The John Force hate - I just don't get it. :/ (1 Viewer)

Sam. Let's just say your a NYGiants fan. By simple defintion after first pulling for the Giants on Sunday, you then may root against the Eagles, Redskins, and Cowboys. Beating them, coupled with their loses helps helps the Giants in the NFC East. Funny Car is no different. I think your a huge JFR fan and you just don't see why other don't like him. Simple. Their are some Redskins, Cowboys, and Eagles fans in here and right now the NYGiants are the Super Bowl Champs. There's the analogy. Beside that, this thread is why Funny Car is great. Wish we had one per class!

Well actually I AM a Giants fan. Going to finally order the Championship t-shirts! :D

Oh be quiet Sam. Wah, wah!!! Do you want some tissues? Guess what? I don't get your Whit Bazemore hate.... I could list more people I've caught you hating on, if you'd like? Oh, but when someone hates on your precious John Force, you have to vent and get all emotional. You're just a hypocrite.

I admit that I was fairly critical of Whit several times (mainly because he deserved it), but I've mostly stopped. I even said that he was a great driver a few times. And "hating on?" Okay, so I ragged on a certain PSB racer for running his mouth and said a veteran pro stock racer should retire. Is that "hating?" Don't think so. :rolleyes:

Blabity blabity bla bla bla. :rolleyes:

If it was any other car in the right lane that smoked the tires that round, nobody would be saying anything. Every time force smokes 'em against a teammate people accuse of cheating. It's getting old already.

LOL,well he purposly drove it out of the groove to spin the tires,get your eyes checked.

I wonder how much of the Force style sponsor naming is in their contract. It could very well be in their sponsor agreements that they have to mention the names all the time. We don't know whats in the contracts or how the sponsors expect to be advertised. Same with this whole take a dive business we don't know what the sponsor requirements are in the contract.

I know alot of people treat John Force as this rich millionare and I don't doubt in the least that he has alot of money but is John Force the man made of money or is John Force the business made of money there is a difference.

I remember something John Force said during the indy dive debacle he said to the cameras that he was tired of being told what to say.

Can you imagine the pr people the marketing people the sponsor reps all these people that have all these expectations of John Force.

Imagine the sponsor pressure any one of those could take their money away in an instint if they don't get what they want or arent happy.

I once asked his PR guy, "how do you shut him up?" His reply, "I just let him fly."

Well, let me put it in the perspective of a "stick and ball" sports fan.
I grew up in Seattle, rooting for all of the Seattle teams (and was a Cowboys fan before the Seahawks existed) and as such, have witnessed exactly ONE championship by one of my hometown teams, a team who has now left town. Watching "my teams get beaten up time after time got old....Year after year of watching the M's lose in the playoffs to the Yankees built up some serious bitterness. They had more money to spend (like Force) they "bought" all the best free agents (like Force) and expected to win (like Force). Soon enough, I started to root actively against them, wishing that their free agent signings would go bust, and getting irritated by every game they won. They did nothing wrong, played by the rules just like everyone else, but did it better. Watching the Seahawks lose the Super Bowl due to what some people saw as a bias by the referees probably felt like watching "your" dirver lose the championship because of the countdown, or watching Schumacher drive through the shut off sign from the starter. It starts to feel unfair, and the bitterness builds.....
I remember when Force was the loveable loser, the perpetual bridesmaid, who lost something like 9 finals in a row before finally winning one. Nobody was hating him then....

Jeez, sorry to step in the middle of your JFR Love-fest with my lowly opinion. Here's let me get my "John Force's BFF" T-shirt to gain your acceptance, happy now?
I was referring to Austin Coil, without whom JFR would not exist today. Maybe you should get your facts straight before calling someone else dumb...

I believe it is well documented that Force is the first to credit Austin Coil with his success. Also Gary Densham, Gene Beaver, and several others. I have never thought he came across as an "I" person, and was always more than willing to credit those responsible for the team's success.

I believe it is well documented that Force is the first to credit Austin Coil with his success. Also Gary Densham, Gene Beaver, and several others. I have never thought he came across as an "I" person, and was always more than willing to credit those responsible for the team's success.

Post of the day!

Force lost me as a fan in 2001 at the Vegas race.
He and Bode both left before the tree was activated during eliminations. Subsequently, both were disqualified. Force pitched an absolute fit, and was acting like a spoiled rich kid who finally had something not go his way.
ESPN followed him to the tower where he confronted Graham Light. He was loud, obscene and not professional. Then, when Force saw the camera he rushed toward it and pushed the lens to the side. Did anything come of his idiotic behavior? No, of course not. But, then again, Light looked like he was about to spot his shorts.
One thing came of the event. The rule was changed.
Yet, let Whit Bazemore complain to Rick Stewart (with no mics around) about the crappy track conditions at Pomona during the fall race and he gets slapped with a fine and probation.

;) true that.

