Dixon will drive for Johnson!! (1 Viewer)

Suzie

Now that is a novel of an idea that has not been broached before. It would prove what we all know of Aj's abilities is that he is the one of the bests if not the best.

On the same subject many will remember the same discussion taking place as to who was the best crew chief. After Scott Kallita and then LD winning their 2 back to back championships Dick Lahaie was proclaimed as THE MAN. Same thing for Dale Armstrong when with KB. But the fact is with no disrespect meant to any of the above they have all done it with some very experienced drivers.

Ahhhhh......Dick Lahaie! What a GEM!!! You are right! Sometimes passing the torch is refreshing to energize an atmosphere.

It doesn't matter who gets the ride.........they are a lucky duck!!! Damn... I am jealous!!!:D

Ahhhhh......Dick Lahaie! What a GEM!!! You are right! Sometimes passing the torch is refreshing to energize an atmosphere.

It doesn't matter who gets the ride.........they are a lucky duck!!! Damn... I am jealous!!!:D

I thought Jason is the crew chief not Alan, maybe there is still hope for the others! :p

This just in from Agent 1000--AJ's new TF driver will be Jungle Jim Liberman. By the way, Suzie, these brothers of yours that everyone is always talking about---are they involved in drag racing in any way?????

I'm telling ya.....AJ Almendinger needs a ride. Coupled with Alan Johnson .... Now that we're in the Charlotte & Virgina markets.... with the right sponsor, that could be huge. Heck, back when Jack Clark brought in John Andretti to drive the Taco Bell top fueler, people were foaming at the mouth over it. I'm sure Alan could train him.... all he has to do is just hold on tight... don't move your arms.... keep your foot glued to the floor..... and count to 4. :D

By the way, Suzie, these brothers of yours that everyone is always talking about---are they involved in drag racing in any way?????

Golly gosh, Nebraski, I was thinkin' y'all would 'member meeting up with Suzy Q two 'lil brothers went ya was up on the hill last summer, when we did the lo-jackin of your thread... thems 'bout my hight, but they make 'bout 3 o' me... lifes a witch when ya' a skinny dude, heck, my grand kids almost weigh 'bout as much as me... They kinda favor Suzy in looks... but then, she has two OUTSTANDING features that set her apart from her bros.....

Just like Teri S. she's got killer eyes... her bros as always 'round them thar pipe racks at Connies... I'm tellin' ya what, peoples always talkin' bout the brain trust over at JFR, well, I'll tell ya, I'd put the brain trust at Kalitta's up against 'em any ol' day o da week...

d'kid

Please keep in mind that it is 'SILLY SEASON'!!!

Why can't Alan mentor a new Champion? I love me some Larry Dixon, but how about a challenge Alan? No disrespect, but Larry has already won 2 Top Fuel Championships. Feed someone who is HUNGRY!!!

:D

Hey Suzie,

AJ did train a rookie and make him Champion, You may not remember (it's been ten years) But there once was a guy named Scelzi, AJ picked him to drive and he won the first two races and the championship his first year.

Driver Training.....been there done that-LOL:D:D

Alan

Hey Suzie,

AJ did train a rookie and make him Champion, You may not remember (it's been ten years) But there once was a guy named Scelzi, AJ picked him to drive and he won the first two races and the championship his first year.

Alan

Yeah, and if this old brain box serves me somewhat correctly, that scenario came pretty close to the way it worked with Tony as well.

Yeah, and if this old brain box serves me somewhat correctly, that scenario came pretty close to the way it worked with Tony as well.
Sorry Pete; Tony had already won races, been on tour full time for over 6 years, and won a championship before they hired AJ.

Vent-ON:
The only good Rumours was a 1977 album by Fleetwood Mac!!! I'm really tired of all this BS. Just the facts ma'am!!! And, yes, I try not to pay any attention but when it's about 1 of my fave drivers...
Vent-OFF!

Sorry Pete; Tony had already won races, been on tour full time for over 6 years, and won a championship before they hired AJ.

Vent-ON:
The only good Rumours was a 1977 album by Fleetwood Mac!!! I'm really tired of all this BS. Just the facts ma'am!!! And, yes, I try not to pay any attention but when it's about 1 of my fave drivers...
Vent-OFF!

