Larry Dixon gone from Alan Johnson Racing (1 Viewer)

I posted this on a previous thread:

"It's my understanding it's a done deal and has been since LV or before. Lucas and Dixon drive, Forest is the owner and AJ is the manager with AJ's current crews. Forrest purchased everything from AJ after the Shiek settled up with AJ by giving him ownership to all the teams assets."

Well it appears Morgan didn't like the competition from Larry which has kinda been his MO when Troxel and Todd we're drivers on the team. But from what I hear the deal still exists except for Dixon. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I guess I am missing the disclaimer part John,

Please point it out for me........

Alan

AJ actually drove a TAD once or twice (may have got licensed) back in the day when he and Blaine first started out. He id not like it.

Dean

He did more that just a few races. I believe he drove for a few seasons in the 80's before Blaine took over. I think they were sand drag racers before going to the asphalt. Or maybe that was Scelzi, I forget.

I saw him in 85' (I think) win at a divisional in Woodburn. Driving a home built, Rodeck/Chevy powered TAD. #1 qualifier and the whole Menudo. The class of the field that weekend. We had never heard of the Johnsons before that. He certainly has made his mark. I like his style and wish him further good fortune in the future no matter who is behind the wheel.

Does it really matter who is behind the wheel? They will be dominators right out of the gate.

Mark, at first glance you may be thinking it doesn't matter who is behind the wheel, but on 2nd thought, I have to say it does matter whos behind the wheel, it has to do with reaction times. Look what Spencer Massey was able to do at Reading this year, when an awesome world record was run in the other lane.

Spencer Massey Del Worsham TFD Final Auto-Plus Nationals Readining Pa. 2011.mpg - YouTube

That was my entire point linking passion and rt, thus I got roasted like a marshmellow for it. Yea of course it's not gonna be a 100% conclusion ever because the cars not always gonna behave (react well, tire smoke, tire shake, boggin) but I do not buy for a second that some drivers do not feel the need to destroy the tree more than others. Passion IS a part of it, How big who knows?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back