The Danica vs Ashley comparison isn't.... (1 Viewer)

That’s because Drag Racing is still considered a grease monkey form of motorsports and Indy is considered a prestigious form of motorsports,
well that's certainly true. Classic films from the past three decades certainly didn't help. We need Will Ferrell to make an indy car themed comedy to even up the score.
it’s been that way from the beginning, and is to this day.
Ashley drives for a total of about 17 seconds on a good day while Danica drives 3 + hours much more exposure don't you think.
The way Whit put it in his interview at CompetitionPlus says it best NHRA is making it easier to drive these cars and it will get to the point they are no longer drivers anymore just pilots keeping in the groove and I agree with him.
Which is pointed out in the Bazemore article. Remote shutoffs at 1200 feet? CMON!!!!.
In other motorsports like IRL and formula 1 they stay true to the tradition of that sport. They don't reduce the length of the track or the distance because someone dies they realize what inherent danger of the sports means. Hell Formula 1 races in the rain in Europe.
Do you think they would do that here?
Of coarse I'm not refering to Drag Racing in the rain! :p

And they were always decades ahead in the technology. Electronically computer managed fuel systems and suspension, Carbon fiber back when drag racers were cavemen banging rocks together to form bodies. There are guys building formula cars in clean labs that would make Alan Johnson look like a simpleton.

Many race car drivers would sell their sole to do what they love to do.
Danica is one of those racers who does what her sponsoors require her to do. What is wrong with that.
It does not matter which sport in the world that have females participating in.
Selling sex is part of it. A reality of a male dominated world.
Ratings Ratings Ratings

Womans golf markets sex appeal, track and field does, snow sports do, water sports do. Hell even Curling does npow. If you are Canadian or like curling in general you should have seen the woman's canadian championships. Out of the 11 teams there at least half the woman were very good looking and the camera's were on those woman constantly.

Ashley Force does not parade around or market herself the way Danica does for a couple reasons. 1. She got that ride by way of her father owning the team.
2. She did not have to sell herself or her sole to get it.
It was handed to her. (but she proved she wanted it and deserves it) she is damn good at what she does.

Dean

Last edited:
Many race car drivers would sell their sole to do what they love to do.
Danica is one of those racers who does what her sponsoors require her to do. What is wrong with that.
It does not matter which sport in the world that have females participating in.
Selling sex is part of it. A reality of a male dominated world.
Ratings Ratings Ratings

Womans golf markets sex appeal, track and field does, snow sports do, water sports do. Hell even Curling does npow. If you are Canadian or like curling in general you should have seen the woman's canadian championships. Out of the 11 teams there at least half the woman were very good looking and the camera's were on those woman constantly.

Ashley Force does not parade around or market herself the way Danica does for a couple reasons. 1. She got that ride by way of her father owning the team.
2. She did not have to sell herself or her sole to get it.
It was handed to her. (but she proved she wanted it and deserves it) she is damn good at what she does.

Dean

and one other reason, Shes well spoken. has a terrific personality. And is knowledgeable. well OK that's three more reasons :D

There is another reason why Danica is getting so much attention right now.

This is the first time EVER that a female at this level of Nascar has been in top flight equipment.

Female drag racers have been in top equipment for 30 years or more .. but never in Nascar, and especially not at the top 3 levels.

I also think you will see Danica's attitude be different in Nascar than it is in IRL ..

People say she is a b**** in IRL .. but if you look at that series, there are only a handful of drivers that are NOT prima donnas.. the whole series has a holier than thou attitude. Nascar is more laid back, and I think you will see Danica adapt to that. She is too marketing savy to act the way she does in IRL .. or at least used to .. she has toned her act down quite a bit in the last year or so.

My daughter has three posters on her wall.. Ashley, Angelle and Danica ..

as mentioned previously . Ashley isn't marketed as hard as Danica is, for whatever reason.

Ashley is naturally beautiful, she doesn't need 5 pounds of make-up, and hair done-up by some glorified hair dresser like man boobed Danica does, even then Danica still isn't nearly beautiful as Ashley is with out make-up. BTW that so called go-daddy hot Danica commercial is dumb, and shows how low class she will go to try to sell something.

Ashley and Danica both drive because they are good at it.

I will say it again ... Danica is competent, Ashley is competitive. BIG difference.

Is Danica a good driver? Yes. Has she earned the equipment she has gotten the last half-decade? No. She is a marketing machine for whom just showing up at the track and cranking out some laps is usually good enough. Any on-track result is a bonus. Ashley expects and is expected to qualify near the top and go rounds, make the countdown and contend for a championship.

As for Danica, there are MUCH better drivers on the sidelines, particularly in the languishing IRL, but those drivers can't generate the buzz Danica can and NO ONE wants to see Buddy Rice, Paul Tracy or Graham Rahal in the SI Swimsuit Issue LOL.

As an aside ... Graham Rahal doesn't have a ride. Really? Danica can get a top flight ride in IRL and NASCAR and Graham Rahal has to watch on TV like the rest of us? It's a travesty, a sham and a mockery. It's a travashamockery!

