Dixon will drive for Johnson!! (1 Viewer)

Yes, Larry started from the ground up with Snake...I remember in the late 80's when Snakes shop was in the San Fernando Valley, I drove by the day after Thanksgiving (had to get out of the house with the in-laws), and as I drove down the alley kinda behind where the shop was there was Larry working on the car for next year.

I'm sure Larry is torn between the current situation. He has been nothing but loyal to the Snake because Don gave him his opportunity.
Don knew what he had don't kid yourself!
But as stated this is a once in a lifetime situation that he has to consider and ask himself what's best for him and and his family it's a situation I bet he really hasn't had to deal with before but he has a good sounding board to help him his Dad.
I hope this gets worked out for everybody Snake, Larry and Alan because at the end of the day business is business.
Good luck to all involved I wish all of them the best.

I will wait for a news release from mister Johnson himself. thank you very much.

Not logical to "buy out" another contract $$$$ to acquire a driver when there is plenty of talent that would kill and even pay to get that ride. Looks like "The agent" is just plying his trade as a tabloid journalist. And you folks are buying it every time he flushes the commode. face it. In this desperate economy you need to get views and back links. If that means publishing bull shiat and rumors to get attention so be it. At DRO, every day is 4/1

Like me, maybe the Agent should never drink Southern Comfort and post?

Pass the Lime Juice Steve...

LD to AJ, TJ to AJ, Troxy tpo AJ and TJ to Roger's Flopper, AJ driving his own car, JR to AJ, Hillary to AJ.... have I missed any?

Who knows what lurks in the heart of men? The Shadow KNOWS...:eek::D

d'kid

Wow...I'm wondering if anyone has ever thought that maybe Snake & Larry might be friends..ya know Buds? Maybe sat down..had a few words about what's going on? Ya think? Since LD has been there since the mullet..hehe.

I believe these guys are way TIGHT..and if Larry leaves..my bet is that Snake gives the blessing. It doesn't always have to be about some schemer sh!t.

I wish them both the best.

LD to AJ, TJ to AJ, Troxy tpo AJ and TJ to Roger's Flopper, AJ driving his own car, JR to AJ, Hillary to AJ.... have I missed any?

d'kid

How about Hot Rod joining Shoe's team? :eek:

I heard it was going to be Linda Lovelace's daughter---she would no dought blow a few --but she wont choke on the big ones:)

d'kid

Karl.. you missed one... Kenny Bernstein coming out of retirement for one last run... one last successfull run... seeing how the last outing in the FC went....:p

Billy

I'm sure Larry is torn between the current situation. He has been nothing but loyal to the Snake because Don gave him his opportunity.
Don knew what he had don't kid yourself!
But as stated this is a once in a lifetime situation that he has to consider and ask himself what's best for him and and his family it's a situation I bet he really hasn't had to deal with before but he has a good sounding board to help him his Dad.
I hope this gets worked out for everybody Snake, Larry and Alan because at the end of the day business is business.
Good luck to all involved I wish all of them the best.

Yes WE all have our preference and I bet there is no one here who would want to be ,opportunity aside, LD. His long time association with Snake Racing, his obvious respect for DP and his overall respect for the sport and it's history would make his jumping to AJ a MAJOR decision for anyone. As I have stated before I hope LD honors his contract and then let the cards fall where they will after 2009. Then I would hope that DP would give the free agent the same respect to LD as he has shown to him.
I guess we will find out soon!

Please keep in mind that it is 'SILLY SEASON'!!!

Why can't Alan mentor a new Champion? I love me some Larry Dixon, but how about a challenge Alan? No disrespect, but Larry has already won 2 Top Fuel Championships. Feed someone who is HUNGRY!!!

Whatever happens.......happens! Bottom line.........Alan has nothing to prove as a crew cheif! He is the man!

The only thing left for him to conquer is driving to the championship! Think about it!

LOVE YOU ALAN JOHNSON!!!:D

Why can't Alan mentor a new Champion? I love me some Larry Dixon, but how about a challenge Alan? No disrespect, but Larry has already won 2 Top Fuel Championships. Feed someone who is HUNGRY!!!

Whatever happens.......happens! Bottom line.........Alan has nothing to prove as a crew cheif! He is the man!

The only thing left for him to conquer is driving to the championship! Think about it!

Suzie

Now that is a novel of an idea that has not been broached before. It would prove what we all know of Aj's abilities is that he is the one of the bests if not the best.

On the same subject many will remember the same discussion taking place as to who was the best crew chief. After Scott Kallita and then LD winning their 2 back to back championships Dick Lahaie was proclaimed as THE MAN. Same thing for Dale Armstrong when with KB. But the fact is with no disrespect meant to any of the above they have all done it with some very experienced drivers.

So Suzie throwing in the towel already on your brothers chances next year? ;)

Think about the interviews after Larry won Pomona. Larry said something like "Can't I enjoy this for awhile" (in so many words) and Snake, when approached, chuckled a little and said something like "Oh we're gonna be fine", and he seemed a little emotional, which would make sense if he had just possibly won his last race with someone he obviously thinks highly of. In other words, they have both been very non-committal. If Larry isn't leaving Snake, I would bet AJ is trying hard to make that happen. And as far as loyalty, well trying to make a living off of drag racing has always been a very speculative venture, and now, in the current economic climate, there really isn't much security anywhere. So while Larry has had a great run with Snake, I'm sure there is a stong possibilty he's being given an offer he can't refuse (watched a little Godfather last night :D), and you can't blame him if he takes it. The guy's got a family and a future to provide for.

when dixon was being interviewed after winning pomona and his motor was all a flame he said we meaning him and his team would have all winter to fix it. he also stated earlier that he had a signed contract to race with snake . snake gave larry a great change to drive for him and I believe dixon is too honorable to break a contract with the guy who gave him the change.

So Suzie throwing in the towel already on your brothers chances next year? ;)

By all means no! heeeheheee!!! They were the ones who had to keep telling me that!!! They love Alan so much and they are all great friends. What is great about the the family atmosphere out there on the road is that people like Alan Johnson are very helpful to the younger generation that will be the next batch of Alan Johnson's out there. Someday Alan will retire and I am sure he will be glad to have passed on a little help to his friends! :D

That is the beauty of this sport that everyone is willing to help each other out, even if you are competing in the other lane.

My brothers have been so lucky to have worked with the best minds in drag racing. It is so cool that they have been exposed to such a great pool of knowledge.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back