Dixon will drive for Johnson!! (1 Viewer)

Don't see why they wouldn't even speak to each other unless you provide me
with some dets...

After talking to someone who is a very close friend of Larry Dixon, I can say, with certainty, that while there have been discussions, the whole thing is currently in limbo. I can also say that Snake & Larry are no longer close friends, and in fact, hardly speak to each other these days.

Heard the same thing.:( It seems that LD asked for, and received, a contract extension last year and DP is holding him to it. This might create a lot of hard feelings and animosity.

You're joking, right? :confused: If not, her brothers are Jim and Jon Oberhoffer, both Top Fuel crew chiefs.
Yep, I was joking a little bit! In fact I had supper with the bros and Grubby and Hillary and sadly, Scott at Pat's Pig in Topeka. But thanks anyway Brent. I do appreciate the thoughtfulness.:D

Golly gosh, Nebraski, I was thinkin' y'all would 'member meeting up with Suzy Q two 'lil brothers went ya was up on the hill last summer, when we did the lo-jackin of your thread... thems 'bout my hight, but they make 'bout 3 o' me... lifes a witch when ya' a skinny dude, heck, my grand kids almost weigh 'bout as much as me... They kinda favor Suzy in looks... but then, she has two OUTSTANDING features that set her apart from her bros.....

Just like Teri S. she's got killer eyes... her bros as always 'round them thar pipe racks at Connies... I'm tellin' ya what, peoples always talkin' bout the brain trust over at JFR, well, I'll tell ya, I'd put the brain trust at Kalitta's up against 'em any ol' day o da week...

d'kid
Yep, Karl, I did see them up there at Bandimere and visited a bit...Just mention Suzie and watch Jim and Jon take off with stories--man I got more on Suzie than she can even imagine!!!!:D

After talking to someone who is a very close friend of Larry Dixon, I can say, with certainty, that while there have been discussions, the whole thing is currently in limbo. I can also say that Snake & Larry are no longer close friends, and in fact, hardly speak to each other these days.

If this is true that would be a shame as these 2 gentlemen have always come across as friends along with employer/employee. 2 people that both respected each other and and on each part, LD being eternally grateful to be driving for the Snake and the Snake being very happy to have one of if not the best driver in his dragster.

The rift between Snake & LD started a few years back and has just gotten worse with the current situation.

You would be surprised who can't stand who in the pits....and several work for each other (or worked, in a couple of cases). It's just like any other profession/office/company. It takes all kinds. If you were particularly observent during starting line shots, you would be able to pick out two who don't even look at each other, and one worked for the other.

There may have been some friction from the past but don't be confused. What is going on now is all about the current situation. They say it is business, but it is more like divorce. You hear about amicable splits but nobody has ever actually seen one..............:(

Yep, Karl, I did see them up there at Bandimere and visited a bit...Just mention Suzie and watch Jim and Jon take off with stories--man I got more on Suzie than she can even imagine!!!!:D

Ahhhhh......ahhhhhhh......ahhhhchewbull$hit!!!!!! You are not right either Terry!!!:D

There may have been some friction from the past but don't be confused. What is going on now is all about the current situation. They say it is business, but it is more like divorce. You hear about amicable splits but nobody has ever actually seen one..............:(

Nothing ends well ... otherwise it wouldn't end.

The rift between Snake & LD started a few years back and has just gotten worse with the current situation.

You would be surprised who can't stand who in the pits....and several work for each other (or worked, in a couple of cases). It's just like any other profession/office/company. It takes all kinds. If you were particularly observent during starting line shots, you would be able to pick out two who don't even look at each other, and one worked for the other.

hmmmm...AJ and The Don would be my first guess

I know that it is quite easy for people to say whatever they want in an interview but im quite surprised that they haven't found a driver yet, if thats true. This makes me lean towards Dixon getting the ride. It would only make sense considering that all of the stuff he's said in interview's wouldn't be a lie if he hasn't even been offered the job. Larry and Snake not having a good relationship also makes me think it could be him. I say Dixon to AJ and TJ to Snake.

I have to say this is probably one of the most anticipated press releases this year.

No matter who it is, he/she is going into a top notch ride. Good luck to whoever it is.

I say Dixon to AJ, Spencer Massey to Snake. Spencer already has a place to live in Brownsburg, just in case.

Spencer already under contract to Snake........as for Dixon????????:D(or should those be $$$$$$$$ :eek:)

Mmmm, no offense to the other drivers, but it seems to me if Dixon was actually available, the deal would be done by now. AJ didn't waste any time getting Del secured, that's for sure. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back