Last edited:
I will say it again ... Danica is competent, Ashley is competitive. BIG difference.

Is Danica a good driver? Yes. Has she earned the equipment she has gotten the last half-decade? No. She is a marketing machine for whom just showing up at the track and cranking out some laps is usually good enough. Any on-track result is a bonus. Ashley expects and is expected to qualify near the top and go rounds, make the countdown and contend for a championship.

As for Danica, there are MUCH better drivers on the sidelines, particularly in the languishing IRL, but those drivers can't generate the buzz Danica can and NO ONE wants to see Buddy Rice, Paul Tracy or Graham Rahal in the SI Swimsuit Issue LOL.

As an aside ... Graham Rahal doesn't have a ride. Really? Danica can get a top flight ride in IRL and NASCAR and Graham Rahal has to watch on TV like the rest of us? It's a travesty, a sham and a mockery. It's a travashamockery!

Danica isn't competitive? You're funny, you know that. You sound like Rusty Wallace. Lame excuse after lame excuse.

She finished higher that every one of her team mates in season points. You're right, she is only competent.

Anyone who says Danica has not earned what she has, is just flat out jealous. Her ability to drive has given her what she has. If she couldn't drive, she would be Milk-n-Donuts without the boob job.......at the back of the pack, in the way, and wrecking whoever gets near her.

Ashley is naturally beautiful, she doesn't need 5 pounds of make-up, and hair done-up by some glorified hair dresser like man boobed Danica does, even then Danica still isn't nearly beautiful as Ashley is with out make-up. BTW that so called go-daddy hot Danica commercial is dumb, and shows how low class she will go to try to sell something.

I didn't say either one was "beautiful" attractive yes, but beautiful:confused:
You may be suffering from

A foolish, unreasoning, or extravagant passion or attraction. See Synonyms at love.

An object of extravagant, short-lived passion

:rolleyes:

Sorry to jump in this one but as far exposure goes Ashley has no chance 1.nascar money 2.Dale jr. money 3. godaddy money 4. fox, speed and espn
poor Ashley only has JFR

I am just thankful all of the competitors in our sport are here hell they could spend half on the budget of a pro team and finish 43rd Sun. and make the year end fuel champ bonus.

There's a lot of passion here but the real skinny is drag racing is nothing more than a cult sport anymore, probably lower than monster trucks. People who follow it are nuts about it but in the mainstream, it's a real yawner, especially on Sunday. There will be more people watching the Nationwide race today than ever before because of Patrick and who's going to be watching the Winternationals?

You sound like Rusty Wallace.

Dems fightin' words. ;)

She finished higher that every one of her team mates in season points. You're right, she is only competent.

Anyone who says Danica has not earned what she has, is just flat out jealous. Her ability to drive has given her what she has. If she couldn't drive, she would be Milk-n-Donuts without the boob job.......at the back of the pack, in the way, and wrecking whoever gets near her.

She beat her teammates? I could beat Hideki Mutoh. Tony Kanaan was injured after Indy and Marco Andretti is wildly inconsistent. By the way, not one pole or win between any of them last season. So congrats to her for being the best of the mediocre. And do you really think she is the best driver on that team? Kanaan, when healthy, drives circles around her.

I am not saying she shouldn't be out there ... she is a good driver ... but I keep waiting for the results to catch up to the hype to merit the opportunities and equipment she gets.

What happens when the beauty fades and she will be expected to actually produce results rather than buzz?

Danica isn't competitive? You're funny, you know that. You sound like Rusty Wallace. Lame excuse after lame excuse.

Totally agree. Danica is a heck of a driver. Probably not the best out there, but then again, she doesn't have the best equipment either. We'll see this year how well she does in the IRL since it seems Andretti has stepped his team up. No offense to Graham Rahal, he is a heck of a driver, but she did finish ahead of him in points last year. Hopefully, he will be out on the track this year. In a way, I hope many of you are correct and she is just a media magnet so she will fail miserably in NASCAR. I hate to see the IRL lose her.

Chris, Give Danica the same quality equipment as Ashley and she likely would have the same success on a regular basis
She will take a bit of time in nationwide and Arca, much like it took Ashley time to adapt in FC.

Kenny, she is doing what her sponsors are asking her to do to market their product Go Daddy is a fun oriented web based company, they want their spokeperson to be attractive and be able to fan fun. She fits it to a tee.

If you think that drag racers would not do the same
(not going to be marketed the same anyway since Drag racing is NOT mainstream)
The passion and loyalty you fans and posters here are expressing is commendable,
But you are not thinking in logical terms
Everything Danica is doing every other racer would do the same if they were in her situation, and if you disagree , you are dillusional.
(and are portraying a holyer than though attitude, that very few racers have the resources or luxury of doing)

The danica commercials are done with some fun, (perhaps this is her way of saying she is not aways a bi.ch) away form her competitiveness or bi..chiness on track

Dean

Last edited:
Chris, Give Danica the same quality equipment as Ashley and she likely would have the same success on a regular basis.

