Larry Dixon gone from Alan Johnson Racing (1 Viewer)

I believe team al-anabi has changed it's focus - they came into nhra buying
and hiring the best to be the best and they more than proved that.
my .02 guess is this team will next try to produce an nhra champion
who is not from the USA..... wait to see what they announce.

If you are right about that I hope Alan finally swallows hard and walks away from the deal, at some point you gotta say its just not worth it, even with the flown in sushi.

Al-Anabi, if you really want to really impress people, use your funds to develop your own tuners and drivers instead of taking the easy way out and just buying ours. I'd be the first one to sing your praises if you did that.

I hate to see Larry go if this is so,but he bailed on the snake and maybe a little Karma is passing on to him???????[/QUOTE

It is my understanding that LD used his OWN money to buy out the remaining time on his contract.......He knew that Snake was on his way out even at that time......what was he gonna do....work for Snake in '09 for the last time and sit out '10 like Massey did or do the deal, get released and win another championship in '10??? That is all................

Now that this off-season has officially gotten weird ... how about Larry Dixon in that top fuel car in Force's shop? Larry can drive next season, the team develops and gels, Brittany tests on Mondays (like Courtney did this year). Dixon stays out there and buys some time to line up sponsorship/a permanent ride, and Brittany gets brought along for a year the way Papa John likes it done, then she steps into a 100% ready team and ride in '13.

Now that this off-season has officially gotten weird ... how about Larry Dixon in that top fuel car in Force's shop? Larry can drive next season, the team develops and gels, Brittany tests on Mondays (like Courtney did this year). Dixon stays out there and buys some time to line up sponsorship/a permanent ride, and Brittany gets brought along for a year the way Papa John likes it done, then she steps into a 100% ready team and ride in '13.

Chris, I was just thinking that. Hope LD is in a full time, competitive ride next year.

Also heard NHRA going to SPEED, but at this point who the hell knows...:cool:

I can tell ya the Versus Network now has dead air to fill on Sat and Sunday nites with the PBR heading to CBS Sports Network. Though I don't see NHRA on the new NBC Sports after Versus renaming come thru. ESPN2 solid I would say.

I posted this on a previous thread:

"It's my understanding it's a done deal and has been since LV or before. Lucas and Dixon drive, Forest is the owner and AJ is the manager with AJ's current crews. Forrest purchased everything from AJ after the Shiek settled up with AJ by giving him ownership to all the teams assets."

Well it appears Morgan didn't like the competition from Larry which has kinda been his MO when Troxel and Todd we're drivers on the team. But from what I hear the deal still exists except for Dixon. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Regarding Copart, I hope they show up, but not a funded team, I'd love them to help out a Zizzo, or a Bill Miller, or a Chrisman, or any other low-budget team. Maybe a FC. As for the Al-Anabi deal, so if this shakes out the way some are saying, we could be down 2 top-tier cars? Meaning if Al-Anabi goes away altogether, and AJ aligns with Lucas.

Word around the backstreets and alleys her in So Cal. is that one of them is someone by the name of Jack.

I posted this on a previous thread:

"It's my understanding it's a done deal and has been since LV or before. Lucas and Dixon drive, Forest is the owner and AJ is the manager with AJ's current crews. Forrest purchased everything from AJ after the Shiek settled up with AJ by giving him ownership to all the teams assets."

Well it appears Morgan didn't like the competition from Larry which has kinda been his MO when Troxel and Todd we're drivers on the team. But from what I hear the deal still exists except for Dixon. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

If the deal you say is even true...What a crappy thing for Forrest to do. Buy someone elses team then Fire your current team you have now. If this is how it went down. People will say it was a Bought Championship for sure.

if Dixon gets a top notch ride, ( doubt he would accept anything less) that would mean someone else is loosing a seat!

I actually have a picture (35MM... remember that? - when you had to drop it off at Walgreens or Eckerd and wait a week to be developed?) of Larry wearing the burgandy Skoal Bandit uniform, cleaning parts for Don Purdhomme's race team. Don't know if all this stuff here is true (Larry has failed to mention it to me as of yet):D But I just want to say, that he's a great driver, a great guy.... and I wish him the best no matter what! FIERCE competitor

I actually have a picture (35MM... remember that? - when you had to drop it off at Walgreens or Eckerd and wait a week to be developed?) of Larry wearing the burgandy Skoal Bandit uniform, cleaning parts for Don Purdhomme's race team. Don't know if all this stuff here is true (Larry has failed to mention it to me as of yet):D But I just want to say, that he's a great driver, a great guy.... and I wish him the best no matter what! FIERCE competitor

if I remember correctly, he had a mullet like the best of them in the late 80's!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back