MOPAR pulls pro stock sponsorship from DSR (1 Viewer)

Regardless if the sponsors departures we have seen are countdown related or just business doing business. I would think there should be at least some concern with the numbers that are leaving, especially since this year was supposed to be the year changes were made to bring in more people. Not a steady step forward for the "next level"

Regardless if the sponsors departures we have seen are countdown related or just business doing business. I would think there should be at least some concern with the numbers that are leaving, especially since this year was supposed to be the year changes were made to bring in more people. Not a steady step forward for the "next level"

well as a business owner, i can tell you that it doesn't happen overnight

well as a business owner, i can tell you that it doesn't happen overnight

very true, it just seems in the year of the big push forward in an attempt to gain more coverage and such that these are steps backwards?

I know that conjecture can be made to fit your point of view but I think I am going to hold back judgement until we get the offical word as to why they left. Might not be about drag racing at all it, could just be about company economics....

Then again what fun are facts anyway..................

jim

see I was trying to not point fingers. All I was trying to say is its bad for racing that they are leaving. For it to happen following the big push this season seems even worse timing wise for drag racing.

When I first heard about the sale, I thought.... 'there goes drag racing sponsorship'. Now it happens.

I totally agree Jackee and had the same thoughts a few months back. The new owners of Chrysler are keeping the company private which means they'll need to run it in a profitable manner with their own money. As much as we all love Pro Stock, I think we'd all agree that it would be difficult to point to a positive return on investment in sponsorship dollars. That's reason #1 that Don Shoe should be recognized for creating this team. He had to have been spending some of his own money on that effort.

Bob Glidden was not the problem, but the solution. Too bad he wasn't still there (and listened to), the story would be a whole lot different today.:)

Ian,

I wasn't referring to Bob as being the problem. He just happened to be the guy in charge when we lost Jeggie and when the team began to struggle. Once Richie began running under Allen & Roy Johnson's guidance he was instantly a top half car and began winning races. There's no denying Bob's ability. It just wasn't the right fit for him.

So you have to wonder....... how does this effect the Mopar Mile High Nationals? Probably not at all (at least on the surface), but I DO know that the Chrysler Bigwigs were present last July - and they were loving life each time those 2 cars went through the Bandimere water box. I'm sure those 2 drivers will still be around come the Winternationals. DSR has "a few dollars" lying around......

I didn't know we had so many "insiders" here that know all about Chrysler and how they are going to spend their money.

I didn't know we had so many "insiders" here that know all about Chrysler and how they are going to spend their money.

I hear you Chris...kind of humorous.

My guess is that there'll be factory 'support' but it won't be like it was in the past...but that's just my guess. Allen & Roy are sooooo close to being 'there' with Cagnazzi and Anderson's efforts. If Roy has a good winter...watch out! ;)

The blurb at DRO says Richie knew at Las Vegas,but on a reputable site,it was said Richie was all set with Shoe for 2008,,in fact I think it was on the Summit site??The only thing changing was Valspar leaving.I'll belive this one when I see something more concrete.

Time for "The Don" to chime in on this one.

I'll save you the trouble and just say, "Apology accepted.":rolleyes:

Thanks,

Ian

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back