Sorry Wayne althought your statment is true, But I beleive that Pete may know abit more about DSR than you think.

Golly gosh, Nebraski, I was thinkin' y'all would 'member meeting up with Suzy Q two 'lil brothers went ya was up on the hill last summer, when we did the lo-jackin of your thread... thems 'bout my hight, but they make 'bout 3 o' me... lifes a witch when ya' a skinny dude, heck, my grand kids almost weigh 'bout as much as me... They kinda favor Suzy in looks... but then, she has two OUTSTANDING features that set her apart from her bros.....

Just like Teri S. she's got killer eyes... her bros as always 'round them thar pipe racks at Connies... I'm tellin' ya what, peoples always talkin' bout the brain trust over at JFR, well, I'll tell ya, I'd put the brain trust at Kalitta's up against 'em any ol' day o da week...

d'kid

Yew are not right Karl!!! Haaaahahahaaa!

Pass the Lime Juice Steve...

LD to AJ, TJ to AJ, Troxy tpo AJ and TJ to Roger's Flopper, AJ driving his own car, JR to AJ, Hillary to AJ.... have I missed any?

d'kid

uh yeah... you forgot your play by play partner Timmah, being named super secret test driver for AJR in 09' then, bringing out 2nd Al Anabi top fuel car towards Vegas 01 so he can wear his dress for Paul Rogers at driver intro's and people will think, (Wow, that Timmah guy sure is fashionable..but Hey, It's Vegas) in order to make the top 10 in points, (because of only 10 full time cars in the field next year, because the sky is falling, and there will be no sponsor money to field these cars ALLEGEDLY) and this car to be a Publicly announced "BLOCKER", so that we can test NHRA's rule about "THROWING RACES" because AJ will have more of a budget than any other team (ALLEGEDLY)....and he don't hurt parts, because like Connor McCloud, "HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE"!!! Then again, we won't need the blocker because, the car will have already been handed the Championship Trophy because it's AJ's car.....But, then I realized something that many here have seemed to overlook...

Psst.... isn't Jason McCulloch the crew cheif of the dragster, and AJ is the OWNER and taking an "INTEREST" in the tune up of the Funny Car???"

Yes, I agree that AJ is the man, I actually have been thinking that Jason McCulloch has been more than ready to take the reigns for the past few years, but like any new team, there WILL be bugs to work out folks!!! Yes, the log books stayed with DSR and the Army team. I am sure AJ could walk into your average Top Fuel team pit, look at your stuff and set you up with a standard 3.80's tune up (remember we're still in 1000' talk for 2009', oh and I'm willing to bet we should get used to these numbers for a LONG TIME), but don't start handing the trophy to AJR just because the "Man" is there. Don't count out people like The US ARMY TEAM, or THE KALITTA TEAM, or THE DAVID POWERS TEAM, That Morgan Lucas team....*well, maybe you can count them out... (just kiddin Morgan because I didn't get to exact my revenge on you taking me out in Vegas last year at the poker tourney...Yes I'm still bitter about it!) or...That "Snake team" quite yet!

No matter who is selected the "LOTTERY" Seat, (which honestly this gig is for these reasons)
- How many sponsorship commitments do you think you'll have to do at each race? Besides a few trips to Qutar, (which is actually a cool place to visit)
- You'll be given the best equipment, the best staff, the best resources, the best accomidations, the best support that AJ, and (T. Smith's Sheik yurbooty) will give ya....
- You'll be handed the keys to an off the trailer BAD A$$ hot rod....
- You get to drive for Alan "Freakin" Johnson (oh and don't forget the last time he owned his own top fuel car, that Winston Top fuel car with Scelzi driving was not too shabby)

This person will have the best opportunity to accomplish what this team was founded for, TO BRING DRAG RACING TO THE MIDDLE EAST!!! TO TRULY MAKE IT AN INTERNATIONAL SPORT! (not saying that the guys in Europe and Australia don't do this already)

I LOVE LD! He is one of the classiest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He is a true example of the "NEXT GENERATION OF DRIVERS". He, like me, grew up in the back seats of trucks towing to races with his old man. He grew up learning how to tune up a car, when other kids were learning how to throw a baseball (which if you have ever seen Larry Dixon Jr. throw a baseball....well...i'll leave it at that...:cool:) LD was learning the firing order of a Hemi! He cleaned his share of race cars, worked his way from a crew member on snakes team to REPLACING A LEGEND!!! (Even with the handicap of a REALLY BAD MULLET! Heck, he was even Steve Johnson's Roommate!!! Remember Dixon and the Biker?)

