John Force (1 Viewer)

Heck, Baze even likes him.[/QUOTE]

I think it's awsome that John signed Whit's T/F license...:D And John and Scelzi signed KB's F/C license...:D It is really mind blowing that between JF, KB and Scelzi, that they have a combined 24 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS...:eek: That's a bunch of little Wally's running around... Can any other series claim anything close to that, with all their drivers combined?? I DONT TINK SO!!

One year my brother and I were at the Cajun Nationals in Baton Rouge on a Saturday afternoon. We went by Force's pit, he was there with his Wendy's Corvette. We're standing by the ropes and there's John screaming and cursing at the top of his lungs, fired the whole crew right in front of us. They all walked away and we're standing there cracking up laughing at this dude, and he turns on us, "What the @%&# are you'll laughing at?" We were still cracking up, my brother saying "Now what are you gonna do without a crew?" ..........steam was coming out of his ears!
I thought to my self, "that dude is flat out nuts!" We made sure to go by Sunday morning just to see and sure enough the whole crew was back. He's always had the intensity and passion, that's for sure.............

In April 1998, the first year that NHRA did an April Fools Spoof and showed the rear engined trucks for Force, Hofmann, etc. I printed it out and brought it to the race that weekend in Richmond for John to sign. I finally made my way through the crowd to his ropes and asked him to sign it. He looked at it and said, "Where did you get this" I told him that I printed it off of the internet. He grabbed me and took me inside his trailer. At first I thought I was in trouble or something then he started screaming "Coil, Coil, look at this, this is what I want to build"...............Coil said, you can't build that, it won't work. He asked if he could have it and I told him only if he would sign one for me the next day. When I went by the next day he saw me and pulled me to the front of the line and signed it for me and talked more about how he wanted to build a rear engined funny. I still thought "that dude is flat out nuts!"

I have few stories of John, but I will share a couple favorites....

#1 We were eating at the BlackBear lodge by BIR, probably around 99 or so, and Force of course was lighting up the room with stories and carrying on.... he came over to us and apoligized for kinda being loud, and hoped he was not disturbing our dinner.. My grandmother, who was about 75 or so at the time, and confined to a wheelchair, said "Absoloutly not John, we are having a good time,I think you are the greatest..." The look on his face when she said that.. I don't think he expected her to even know who he was. He said thanks, and went on back to his table. Johns group got done with dinner, and got up to leave, and on his way out, he took off his Castrol winner circle hat, signed it, put it on her head, took her by the hand and said, "You and your family have a great night." She kept that hat in her room the rest of her days, and I now have it in my room.

#2 We were in Houston, and again, out eating, and Force is carrying on, and entertaining his sponsors/guests.. This was about the time Tony Pedregon was running the Selena body..Anyways.. Johns getting pretty into the conversation----Imagine this is John speaking, LOL--"Ok, let me tell you about this %%$% body.. first we get it all done, and it looks great. Then Medlen decides he wants to run a new different injector.. So.. They cut the injector hole opening bigger so it would fit, and gave Selena a %$^&& flat top.. Ok.. Can't run it like that.. take the decal off, put a new one on, lower, good to go... Went to go get it, and of course they put her face over the body support bracket, so it looks like she has zits and $%^&$ all over her face... Ok.. take that one off change it up so it fits right, and put it on... By now we are in a hurry to get it done, so they got it put on, and set it out in the sun to help get it to lay down, and let the air bubbles out..... wouldn't ya know the $$%%&&& thing got so hot sitting out there, the $%#$#&^ decal split right down the %%^^&& middle.. So they had to do it AGAIN!!!"

By this time, everybody in that section was pretty much laughing so hard they could hardly speak.. John went on for quite a while, but man it was funny. I don't know.. maybe you had to be there.. but it was funny to us.

1 car, 4 cars, 10 cars, I will always be a John Force fan.

