DRO recognizes season long champions (1 Viewer)

In a related story, DRO is going to give the "OLD POINTS" champion a T-Shirt that reads..."I GOT SCREWED IN THE COUNTDOWN FOR $400,000 and All I got was this Stupid T-Shirt!":rolleyes:

Come on Folks...Let it go!!! We can debate all winter long who "SHOULD HAVE WON" but at the end of the day, HE..Or SHE..who hoists the Trophy and cashes that big ol check in Pomona..IS THE CHAMP!

We can debate all winter long who "SHOULD HAVE WON" but at the end of the day, HE..Or SHE..who hoists the Trophy and cashes that big ol check in Pomona..IS THE CHAMP!

Bullshit. If anyone but Fuller and Capps win the championship this year, they will NOT be the real "Champ". These are the guys in fuel that have won it so far. For Schumacher to go out first round TWELVE TIMES(!!!) and end up in the final 4 is a crock. :mad:

Last edited:
Bullshit. If anyone but Fuller and Capps win the championship this year, they will NOT be the real "Champ". These are the guys in fuel that have won it so far. For Schumacher to go out first round and end up in the final 4 is a crock. :mad:

Agreed and we might as well throw either GA or if DC (if he can score 28 more points than GA) and Matt Smith into that same category.

Bullshit. If anyone but Fuller and Capps win the championship this year, they will NOT be the real "Champ". These are the guys in fuel that have won it so far. For Schumacher to go out first round and end up in the final 4 is a crock. :mad:

Now this is funny. :D:D

Now this is funny. :D:D

I agree! :D

I mean - he only went out 6 times last year first round...and 6 times second round. With the biggest points deficit ever to come back and win with those stupid numbers, it's just ridiculous to think he is championship material. I definitely don't see how his team got back up into the top 4! :rolleyes:

DLB

Mike Dunn said it best on Sunday, you can think whatever you want about who you think the real champs are, but the real champs will be whoever gets the Powerade trophy and check. Remember, your opinion will not make its way into the NHRA's offical records.

Bullshit. If anyone but Fuller and Capps win the championship this year, they will NOT be the real "Champ".

and you know what, you are wrong, the real champ is the one who will collect the Powerade check and trophy. Your opinion means NOTHING on who the real champs are, so stop your crying. All the racers knew the format going into the year, so it is unfair to take anything away from the teams who race within the format and will be crowned the real champs.

The Champions will be crowned at Pomona.

That is no fiction, it will be fact........Sorry, the truth, as they say, hurts.

When the gates opened at Pomona at the outset of this year, dems wuz da' rulz..............

And those rules were under the present format.

All the racers knew this and played the game anyway.

Because they are racers and also believed they could win the whole thing.

Countdown or no Countdown.

All of them had the same chance.

And ALL of them have worked their ASSES off.

The "fake" champs will be crowned by Jeff Jerk on DRO and those here on "Whine'O'Mater"

Those are also the facts.

Let the rationalization begin:cool:

REX

Bullshit. If anyone but Fuller and Capps win the championship this year, they will NOT be the real "Champ". These are the guys in fuel that have won it so far. For Schumacher to go out first round TWELVE TIMES(!!!) and end up in the final 4 is a crock. :mad:

Ditto Tom!!!!!!

The Champions will be crowned at Pomona.

That is no fiction, it will be fact........Sorry, the truth, as they say, hurts.

When the gates opened at Pomona at the outset of this year, dems wuz da' rulz..............

And those rules were under the present format.

All the racers knew this and played the game anyway.

Because they are racers and also believed they could win the whole thing.

Countdown or no Countdown.

All of them had the same chance.

And ALL of them have worked their ASSES off.

The "fake" champs will be crowned by Jeff Jerk on DRO and those here on "Whine'O'Mater"

Those are also the facts.

Let the rationalization begin:cool:

REX

Because the idiot's that run NHRA fabricated the champion not based on cradle to grave performance as it should be! :cool:

Might as well have a slot machine style finish line detectors that act like haywire machines that determine the winner no matter who crossed the finish line first! LOL :p
Rex and Paul this is a forum were people have a right to voice their opinions I understand what you are saying but it still don't make it right in a lot of peoples books including us long time fans.
If you like the new system fine! I like a lot of others don't! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Because the idiot's that run NHRA fabricated the champion not based on cradle to grave performance as it should be! :cool:

Might as well have a slot machine style finish line detectors that act like haywire machines that determine the winner no matter who crossed the finish line first! LOL :p

They have, ask Steve Johnson :confused:
Win on Sunday, get crowned on Monday! :eek:

Mike Dunn said it best on Sunday, you can think whatever you want about who you think the real champs are, but the real champs will be whoever gets the Powerade trophy and check. Remember, your opinion will not make its way into the NHRA's offical records.

