Dixon will drive for Johnson!! (1 Viewer)

The rift between Snake & LD started a few years back and has just gotten worse with the current situation.

Pat, could you fill in the beginning of the problem without breaking any confidences you have?

The Snake and Dixon thing is a rumor...simply a rumor. LD will be in the seat for 09 Winternats. They were doing the molded seat for Dixon before Thanksgiving..

Don't know nuthin about that Dixon guy, , , ,
but the word from Texas this past week is that there Massey kid is driving something for the Snake in 2009.
Now Texan's won't tell ya no lies.... .....well not all the time ;)

Well....if you believe post 82 AND 83(not sure what the head count on that would be:)), then we might as well start "figuring out" the crew chief for the second team car :D:D

I sure don't have any inside info, but it seems to me that if AJ had a driver picked from the available batch of drivers, he would have already announced it. Makes me think that the reason we haven't heard yet is because the driver he wants is still technically "unavailable", pending the conclusion of negotiations to make him available ( $$$$ contract buy-out). For sentimental reasons, I would really like to see TJ get the ride, Lord knows he deserves it and has paid his dues many times over, not to mention the fact that he's one of the nicest guys out there. All of the people mentioned for this ride are quality drivers and people, and it's surely the lottery winner ride of the century, so I don't see how any of them will be the wrong choice. Just seems to me that if any of the other people mentioned were going to be named, it would have been done by now. .02 FWIW

It seems cut and dried to me. The seat is Larry Dixon's if AJ, Larry and Snake can work it out. If not, TJ gets the seat.

There is no big hurry yet ... cars won't be on the track until January anyway. Still a month to iron out all the driver details. The more important tasks of getting cars, crew, transporters, parts, shop sorted etc is surely going ahead full steam. As long as that list of tasks is completed to AJ's satisfaction ... putting a driver in the car is the easy part IMO.

I say Dixon to AJ, Spencer Massey to Snake. Spencer already has a place to live in Brownsburg, just in case.

Mother knows best!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back