Uhhh ... she was Buddy Rice's teammate when he won Indy (and other races) in '04. Andretti-Green were champions in '06 and '07 when she was there with everyone on the team winning races in that span except her. Andretti claims they are poised to be back at the front, by show of hands who thinks she will be in victory lane before Kanaan or Marco? She's had the equipment and her chances ... where are the results?

I will cut her some slack to produce results on the NASCAR side ... it is harder than it looks ... Franchitti failed miserably, Hornish is just now getting going and Montoya hasn't won in 2 years. Danica is not in the same talent pool as any of those 3.

AGAIN ... she is a good driver and good on her for all of the opportunities that she has thus far had ... but there will come a time when people will be over the pretty face and the hype and it will be time to produce results, and I have not seen any indicators that she will be able to deliver on the merits of being a racing driver, rather than a girl-racer.

As far as Graham Rahal goes, he won the very first IRL race he ever competed in. And if you are willing to allow Danica to use equipment as a crutch, then Graham's equipment has been inferior to hers and yet he consistently outqualified her and led more laps but he is on the outside looking in. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
I understand the marketing aspect of a good looking girl but personally I don't give a crap whether they are good looking bad looking male female black white blue or purple.

and that may be the case with you along with 1,000 other people but you can guarantee that if everyone had this mindset then Danica would have ZERO sponsors. The number of people that think this way is much smaller than the people looking for a new draw/attention grabber which is why they have marketing firms/companies in the first place.

Don't ignore reality out there . . .

Hell Formula 1 races in the rain in Europe.
Do you think they would do that here?

Yes.

I was at last years Petit Le Mans and they raced in the rain for 20-30 minutes until the bottom fell out and it was pouring cats and dogs out there.

ALMS will race in the rain provided there aren't lakes and rivers out on the track.

even then Danica still isn't nearly beautiful as Ashley is with out make-up.

having seen both in person I am willing to admit AFH has a slight advantage but Danica isn't the man you are trying to make her out to be because she doesn't race a flopper.

The end of story should be the NHRA is a 2nd tier sport, with not enough viewers/interest, AND AFH isn't the "woman in a man's world" like Danica is.

I know we are die-hard drag racing fans through and through here but some of you guys are so defensive about drag racing its completely blocking your picture of reality.

Good post tyler, some here are not seeing the forest for the trees.:D:D
I've been around this sport for 40 years (both as a fan and professionally) and have seen pretty much everything you can see, and I do not have blinders on, and i know what it takes, and what you have to do to get sponsorship and keep sponsorship

Dean

Last edited:
Two thirds or more of the IRL drivers bought their ride in one form or another. doesn't men none of them can drive. And there is nothign wrong with Andretti's equipment. they won the championship just three years ago.

Good thing buying rides doesn't happen in drag racing.

Danica 84 race starts in IRL...

5 top 3 finishes including one win and one runner up.

Years Teams Races Poles Wins Podiums Top 10s Indy 500 Wins Championships
5 2 81 3 1 4 41 0 0

Ashley's Pro Career numbers

Starts Wins #1 Qualifier Runner Ups Indy Wins

65 3 5 5 1

Podium finish = Top 3

So, putting the numbers in perspective, they are 'comparable' to a point. Ashley has won (2) US NATIONALS championships in two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TYPES OF RACE CARS. Danica has yet to win a 'MAJOR' event.

In three years in the PRO category Force has won more events, had more pole positions, and let's not forget the most important title of AOL's HOTTEST FEMALE ATHLETE WHICH PROVED MALE DRAG RACING FANS HAVE MORE CLEVER USE OF THEIR COMPUTERS AND MORE TIME ON THEIR HANDS THAN THE AVERAGE IRL FAN....

Lesson here, You can't compare Danica and Ashley without interjecting your own personal opinion or bias. One goes round in circles or drives on a road course, the other goes straight VERY QUICKLY. They are both beautiful women.

As far as my own opinion, I think Pro Stock Bike rider "Kalifornia" Katie Sullivan and TAFC driver Cassie Simonton are the better driver/rider......

but then again, I am bias with those two

Until Danica drives for Penske or Ganassi you can't compare the two driver's results in recent years. Sorry, in today's environment Danica brings much more $$ to the their respective sports than Ashley.

Even timah doesn't understand:D:D:D

Dean

Yeah... us crazy American's don't get it right eh?

Actually let me ask you a question Dean-o.....

What's you definition of "Marketable"?

Mine has a whole lot to do with presentation. Who would I rather speak to a group of my investers, my stock holders, my employees, my customers....?

Listen to Danica talk... "Yeah uh... and uh... and uh... and uh... and uh... and uh"

Listen to Ashely talk....Smooth, clear and articulate

oh and PS it's Timmah....

Thanks Dean. Good job on the Speedzone calender.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back