That may be true, however the PBR was saddled with a 'Countdown' also and due to popular demand, this year they gave a trophy to the top points winner too. Enough people (contenders & fans) complained. But you're probably right, the PBR is just made up of a bunch of hick cowboys who give a crap.... and for sure, public opinion has never swayed the NHRA. ;)

Might as well have a slot machine style finish line detectors that act like haywire machines that determine the winner no matter who crossed the finish line first! LOL
Rex and Paul this is a forum were people have a right to voice their opinions I understand what you are saying but it still don't make it right in a lot of peoples books including us long time fans.
If you like the new system fine! I like a lot of others don't!

It does not matter "Because" of anything.

The 2007 NHRA Powerade Champs will be the Champs and wear the #1 on their cars all next year:eek:

I and Paul (and others) also have the "right" to voice our opinions, however with one caveat, we have actual facts to back us up.

The #1 and the check and trophy will go to the Powerade Champs.

So the people that will not recognize the Actual Champs and give out the 2007 Nitromater/DRO Championship.......the Trophy, the Check, the #1 "plate", will have the "fake" champion and you can have your statistical champ.

Heck, at least award the guy/gal with a decal or sumpthin':D

If you like the old system fine, I, like a lot of others, don't!:rolleyes:

So the people that will not recognize the Actual Champs and give out the 2007 Nitromater/DRO Championship.......the Trophy, the Check, the #1 "plate", will have the "fake" champion and you can have your statistical champ.

Heck, at least award the guy/gal with a decal or sumpthin':D

The 2007 Nitromater/DRO Champions will receive a box of Kleenex and a Mickey Mouse trophy made out of plastic for their efforts:D!

In a related story, DRO is going to give the "OLD POINTS" champion a T-Shirt that reads..."I GOT SCREWED IN THE COUNTDOWN FOR $400,000 and All I got was this Stupid T-Shirt!":rolleyes:

Come on Folks...Let it go!!! We can debate all winter long who "SHOULD HAVE WON" but at the end of the day, HE..Or SHE..who hoists the Trophy and cashes that big ol check in Pomona..IS THE CHAMP!
Looking at the numbers, mathematically, Fuller and Capps could have clinched @ Vegas.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall if that scenario plays out.

When and if the HD partners take over that might end the NASCAR mentality that NHRA has copied! :p

I could only hope. :eek:

That contest is not very fair for Matt Smith now is it? Oh yeah, life ain't fair.

Pay attention my man,

Under the old system, Tony Shoe would be in the top 4, even under the old system, you forget he also has 5 wins......................

Under the old system, Dixon still has a chance to get by Fuller, under the old system.........

Under the old system, Hight would only need 3 more rounds and a few qualifying positions to get by Capps under the boring ass, OLD SYSTEM!:eek:

You guys should really let it play out before you shed anymore unwarrented tears!

Last edited:
We all knew the rules of the game before the season began. Those of us who don't agree with them have to suck it up. Do I agree with the countdown? No. Do I have to like it? No. Do I have to live with it? Yes, for now. When the 2007 Champions are crowned they will be exactly that, Champions. In a couple of weeks those that want to fight the fight will have approximately 13 weeks to do so. In the meantime enjoy the Drag Races and when the time comes congratulate the NHRA Champions. When the 2008 season begins we'll play by what ever the rules are at that time, or we won't play.

That contest is not very fair for Matt Smith now is it? Oh yeah, life ain't fair.

Pay attention my man,

Under the old system, Tony Shoe would be in the top 4, even under the old system, you forget he also has 5 wins......................

Under the old system, Dixon still has a chance to get by Fuller, under the old system.........

Under the old system, Hight would only need 3 more rounds and a few qualifying positions to get by Capps under the boring ass, OLD SYSTEM!:eek:

You guys should really let it play out before you shed anymore unwarrented tears!

I've said it before, I don't like the new points, but except in flopper, I couldn't tell you who was champion in the other three Pro Classes in the last 30 years... F/C john, gary, john, tony, john.... 92 cruz, john, 89 bruce, kb, frank, raymond, snake and that brings you back to the mid-70's...

But, I've never thought any year was Boring... I don't care if someone wraps it up in August or The last Pass at the World Finals...

Heres an Idea... Just Invite the top 16 to the Finals, pair them by points, and the Winner is Champion for the season... I'd like it better if they had to place top 3 in their Division, and a one race shoot out like in the good old days....

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back