherever they were staying from the race trailer.

She signed one of the little info handouts they have and talked briefly. Very nice people and didn't try to brush me off or anything.

I haven't talked to John personally . . . but it sounds as though there are a lot more good stories of him than of blowing people off.

I did get to meet Ashley and Daniel at the Bristol race as they would walk by every night headed back to their RV or wherever they were staying from the race trailer.

She signed one of the little info handouts they have and talked briefly. Very nice people and didn't try to brush me off or anything.

I highly recommend taking the time to meet him. It is totally worth the wait. He will leave a lasting impression, for sure!!!! When you do get a chance to meet him hopefully it is after he wins and he is really pumped up!!!!:eek:

3 years ago @ the englishtown race, me and the wife walked up to the usual 100 or so people jammed in front of johns trailer while he was signing, i said, no way can i ever get a picture with john ( i like picture with the drivers better than autographs). well the wife wiggled her way to the ropes, and screamed to john- john please take a picture with my husband weve been trying to get a pic with you for years! john said- well where the hell have you been? he said where is he, she pointed to me 7-8 deep in the crowd, he went under the ropes, walked through the crowd to me and gave a big thumbs up as my wife took the pic, i have it to this day hanging in my living room framed 11x14. everyone knows how hard it is to get a pic withbig john, how many drivers will do that? john is a first class guy!

I highly recommend taking the time to meet him. It is totally worth the wait. He will leave a lasting impression, for sure!!!! When you do get a chance to meet him hopefully it is after he wins and he is really pumped up!!!!:eek:

If I got the chance like Mike did, then I would for sure :D

The only times I get to see him are in the staging lanes before a run, or on the line watching one of his cars run. I'll see if I can't break him away from Tasca for a second or two in the lanes. :D

3 years ago @ the englishtown race, me and the wife walked up to the usual 100 or so people jammed in front of johns trailer while he was signing, i said, no way can i ever get a picture with john ( i like picture with the drivers better than autographs). well the wife wiggled her way to the ropes, and screamed to john- john please take a picture with my husband weve been trying to get a pic with you for years! john said- well where the hell have you been? he said where is he, she pointed to me 7-8 deep in the crowd, he went under the ropes, walked through the crowd to me and gave a big thumbs up as my wife took the pic, i have it to this day hanging in my living room framed 11x14. everyone knows how hard it is to get a pic withbig john, how many drivers will do that? john is a first class guy!

Jeff, you come on over. Our whole crew and driver will take a picture with ya'.

Jeff, you come on over. Our whole crew and driver will take a picture with ya'.

In Richmond last year on Satuday morning one of your crew guys came out of the ropes and talked with my son for a while - he was thrilled! And yes I still have the pictures. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back