Larry Dixon gone from Alan Johnson Racing (1 Viewer)

27ahgeeez.jpg

CompPlus had a teaser on their FB page earlier today:
Holy smokes, big time rumors floating around today. We're checking and following up and as soon as we can separate fact from fiction, we'll pass it on.
Could get interesting.

Khalid Al-Balooshi. It was a whisper at Pomona that I didn't take seriously ... then I saw the rumor at DRO which I will slightly take more seriously, but after thinking about it, it makes sense.

Do we think the Sheik rolled up the carpet & closed up shop?

Could be possible. His dad may of got more involved on yanking his plans out from under him for all teams as his dad did eariler this year.

Also heard NHRA going to SPEED, but at this point who the hell knows...:cool:

I would love a quick 1-2 hour show with the same technology, but:

1. I heard alot speed would never consider NHRA
2. It could be factual because a tv schedule has been WAYYYYYY LATE this year.

That's what I'm saying. There could be an ounce of truth to this, but I can't imagine Dixon leaving. AJR and Lucas? I see no link except for ex employees. As I said many times, I don't see Alan taking a check, He's made his money, he's not gonna take a check and not run a nitro team, I do not see him wanting out of it.

Who knows about this particular rumor but there are some folks privileged to insider information that are saying on twitter that there are so BIG moves coming down the pipes.

We'll see...

I find it ironic that some of the same people pissing on Morgan Lucas and Brandon Bernstein for seemingly having their rides handed to them by their parents, are such big fans of, and so concerned about this Sheik dude having his allowance potentially taken away.

The only thing I have found out for sure is Al-Anabi still plans on fielding two top fuel teams next season.

I have not been able to get in touch with Larry, but a trusted source tells me they would be very surprised if Larry wasn't one of the drivers.

I expect the team will announce its plans soon, maybe before the end of the week.

So, stand by! LOL.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back