If the seat is his, That team will NOT have any bigger supporter than yours truly! But, one thing that the AGENT tends to miss, (NOTHING IS SET IN STONE UNTIL THE CONTRACTS ARE SIGNED AND DATED!!!) Mr. Agent 1320, (actually that's an embarrasment to our sport... I think I'll start calling you Agent WD-40, like Leslie Neilson's charactor in that HORRIBLE Spoof movie he made, even for Leslie Neilson's standards) if you are watching, (which a little bird told me that you do), do us all a favor, DON'T GET SO EXCITED TO GET YOUR GUN OFF THAT YOU LOSE sight of something called Journalistic Integrity. Just because you have heard something doesn't mean you should automatically post it. There are soooooo many variables that could decide whether LD gets this ride. What if the people from US TABACCO say at the last minute, "uh thanks but LD is our guy", or snake say's "Uh thanks but LD is MY GUY", or god (or Allah) forbid the sheik says...."you know I kinda like that Tommy Johnson kid, or that Steve Torrance kid, or that Hillary Will kid, or that Bobby Lagana kid..*(i'd be cool wit that too!) or that Erica Ortiz kid, or that Timmah Kid..."

Bottom line here folks, is that AJR has the peices in place.... The shop is ready to go, the team has been formed, the support equipment has been ordered and is on the way, the cars have been built, (and no, sorry I WAS NOT AT BRAD HADMAN'S SHOP BEING FITTED SORRY TO SAY) and are being assembled as we speak, they just need a "SHOE" to fill the outfit! (oh and for those who don't know, LD jr and TJ jr are darn near the same size...uh...so am I...except for an eazy 20 lbs that I can lose..hint hint...wink wink...) ;)When AJR is ready to release who the driver is, they will.

This post has been brought to you by "THE THREE WISE MEN"....
-Jack (not Beckman)
-Johnny (not West)
-Jim (not Suzie's brother)

Hey Suzie,

Alan

Yeah, that "Rookie" Scelzi needed lot's of trainin'...:rolleyes: Not that the dude didn't win events in TAD or TAFC before ever driving a top fuel car...

But, yes, working with "THE WILD THANG" would be a challenge for any person!

uh yeah... you forgot your play by play partner Timmah, being named super secret test driver for AJR in 09' then, bringing out 2nd Al Anabi top fuel car towards Vegas 01 so he can wear his dress for Paul Rogers at driver intro's and people will think, (Wow, that Timmah guy sure is fashionable..but Hey, It's Vegas) in order to make the top 10 in points, (because of only 10 full time cars in the field next year, because the sky is falling, and there will be no sponsor money to field these cars ALLEGEDLY) and this car to be a Publicly announced "BLOCKER", so that we can test NHRA's rule about "THROWING RACES" because AJ will have more of a budget than any other team (ALLEGEDLY)....and he don't hurt parts, because like Connor McCloud, "HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE"!!! Then again, we won't need the blocker because, the car will have already been handed the Championship Trophy because it's AJ's car.....But, then I realized something that many here have seemed to overlook...

Psst.... isn't Jason McCulloch the crew cheif of the dragster, and AJ is the OWNER and taking an "INTEREST" in the tune up of the Funny Car???"

Yes, I agree that AJ is the man, I actually have been thinking that Jason McCulloch has been more than ready to take the reigns for the past few years, but like any new team, there WILL be bugs to work out folks!!! Yes, the log books stayed with DSR and the Army team. I am sure AJ could walk into your average Top Fuel team pit, look at your stuff and set you up with a standard 3.80's tune up (remember we're still in 1000' talk for 2009', oh and I'm willing to bet we should get used to these numbers for a LONG TIME), but don't start handing the trophy to AJR just because the "Man" is there. Don't count out people like The US ARMY TEAM, or THE KALITTA TEAM, or THE DAVID POWERS TEAM, That Morgan Lucas team....*well, maybe you can count them out... (just kiddin Morgan because I didn't get to exact my revenge on you taking me out in Vegas last year at the poker tourney...Yes I'm still bitter about it!) or...That "Snake team" quite yet!

