Letter to Nitromater (1 Viewer)

Maybe the guy is upset that Pinks gets a higher TV rating than an IRL race.... :p

Think the guy that came in 2nd took a dive so she'd win? :D

Even the picture I seen of her leaning on her trophy presented a snotty, spoiled image. Again, my opinion, and Mark's apparently also.
Alan, Alan, buddy!!!! What's wrong here? All these posts and no hijacks! I am disappointed. I will say that I agree with you that Danica does not project a fan friendly persona and I think is disliked by many as a person. However, I think she became a victim of her own hype that caused too many expectations for performance from her too early. She certainly isn't the greatest driver the IRL has ever seen, but she does have considerable skill. That being said, how many waffles did we decide it takes to shingle a dog house?:D

Alan, Alan, buddy!!!! What's wrong here? All these posts and no hijacks! I am disappointed. I will say that I agree with you that Danica does not project a fan friendly persona and I think is disliked by many as a person. However, I think she became a victim of her own hype that caused too many expectations for performance from her too early. She certainly isn't the greatest driver the IRL has ever seen, but she does have considerable skill. That being said, how many waffles did we decide it takes to shingle a dog house?:D

It's my Monday, and I fished for about 10 hours yesterday, so I'm a little dis-combobulated.........:D

I have discovered that if I use a large waffle iron that makes the 4 square waffles, and am careful not to tear the seams, I can shingle the woof roof much more efficiently..............and peanut butter makes a great base coat, as long as you are in a temperate climate...:eek:

You guys let things get to you too much...lol

The IRL press are the best Tony George can buy.... always have been always will be.... they have looked down on all forms of motorsports for years.. Indy press reporters and the Indy heads......

When NASCAR came along to where they required or earned the equal amount of press ..to SALE papers.. the guys getting back door checks from the Georges had to pay attention to their orignial employers requests....

Tony George is happy he's getting press at a less of a cost than usual... Danica helped by winning....lol...

Let them have their day in the spot light....once the hoopla is over.. its back to paid advertisement press ops...... geez.. anyone notice the ARCA series had more people in the stands than the IRL this past weekend....????..lol...

It is funny he called out the NITROMATER forums...lol... the whole enternet system has allowed for over zelous comunications......lol.. no matter what the subject....lol..

Billy

Danica who?
stirthepot.gif

It's funny this thread is here, as I was waiting for the races Sunday, I watched the last bit of the Over-Sized Go Cart race, and when I turned it on, they happened to be interviewing Danica. And it confirmed everything I have personally ever thought about her.

She comes across as rude, snotty, and uppity. Just my .02 on Danica.
I switched over right after the NASCAR race was finished and saw her interview too. I also thought she came across as a snotty little b1tch. I'm sure she's caused more than her fair share of mistakes when she first came into the series too and other drivers were thinking the same of her back then, they just didn't do it on camera.

I also thought she came across as a snotty little b1tch.
Why? Because she is driven? Because she has some level of success? She has paid many more dues than most, if not all, of the women pro drivers in NHRA. And don't give me the spoiled routine, because there are a couple of former NHRA drivers who couldn't drive a bracket car but ended up in the pro classes because of dads money. And no, I am not referring to AF, but honestly, who would put her in a fuel car but her dad? Marketable, yes, but unproven when she started in the family car. Her deal in TAD was a purchased ride IMO, but it jump started her career.

I'm sure she's caused more than her fair share of mistakes when she first came into the series too and other drivers were thinking the same of her back then, they just didn't do it on camera.
Many men make those same mistakes, in indy cars and NHRA cars.

If you don't think the same thoughts have run thru some of the NHRA circle of drivers about some of the women who have come and gone in drag racing you are very naive. And yet, they are given a pedestal like they are doing something special. For every woman out there today in NHRA, there were trailblazers. Shirley, Judy Lilly to name a couple.

There is one stagnant woman driver in NHRA who hasn't driven in a very long time, yet she has the undying support of a lot of people who post here. Why? What has she brought to the table? Promises of sponsorships, stock sales, and lots of blog pics from everywhere but the races.

