should John Force retire? (1 Viewer)

Should John Force retire?

• yes, to run Force Racing

Votes: 53 26.4%
  • NO he should keep driving.

Votes: 148 73.6%

• Total voters
Should? That's between him, GOD, and his family.
Can? He has contracts in place for him in a car until 201X-plus a day... He's got this Addiction and being out of a Car would not be a good thing for him and all those around him... Just for the sanity of the 100 plus people at JFR, not a good idea...

Bottom Line; just the photos of Papa John in his pick-up at Pomona a few days ago, show it ain't gonna happen. Maybe after he gets his 20th ring or 200th win?

But it's not our call, for all we know, maybe he'll take a couple of squirts in testing and say screw it... or run a .67 and smile that goofy grin and say "I'm Back!!!!"

The Sport will survive when John hangs it up, the real question is, will the rest of us?

d'kid

Well said! John's said he doesn't know anything else but drag racing, and I would be really surprised and sad to see him hang up his firesuit now. This year has dealt him and his extended family unimaginable losses, and you just never know how all the good and bad factor into the decisions to be made. I hope we see him back out there soon...

Bruce,
i've thought the same thing since his accident and i'm sure
he's pondered the idea. there would be logic to stepping aside at
this point in his career.
whatever he does, he's in a win/win situation.
i'd actually like to see him drive again.

I can't imagine John going out that way (TX) but it would be his decision.
I think he will come back stronger in 2008.
Just my opinion, but I think he had too many self-inflicted distractions this year and didn't focus on himself as much as he should. While I'm sure it's nearly impossible to separate the "father" from the "team owner" he deserves to pay attention to his own team. He has some of the best in the business to take care of Ashley, Robert and Mike so now he deserves to concentrate on himself. He is worth it. He would be a great loss to the sport.

I think he should try to run next year if he gets clearance to do so from the medical team.
No one likes to wonder what might have been and I can't imagine that John Force would be an exception.
This question is really hard to answer at this stage anyway. We really have to wait and see what happens when he's able to get into the cockpit. Major, catastrophic injuries may not diminish someone's spirit, but there's no denying it could diminish his physical capacity to race. And since he's not ready to try to drive a flopper yet we just don't know if his body can keep up with his passion.

But as a fan of drag racing, I hope he can, because I don't want to wonder what might have been either.

Come on John, your kid's driving pro now so just get a face lift and get back in the seat for another decade or two.

Come on John, your kid's driving pro now so just get a face lift and get back in the seat for another decade or two.

John's got enough money to put an Oxygen tube in the helmet if he needs it . LOL
Hope he drives a long time but only if the reflexes stay great!
Scratch that John would really light a fire in Nostalgia Funny car.

Even though he had some mis-steps John's car was running decently enough at the end of the season to be a solid contender for the title.

When Kenny Bernstein "retired" it was clear to me he was absolutely miserable standing behind the car and watching Brandon drive. You could see on his face he hated it. I have no doubt in my mind that John would be twice as bad at "retirement" as Kenny was. I think he should keep driving until the fire in the belly is out. Not a second before.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back