TJ driving for AJ (1 Viewer)

Let's see -

AlAnabi wants LD as their driver

The Snake says no, have contract, to LD driving for AJ (Per Skip Alum)

AJ's eye's get big as saucers when asked about LD being the driver (on Wind Tunnel)

Basically no comment from LD ( any chance when asked to confirm or deny)

2 day's after the finals and we get 2 new names listed as being in the mix

Yes it seems that LD is the coveted choice of the new team, but, can his professed loyalty to DP be swayed for him to somehow make the switch?

It seems to me that if LD is going to uphold his end of the contract he should have sometime somehow signal that intent. No, Sunday night was not the time, but as time goes on his silence indicates that he is interested.

For my 2 cents, I would be disappointed if this were to happen (drive for AJ) as I have the utmost respect for Larry and the way he has handled himself throughout his career. His name along with DRIVER for Don Prudhomme are almost said always in the same sentence. I would like to see him end his driving career right where he is at and then as he has stated take over, buy or start his own team from the Snake when he decides to give it up.

For my 2 cents, I would be disappointed if this were to happen (drive for AJ) as I have the utmost respect for Larry and the way he has handled himself throughout his career.

Although I agree with you, Jim, I have a funny feeling you're going to end up being disappointed................

Sean D

How about TJ with a one year gig with AJ?
Then perhaps when LD is free, he gets the seat.
TJ at least will work for another year and wait for KB to be able to fund a second team.
Man, all this initials stuff is getting confusing.

Being a huge Snake AND Dixon fan, I'd have mixed emotions about Larry leaving DPR and his "American" sponsor. But flag waving aside, I'll support Larry no matter who he races for. He's my favorite driver as well as a terrific person and family man. If he wins a championship with this Sheik, then fabulous. I'd be ecstatic. I wish for what's ever best for Larry, however, deep down I'm sorta wishing Snake stays firm about not letting him go. In fact, I hope he's a real pr*ck about it. Just an honest opinion from a fan.

Of course, I really don't know what's going on and like many of us, will have to wait and see. TJ would be a great choice. Would he be interested in driving a digger again?

Last edited:
If it is true, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Does the other half--Melanie--have a ride next year?

Lori,

Melanie has been assured that her ride is set for 2009 at least, and other than the economy being so bad that NOTHING is for sure now, I would plan on seeing her back in the same ride as this year. This question has come up multiple times and her team owner has responded multiple times that he has the funding to go all 24 races next year. Everything is subject to change though.

~Kurt

Lori,

Melanie has been assured that her ride is set for 2009 at least, and other than the economy being so bad that NOTHING is for sure now, I would plan on seeing her back in the same ride as this year. This question has come up multiple times and her team owner has responded multiple times that he has the funding to go all 24 races next year. Everything is subject to change though.

~Kurt

Thanks for the info Kurt.
L.

These threads are getting really old! "Welcome to the nitromater, where everyday is like a broken record...."

I'm happy to wait, and see what happens!

Lori,

~Kurt

The current Pro Care RX deal was for 2 years. I know this for sure. They have the funding for at least next year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back