Just sayin...

Last edited:
That's a good comment about Skuza to change the subject LOL

I have one question,

did anyone count how many times the statement "Ya Know" was used during that interview, and that only ONE of them made it into the actual printed part of the interview??

I guess I noticed it so much because a friend of mine that I grew up with, that was her FAVORITE two words that she used to dramatize in a very teenage girl fun kind of way.

I'm not bashing on Danica in any way, but with all the media exposure she has had, I would think there would be a larger vocabulary within her education expertise. And Kudos to her Crew Chief for the strategy of not going in for fuel and pushing it to the end not knowing if she was going to run out and make it to the checkered flag. It was a risk, and it paid off.

"It's bad enough that newspapers all over are laying off people. Targeting the press with a flood of complaints won't help"

This is what the guy is really upset about. Are we supposed to be nice and ignore bad journalism because they are becoming obsolete?

You know it used to be that a few people , relatively few, got to write stuff, that other people read, and even shape public opinion.
Well now we have the internet and opinions are like..well, you know , and everybody's got one. There is a whole lot of resentment it seems because journalists like this guy are being usurped by US!

Who would you rather read? That guy, or _________ (insert name of any nitromater poster)

Sure wish I could make a living writing my opinions down, but guess what, anyone can do it now.

"Viso, I don't know who he is, even," Patrick said. "He's new, he's trying, he's got a pretty fast car. He's learning the ropes of this oval racing, but you know, he almost put me in the wall at one point and I'm like, 'Look dude, you're new, you better be nice because we all know how to handle this a lot better than you do at this point.'

What a lovely person she is. Pure class folks. :rolleyes:

"Viso, I don't know who he is, even," Patrick said. "He's new, he's trying, he's got a pretty fast car. He's learning the ropes of this oval racing, but you know, he almost put me in the wall at one point and I'm like, 'Look dude, you're new, you better be nice because we all know how to handle this a lot better than you do at this point.'

What a lovely person she is. Pure class folks. :rolleyes:

Sounds the way a male competitor would talk.

No.......I take that back.......I think they would probably sound somewhat more menacing.

These are quite different series, one where you are on track with any given competitor for mere seconds, the other for hours at quite lethal velocities.

If Danica were a man her comments would go 100% unnoticed.

And its only because of a pantie wadding incident it is even brought up.

I'm the type that would congratulate both of them and go about my business.

God Bless 'em.

And if I really was put off by them, not knowing much about their character, (like Danica, I really know very little about her) would shut the F up.

The way my Momma raised me, guess she just didn't know any better:cool::rolleyes:

REX

I switched over right after the NASCAR race was finished and saw her interview too. I also thought she came across as a snotty little b1tch. I'm sure she's caused more than her fair share of mistakes when she first came into the series too and other drivers were thinking the same of her back then, they just didn't do it on camera.

I'll never forget when she first joined the IRL, man she was acting like a total Rock star! I can honestly say that Ashley and Melanie never came off like that!:rolleyes:

Why? Because she is driven? Because she has some level of success?

I can appreciate someone who is driven to succeed, and wants to win, but the way she comes across doesn't cut it, IMO. Brent smacked the nail right on the head with his quick assessment. Sure there have been some spoiled NHRA racers, but what sport doesn't have that? None. But image is all in how you represent yourself.

Wow! Just read your piece on your site. Extremely well done, well researched, and well presented. Many kudos! And thanks for all of us for representing us so well.

So much for ethics in journalism....

The Tenants of Journalism are the golden law that govern your discipline.

That being the case, please tell me how
A) reporting inaccurate information
B) accosting the citizens for correcting said inaccurate information
C) informing us that coverage is not uniform and proportional to our sport because of our attitudes

follows in line with ANY of the tenants?

Which is why citizen journalism is taking so many of your jobs!

PS: I added my own "commentary" about this letter on my site too. Please read and comment!

Erica, did you ever debate in HS or college? :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back