I wish we could still read all the old mater stuff.
I remember complaining about a lot of things Force and his team have been allowed to do over the years - rules changes for the funny car bodies, adding a third team car was a huge argument on this board back the day.

watching these huge teams dominate is just boring.

fun for force's kids to take turns driving daddys new car around the block, but pretty boring for us fans.

Wasn't there a no dive rule when Force and Height ran and still is where NHRA looks at your set up if they think there was a dive? When Minor and Connie said those things I don't think the rule was in and maybe that is why the rule came about or maybe more multi teams brought it.

Correct John. Thats what alot of people dont understand. Everyone says, "Well why didnt he just tell us he did, he's lying to us." Its bc NHRA makes him. He cant say he did it. They arent suppose to do it. So did he break a rule. Sure. Can they prove it. No. Let it go people. Let it go.

Oh be quiet Sam. Wah, wah!!! Do you want some tissues? Guess what? I don't get your Whit Bazemore hate.... I could list more people I've caught you hating on, if you'd like? Oh, but when someone hates on your precious John Force, you have to vent and get all emotional. You're just a hypocrite.

How could anyone be a fan of **** Blazemore?

I wish we could still read all the old mater stuff.
I remember complaining about a lot of things Force and his team have been allowed to do over the years - rules changes for the funny car bodies, adding a third team car was a huge argument on this board back the day.

watching these huge teams dominate is just boring.

fun for force's kids to take turns driving daddys new car around the block, but pretty boring for us fans.

I love it when ANYONE from Forces' team wins!

I agree that sometimes the JFR overload on TV becomes tedious, but as a fan, everyone should walk up to John and shake his hand and thank him. In the late 80s/early 90s there were only 12-14 National Events per year. NONE of the facilities were top notch. No disrespect to Joe Amato, WJ or Bob Glidden, but no drag racers could be picked out of a police lineup. Drag racing media was non-existent. Good luck finding drag racing on TV in a timely manner. Then there was this guy who started winning races and championships ... and he kept winning ... he gave great interviews and good copy. In 1996, that guy did the impossible and won the Driver of the Year Award by winning 13 out of 16 races, beating out the NASCAR and IndyCar guys for the award and the attention. He added a second car with more sponsors and raised the profile of the whole NHRA along with him. The TV package improved. Tracks started adding events. Super tracks started to get built or remodeled. Now there are 23 events, big sponsorships and multi-car teams are de rigeur and some of the facilities rival anything else in motorsports. We have no shortage of TV coverage or media outlets to sate our thirst for drag racing.

Sure, we have all heard John Force's spiel a million and one times ... but without it the NHRA landscape looks way different today than it would otherwise. To me it is simply a case of "familiarity breeds contempt". We are all VERY familiar with John, and have been for a long time ... but I have no contempt for the man ... even if his scooter gets more airtime than some other teams. Trust me on this, all the haters will be talking about the good old days of John Force when he is gone.

I'm a JFR fan because of how he made his own success...rags to riches. Plus I'm related to him.

I did get a little annoyed at how many times they mentioned JF was going to race CF on TV last weekend. I lost count at 14 times (no joke). Then they interviewed both of them 2-3 times about it. I though Capps, Beckman and, let me see...who was the world champ last year????....Oh, Jeff Arend...all went home.

I had a friend in my pit at Pomona who said the media ads he saw for the Winternationals never even mentioned that the world champ Matt Hagan was going to be there. Just the usual suspects. Matt who?

RG

Blabity blabity bla bla bla. :rolleyes:

If it was any other car in the right lane that smoked the tires that round, nobody would be saying anything. Every time force smokes 'em against a teammate people accuse of cheating. It's getting old already.

Sam, I don't consider myself a JF hater, and I actually think he has done amazing things for drag racing, and also for himself. I agree that it seems that every time he races a teammate, the outcome is always suspect. It depends on the time of year, and the round it happens in though. ;)

Because he said what he thought, with no regard to who might get offended mYbe?
Yep, same here. Maybe you didn't love the guy, but he kept things interesting, didn't he? Same reason I like Kyle Busch in the circle track series,love him or hate him, he's never boring!!

John Force, saw that the NHRA was not going to make him a "name" but on the other hand he saw that if he could make his own name he could use the NHRA arena as his own, Remember back in the 60s and 70s NHRA did make heros, Landy, Sox & Martin, Jenkens and others. You could not get within a 100 feet of thier pit areas a the majors or even at a match race. For some reason, as Funny Cars develloped NHRA did not support this new segment. A few like Jungle Jim. the Snake and Force prompted sponsors to create an image for them in thier paid adverstising. That was during the era of quater mile burn outs, As the others went away, Force was left standing at the top of the heap ( has he would say) Futher he has insured a lengthy future creating the New Genearation.

I didn't go through the time to read this whole thread (snore), but imagine the NHRA without John Force Racing!!!! :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back