MOPAR pulls pro stock sponsorship from DSR (1 Viewer)

first the army with the bikes now mopar for dsr, add that too skytel, jeigermeister, and whatever comes next, its early in the off season but all these sponsors pulling out isnt good news at all. hmmm couldnt have anything to do with lack of coverage of thier brands because of the countdown now would it? :cool:

first the army with the bikes now mopar for dsr, add that too skytel, jeigermeister, and whatever comes next, its early in the off season but all these sponsors pulling out isnt good news at all. hmmm couldnt have anything to do with lack of coverage of thier brands because of the countdown now would it? :cool:

I suspect it has more to do with the new owners of Chrysler looking to cut expenses than anything. As for the other companies, the economy may not be in a recession yet, but I bet that marketing budgets are being scrutinized like hell. Do you think NASCAR's declining TV ratings is going to make it easier for those teams to attract sponsors?

Right on Jeff. NHRA keeps up the bullshlt and they'll all be leaving.

i hope Alan Johnson and Larry Morgan do not lose out either. You never want to see sponsors walk away. But think about this, how much tv time does prostock actually get compared to the Nitro burners. I have said this for years, the prostockers do not get the respect they deserve and even less tv time. 1 hour shows on ESPN and they you see a prostocker for 2 seconds, cmon how can any of these teams keep sponsors.

Nascar on the other hand you figure on a 4 hour race show most teams running in the back of the field probably get more tv time that any top 16 prostock teams.

Thats my .02!!!

I suspect it has more to do with the new owners of Chrysler looking to cut expenses than anything. As for the other companies, the economy may not be in a recession yet, but I bet that marketing budgets are being scrutinized like hell. Do you think NASCAR's declining TV ratings is going to make it easier for those teams to attract sponsors?

I'd bet with you on the MOPAR ownership change and the fact that they're in the toilet with all the other American manufacturers due to sluggish sales. I don't even think NASCAR is safe from downsizing.

Skytel had plenty of coverage during the Countdown and they still left (Skytel was leaving regardless of the points structure). Chrysler also cut their Nascar sponsorship for next year, so to blame their reduction in sponsorship to the Countdown is premature. How about Monster, Rockstar, MTS, and CAT coming into the sport this year WITH the Countdown?

The blurb at DRO says Richie knew at Las Vegas,but on a reputable site,it was said Richie was all set with Shoe for 2008,,in fact I think it was on the Summit site??The only thing changing was Valspar leaving.I'll belive this one when I see something more concrete.

Time for "The Don" to chime in on this one.

I hope things work out for Don and Richie.

Hats off to Don for putting the Pro Stock effort together. I realize it had some troublesome times (Glidden) but overall he fielded a first class operation.

Thanks Don!

The "If" word is important in this article. Obviously not a done deal. I'll wait for a press release from DSR. Looks like Shoe's wardrobe department will be under much less pressure next year - ;)

This is coming from the same person who said Oakley would replace Castrol on Ms. Force's car next year. :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back