I wasn't there, but I am sitting here cracking up out loud as I read it and luckily there's nobody around to ask me "what's wrong with you". The man just cracks me up everytime he opens his mouth. And does anyboy wonder why he has to live in his own place, away from the family? Maybe because nobody could take him 24x7, lol!

Wow this thread really took off didn't , now all we need to do is convince john force to actually come on this forum . lol that would be funny .

Cool kids Justin! Are you gonna be running your VW Paradise Top/Comp-S/C car soon?;) :D See ya at the PRA races!

Back on topic.....:D

It may seem strange to see a VW Paradise sticker on a V8 car, but if they can go 6.50@209 with 4 cylinders, they can make power. Kris Lauffer kindly cleaned up my heads for the new motor and they are just great people... The thing Buzzz's pretty well! ;)

Thanks for the comments on the kids... Nothing grabs at the heart like your kids lovin' what you love!

Not to many guys will take off both their 1996 driver of the year award ring and their 1998 Winston championship ring at the same time and hand both of them to a complete stranger then turn his back to me and start talking with Coil. (He sure is trustworthy of strangers) Meanwhile, I have both rings on my fingers… (they felt good btw) after a few more minutes he tells Coil to buy me a beer…. I say.. “John, you don’t have to do that” he says… “oh sure, Coil has all the money, we’ll make him buy the beer”

Needless to say… Free beer always tastes good!!:D :D Thanks John!!

On Sunday I took my son and daughter to Firebird to see the test session. Mason wanted to see Ashee (Ashley in adult language). John came riding up on his scooter and when he hoped off he instantly had a little boy hugging his legs. John was very cordial and rubbed his head. He then called my daughter over for a picture. It was great, and even though he didn't meet Ashley, he did meet Ashley's dad who coincidently just happens to race a funny car too! Here are the pics.

Mason with Force

Justin you don't call your Son Mason the Line Dixon do you? Let's see if Justin gets the joke..........:D

Justin you don't call your Son Mason the Line Dixon do you? Let's see if Justin gets the joke..........:D

I'm not that slow... It would be funny to have a picture with him (Mason...) next to the Skytel driver then the current Pro Stock champ... get it Joe:D

John Force is a great ambassador for Drag Racing. I have two boys, who are almost as big fans and I am. My oldest is now 19, the youngest is 10. When the oldest one went to his first race, a match race at KCIR he was 2 years old. We met John at the concession stand. He came over to our trailer and sat on the back talking to my 2 year old. Now, keep in mind, his name is John too. They talked for about an hour and a half, it was pretty funny watching Force talk racing with a 2 year old. The next year, Heartland Park opened, and my now 3 year old and I were walking through the pits. He saw Forces trailer and off he went, right into the trailer. John came out carrying him, and motioned me in too. He sat my son John in his FC, and the kid was even more hooked, if that's possible. Since that time, we have been to every National Event at Heartland Park. My youngest one met Gary Denshem and talked to him for almost 1/2 hour, and had no idea who it was at the time. Just the way Force treats his fans is why I'm a John Force fan.

Based on this thread, NHRA will go down in Flames when Force quits racing. Doesn't seem like any other reason to go to the track...

Based on this thread, NHRA will go down in Flames when Force quits racing. Doesn't seem like any other reason to go to the track...

Or perhaps some other "Star" drivers could take a lesson and become ambassadors to the sport, as well as it's fans too.

I still find it quite funny that in jungle jim libermans last recorded race he was beaten by john force , its sort or like the end of one drag racing icon and the start of another . Rest in peace jungle jim.

I will tell you this Joe, the first national event that John Force wont be in, wont even be remotely close to how I enjoy the races now. And I dont care if Ashley, Robert, and Eric are still running then either. John Force is the NHRA whether you like it or not. Would it still go on, ofcourse. Would it be the same? NEVER. John is one of a kind. And I know he has his haters, as does everyone but John is good people and he is great to his fans and he will never forget where he came from unlike many others.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back