Larry Dixon gone from Alan Johnson Racing (1 Viewer)

Off the subject, but I noticed in that same article that transmitter shutoff devices are now optional in AA/FC. They said nothing about T/F. :confused:

I don't see what it matter about who owns what. Torrence rents space from Force, is he their new Dragster driver? Exactly, and if your gonna say he could be I say then is the sport coming to driving gigs based on who's someone's tenet is, further making an owner of the shop think the first available talent is their renter? I don't see it linking. This is more of a coincidence.

So you don't think that the 1320 agent wasn't trying to stir the pot and he doesn't even know the situation. You missed the point Mr. Keenan.

No its not a big deal who owns it but don't try to start something when that for sale sign has been there the powers deal closed up.

NEWS FLASH! Warren Johnson retires, hires Larry Dixon to dvive the new Chevy Volt Pro Stock!!!

So you don't think that the 1320 agent wasn't trying to stir the pot and he doesn't even know the situation. You missed the point Mr. Keenan.

No its not a big deal who owns it but don't try to start something when that for sale sign has been there the powers deal closed up.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm allowed to say what I want and I missed nothing. What does that have to do with anything other than a bad economy? It's wayyy cheaper to rent than buy a shop, maybe David only wants to sell? Did you ask him? Either way it has nothing to do with it and 1320 is just trying to get some hits.

NEWS FLASH! Warren Johnson retires, hires Larry Dixon to dvive the new Chevy Volt Pro Stock!!!

That's pretty funny, but unless WJ improves his lights or finds serious power gains, he's gonna be disappointing alot of fans by not getting past round 1 much if at all. I either wanna see him drive a winning car again, or I want him to just tune, hire someone to drive, and be a feared tuner no team wants to face.

Guys, I love the passion, and that you all want to discuss the changes for the new year.

But I think someone should keep a scorecard so at the end of it all, when we get to Pomona and KNOW what happened and who is driving for whom, we can come back and point the finger at the idiots that swore they had the inside scoop and really didn't know $h!t (John Waters)

And for everybody who is quoting "Sources" (Agent 1320, Terry Blount, Kernan) put on your big girl panties and name them.

Alan

forget all your sources I got the real scoop

Past champ could be tuner as well. So AJ is going to drive this time around. To prove his greatness he will not only drive both cars but have two completely different setups. Rumor has it the second car will either go Garlits streamliner or Diamond Dave's shortie car.

Remember you heard it hear first and when you see that I am right, everyone owes me a beer at the races:D

no back to your regularly scheduled rumoring :)

forget all your sources I got the real scoop

Past champ could be tuner as well. So AJ is going to drive this time around. To prove his greatness he will not only drive both cars but have two completely different setups. Rumor has it the second car will either go Garlits streamliner or Diamond Dave's shortie car.

Remember you heard it hear first and when you see that I am right, everyone owes me a beer at the races:D

no back to your regularly scheduled rumoring :)

I would really love to see AJ drive a nitro car, I think he could, I think you would have AN ISSUE to say the least getting him to just drive and not tune. I mean if your the best, who are you gonna settle for? The only way I see AJ driving is if he did what Neff does. This is also why I don't think AJ has been able to just own and not tune. Again, When your the best, are you gonna accept watching someone not tune as expertly as you could? I do not think Alan has an ego, he's a very down to earth quiet guy, but i think when you know how to get things done, your not gonna be ok with letting someone only get it halfway done.

AJ actually drove a TAD once or twice (may have got licensed) back in the day when he and Blaine first started out. He id not like it.

Dean

AJ actually drove a TAD once or twice (may have got licensed) back in the day when he and Blaine first started out. He id not like it.

Dean

Yea, most tuners I heard about don't like to drive or are completely uninterested. Now I wonder are most drivers feeling the same way about tuning, or do they get too intimated by the learning curve?

Guys, I love the passion, and that you all want to discuss the changes for the new year.

But I think someone should keep a scorecard so at the end of it all, when we get to Pomona and KNOW what happened and who is driving for whom, we can come back and point the finger at the idiots that swore they had the inside scoop and really didn't know $h!t (John Waters)

Alan

Alan, you should read the postiings a bit more carefully and perhaps you wouldn't be so free with the word "idiot". Careless use of that term might point back to you. On 2 different postings I added a disclaimer that I had no first hand knowledge and was only repeating a rumor I had heard.

Heard Warren Johnson was going to TF. He said there wasn't enough of a challenge in driving a Pro Stocker. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back