No matter who is selected the "LOTTERY" Seat, (which honestly this gig is for these reasons)
- How many sponsorship commitments do you think you'll have to do at each race? Besides a few trips to Qutar, (which is actually a cool place to visit)
- You'll be given the best equipment, the best staff, the best resources, the best accomidations, the best support that AJ, and (T. Smith's Sheik yurbooty) will give ya....
- You'll be handed the keys to an off the trailer BAD A$$ hot rod....
- You get to drive for Alan "Freakin" Johnson (oh and don't forget the last time he owned his own top fuel car, that Winston Top fuel car with Scelzi driving was not too shabby)

This person will have the best opportunity to accomplish what this team was founded for, TO BRING DRAG RACING TO THE MIDDLE EAST!!! TO TRULY MAKE IT AN INTERNATIONAL SPORT! (not saying that the guys in Europe and Australia don't do this already)

I LOVE LD! He is one of the classiest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He is a true example of the "NEXT GENERATION OF DRIVERS". He, like me, grew up in the back seats of trucks towing to races with his old man. He grew up learning how to tune up a car, when other kids were learning how to throw a baseball (which if you have ever seen Larry Dixon Jr. throw a baseball....well...i'll leave it at that...:cool:) LD was learning the firing order of a Hemi! He cleaned his share of race cars, worked his way from a crew member on snakes team to REPLACING A LEGEND!!! (Even with the handicap of a REALLY BAD MULLET! Heck, he was even Steve Johnson's Roommate!!! Remember Dixon and the Biker?)

If the seat is his, That team will NOT have any bigger supporter than yours truly! But, one thing that the AGENT tends to miss, (NOTHING IS SET IN STONE UNTIL THE CONTRACTS ARE SIGNED AND DATED!!!) Mr. Agent 1320, (actually that's an embarrasment to our sport... I think I'll start calling you Agent WD-40, like Leslie Neilson's charactor in that HORRIBLE Spoof movie he made, even for Leslie Neilson's standards) if you are watching, (which a little bird told me that you do), do us all a favor, DON'T GET SO EXCITED TO GET YOUR GUN OFF THAT YOU LOSE sight of something called Journalistic Integrity. Just because you have heard something doesn't mean you should automatically post it. There are soooooo many variables that could decide whether LD gets this ride. What if the people from US TABACCO say at the last minute, "uh thanks but LD is our guy", or snake say's "Uh thanks but LD is MY GUY", or god (or Allah) forbid the sheik says...."you know I kinda like that Tommy Johnson kid, or that Steve Torrance kid, or that Hillary Will kid, or that Bobby Lagana kid..*(i'd be cool wit that too!) or that Erica Ortiz kid, or that Timmah Kid..."

Bottom line here folks, is that AJR has the peices in place.... The shop is ready to go, the team has been formed, the support equipment has been ordered and is on the way, the cars have been built, (and no, sorry I WAS NOT AT BRAD HADMAN'S SHOP BEING FITTED SORRY TO SAY) and are being assembled as we speak, they just need a "SHOE" to fill the outfit! (oh and for those who don't know, LD jr and TJ jr are darn near the same size...uh...so am I...except for an eazy 20 lbs that I can lose..hint hint...wink wink...) ;)When AJR is ready to release who the driver is, they will.

This post has been brought to you by "THE THREE WISE MEN"....
-Jack (not Beckman)
-Johnny (not West)
-Jim (not Suzie's brother)

Timmah- Step away from the bourbon-basted turkey leg, bro....:D Whew...

Hey I would glady take on the driver in training role :)

Do ya think the agent just throws a dart at a board every week to start the newest driving rumor? I guess this way he'll be right eventually :)

I dont know who is driving but I do know the paint schemes being used look very very good....

After talking to someone who is a very close friend of Larry Dixon, I can say, with certainty, that while there have been discussions, the whole thing is currently in limbo. I can also say that Snake & Larry are no longer close friends, and in fact, hardly speak to each other these days.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back